PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jemea Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this. Not sure if you're suggesting that I don't, but I think it goes without saying that Smith/Worthy isn't in any way an apples-to-apples swap.

Your post lumped them together for 'a spot'. I was pointing out they play different positions so probabyl are not in competition with each other for a spot, and certainly not for playing time.

Your post lumped them together for 'a spot'. I was pointing out they play different positions so probabyl are not in competition with each other for a spot, and certainly not for playing time.

Right on, then we agree. I should have been clearer in my post: what I meant was that, if it comes down to one of those three for a spot, then I believe it will go to either Worthy or Smith, depending on whether Belichick feels that that roster spot is more needed for a DE or DT. Personally, I figure it will go to a DE, since we have less apparent depth there--which makes Smith the guy--but I could also see it maybe going to worthy if the Pats are planning on running a lot of 3-4 and/or Buchanan impresses and Easley is projected to take a fair number of DE snaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes