PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jenks

scout

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I'm thinking this is a great pick-up for the Sox. The guy threw smoke a few years ago. They say he's slowed down each of the last two years, but he was injured last year. I like this signing.

Lighting a fire under Papelbums ass ... it's about time.

This article is a great read ... Theo doing his homework here:

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/14210/bobby-jenks-could-be-steal-of-the-offseason

Jenks allowed a .260 batting average last year, his highest since he joined the White Sox. This doesn’t seem to make sense considering the high rate of strikeouts, but opposing batters had a .368 batting average on balls in play against Jenks last year, almost 100 points higher than the .269 BABIP posted against him over the previous three seasons.

Last edited:
I read a recent article, maybe the Herald, which basically said Pap is gone next year. He will be a free agent looking for a long-term mega-bucks contract. Supposedly, the Sox don't give those out to closers. Jenks thus, is being groomed for the set-up job.

I read a recent article, maybe the Herald, which basically said Pap is gone next year. He will be a free agent looking for a long-term mega-bucks contract. Supposedly, the Sox don't give those out to closers. Jenks thus, is being groomed for the set-up job.

Pap could have a good season left in him if he gets around to remembering that he once had more than a fastball. But I don't blame the Sox ... it's a roll of the dice but overpaying for a closer is nuts.

Paps, Bard, Jenks gives them some great late inning options.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back