PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jeremy Ebert Moving Up - Another Former Patriot In Jacksonville

he was waived?...stupid Pats...it's their fault for cutting him..if they hadn';t he never would have been waived by the Jags...Pats sukk
And let's not forget Kyle Love. Not only did they ruthlessly cut him for having diabetes, but they enabled the Jags to make him feel that pain a second time!

no...we just sukk and it's all bad...just as predicted for 13 years..and even Ray Rice and Jacoby Jones out for the Ravens and Reggie Bush all smashed up in Detroit proves how bad Vewreen is...Vereen sukks...Pats sukk...Ravens are the best except for Weklah and the Broncos...that's about it from here...

Heard on the news yesterday that there was a 3:16 rally scheduled outside the Jags stadium @ 3:16 PM, the purpose was to get the Jags to sign Timmy Terrific...

Where would you put him, roster space wise?

If Slater is IRed...though I would rather see Bill try to re-acquire Greg Salas from Philly...
or find out what the heck is up with Jabar Gaffney.

Heard on the news yesterday that there was a 3:16 rally scheduled outside the Jags stadium @ 3:16 PM, the purpose was to get the Jags to sign Timmy Terrific...

I work down the road from Everbank Field. The turnout was underwhelming, to say the least.

The fans are trying to get the front office to bring in another former Patriot as well.

They held a big rally yesterday in fact - if that big show of support at the rally doesn't convince the GM I don't know what will.

AP-Tebow-Rally-Football.jpg

(looks like they had a pretty high percentage of fans turnout)

The fans are trying to get the front office to bring in another former Patriot as well.

They held a big rally yesterday in fact - if that big show of support at the rally doesn't convince the GM I don't know what will.

AP-Tebow-Rally-Football.jpg

(looks like they had a pretty high percentage of fans turnout)

There was slightly more people there than that. Maybe about 15-20 more at it's peak.

If Slater is IRed...though I would rather see Bill try to re-acquire Greg Salas from Philly...
or find out what the heck is up with Jabar Gaffney.

Cut Develin again...

Both of these make some level of sense in some of our minds, but I wonder about Belichick's feelings on it, and that is my concern.

We also have a lot of young WR's at the moment, with both Harrison on NFI (eligible in a month) and Sims on the practice squad. The concern would be having too many total receivers, and also too many slot guys.

Depending on how many games Bill honestly believes ToughGlass will miss, then maybe
having a backup to Edelman in the slot might not be that bad an idea.

Both of these make some level of sense in some of our minds, but I wonder about Belichick's feelings on it, and that is my concern.

We also have a lot of young WR's at the moment, with both Harrison on NFI (eligible in a month) and Sims on the practice squad. The concern would be having too many total receivers, and also too many slot guys.

True enough...I just want more potential weapons that could have an impact. Ebert is just an option.

Depending on how many games Bill honestly believes ToughGlass will miss, then maybe
having a backup to Edelman in the slot might not be that bad an idea.

True enough...I just want more potential weapons that could have an impact. Ebert is just an option.

I hear what you guys are saying, but the move (if made) would be much more for the future of next year and beyond, as opposed to expecting any kind of production this season.

Ebert's knowledge of our system is extremely limited, at best---and it'd be way too much to ask him to be expected to contribute on much level for this particular season in my opinion; especially at the slot position where he would need a ton of playbook knowledge and chemistry with Brady. It wouldn't help for this year, so any concerns about our current injuries are pretty much irrelevant.

If something happens to Edelman before Amendola can get back and stay healthy, we're basically screwed and would then have to turn to Josh Boyce. Even though we all cringe at the thought, at least Boyce would have current knowledge and a summer full of playbook under his belt, which would be much more than Jeremy Ebert could offer at this point in time.

The offense is just way too cerebral to even consider bringing in an outsider at the second most important position (knowledge and timing-wise) outside of Quarterback. This is likely why it never happens.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back