PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

jeffery kesseler to be on felger's show

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
is going to be on soon.FWIW - felger says there was maybe a "smoking gun" in the grievience- the pats thought maybe they didnt have a good chance to win the grievance thats why the trade took place.

Felger's reaching. There doesn't always have to be "something". Sometimes "it is what it is" - a trade that makes sense for both sides.

Oh, brother. Let the theories begin. But does any of it matter? Of course not. It's all just obnoxious and most likely wrong speculation.

I HATE sports talk radio.

Can someone remind me again who Kesseler is? Also, Felger and his "theories" are starting to bug me. First the "CJ has been practicing when the media leaves" and now this. Ugh--enough already.

Thanks for the heads up. But I'm not interested in listening to another agenda driven media member, piling on my football team.

Mosi Moose said:
Can someone remind me again who Kesseler is? Also, Felger and his "theories" are starting to bug me. First the "CJ has been practicing when the media leaves" and now this. Ugh--enough already.

Yeah. So much for that rumor about CJ. It had me thinking that he might play. :rolleyes:

Felger also had Maroney ruled out of yesterday's game last Monday.

He also reported Bruschi would play, even making "Bruschi vs. McGahee" his key matchup in the paper.

Felger seems like one of those guys who just says the first thing that comes to mind, then bends the facts to fit his vision.

Yeah, the smooking gun was that Seattle played like crap yesterday, so they called BB this morning and said, "Fine, we'll meet your price," and BB said "I'll have him on the next plane."

PatsDeb said:
Yeah, the smooking gun was that Seattle played like crap yesterday, so they called BB this morning and said, "Fine, we'll meet your price," and BB said "I'll have him on the next plane."
Somebody give this chick a cigar. ;)

Smokin' gun? The Pats got what they wanted, a 1st round pick.

It would be so like BB and Scott to fear an aribitraitor. Let's face it, when they let Branch seek a trade they were absolutely willing to let him go for the right price. As PatsDeb points out, Seattle's pathetic display convinced them to pay that price.

I'm getting sick of Felger's conspiracy theories.

SVN said:
is going to be on soon.FWIW - felger says there was maybe a "smoking gun" in the grievience- the pats thought maybe they didnt have a good chance to win the grievance thats why the trade took place.
He's just making crap up at this point. Like Borges' "Belichick is a real scumbag because of something he once did but I can't tell you what that something is" routine.

If you have a car that you like but you cant use for some reason and another person offers you more than you paid for him would you sell that car? I would...

Same situation with Branch... we paid a 2nd round for him, liked him but with the holdout couldnt use him anymore and the Seahawks offered a 1st rounder for him and we trade him...

That is the smoking gun for all these bums...

Last edited:
Kessler gave him nothing, maybe less than nothing. He's a pit bull when he's on your team, but he's played both sides of the road over the years. Sure he thinks they had a case, but he also understands that the NFL didn't believe he did. His only revelation was that the union is a little concerned about the fact that BB had been in touch with Branch over the course of the negotiations. So I guess what the trade boils down to is the team (and probably his significant teamates) always believed that the player was being misrepresented, but the filing of the grievances pretty much blew that last straw theory out the window. As Kessler said the greivances didn't cause the trade (as in traded to avoid the hearing process) but they facilitated the trade (as in Pats decided Branch was not salvagable apart from Chayut).

The first caller blew Mike out of the water. As he said, and disingenuous Mike immediately agreed, getting 4 years of cheap production out of a player and then flipping them for a #1 is a pretty good formula for an NFL team. Mike's caveat after the caller hung up was why not be more proactive - they screwed up by not doing this earlier. Why, did we miss out on the best WR prospect without an arrest record in the 2006 draft Mike? Sounds like we had a plan. We also tried to sign Givens before Tennessee made a ridiculous offer. But we weren't going to overpay him in advance either just because we realized sooner that Deion was not a reasonable or football first guy and was not going to be here unless he got overpaid. We just don't overpay, period. Guys we want to keep we give every opportunity to weigh their decision. But in the end they won't all stay.

Life goes on. For Deion it means he will get a few million more after taxes over the life of his deal, if things work out in Seattle soon enough and they retain him that long. He will be playing under a microscope in an all new system with a HC who may not be around too much longer and the QB he brought with him from GB and slowly developed on the road to a superbowl appearance who last year signed a below market deal to stay in Seattle. And then got to watch the Seahawks flumox the Hutchinson deal which led to Matt landing on his ass multiple times yesterday.

He will also be putting another three thousand miles between himself and his sons from his first relationship. But he'll be able to send them bigger checks in the short run anyway.

as per kessler , BB and pioli called branch directly in and the last few months and asked him to fire his agent which is against the CBA rules and when it came out with various despositions, the pats thought they could lose the grievence and would be forced to trade branch to the jets for a 2nd rounder, therefore this trade took place.FWIW

Felger is starting to get more looney then Borges. Borges is just a jerk. Felger needs to be sent to a mental institution.

MoLewisrocks said:
Kessler gave him nothing, maybe less than nothing. He's a pit bull when he's on your team, but he's played both sides of the road over the years. Sure he thinks they had a case, but he also understands that the NFL didn't believe he did. His only revelation was that the union is a little concerned about the fact that BB had been in touch with Branch over the course of the negotiations. So I guess what the trade boils down to is the team (and probably his significant teamates) always believed that the player was being misrepresented, but the filing of the grievances pretty much blew that last straw theory out the window. As Kessler said the greivances didn't cause the trade (as in traded to avoid the hearing process) but they facilitated the trade (as in Pats decided Branch was not salvagable apart from Chayut).

The first caller blew Mike out of the water. As he said, and disingenuous Mike immediately agreed, getting 4 years of cheap production out of a player and then flipping them for a #1 is a pretty good formula for an NFL team. Mike's caveat after the caller hung up was why not be more proactive - they screwed up by not doing this earlier. Why, did we miss out on the best WR prospect without an arrest record in the 2006 draft Mike? Sounds like we had a plan. We also tried to sign Givens before Tennessee made a ridiculous offer. But we weren't going to overpay him in advance either just because we realized sooner that Deion was not a reasonable or football first guy and was not going to be here unless he got overpaid. We just don't overpay, period. Guys we want to keep we give every opportunity to weigh their decision. But in the end they won't all stay.

Life goes on. For Deion it means he will get a few million more after taxes over the life of his deal, if things work out in Seattle soon enough and they retain him that long. He will be playing under a microscope in an all new system with a HC who may not be around too much longer and the QB he brought with him from GB and slowly developed on the road to a superbowl appearance who last year signed a below market deal to stay in Seattle. And then got to watch the Seahawks flumox the Hutchinson deal which led to Matt landing on his ass multiple times yesterday.

He will also be putting another three thousand miles between himself and his sons from his first relationship. But he'll be able to send them bigger checks in the short run anyway.

Thanks Mo for saving me the pain of listening to Felger! Gotta say, I love your way with words!!!:)

I really don't care about this anymore. I'm glad it's over, we were well compensated. Now it's time to move on.
I hope the FO learned something from this. Hey nobody is perfect. :p
The next guy who tries this is going to suffer, IMO. They will not even waste their time.

Why would the Patrots be "afraid" of the ruling and make the trade becasue of it? Wouldn't the grievance basically (if the Pats lost it) have said the Pats have to trade him which they did anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes