PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jeff Triplette Karma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

letekro

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I hope we get Jeff Triplette for this weekend's game. He is a talented and unbiased official and he is not annoying in any way.

I hope we get Jeff Triplette for this weekend's game. He is a talented and unbiased official and he is not annoying in any way.

For what it's worth, he's not eligible. Here are the crews that are eligible:

Boger, Corollo, Coleman, Green, McAuley, Steratore, Winter, Hochuli, Nemmers.

Boger and Steratore are rookies, so I'd doubt you'd see them. There are some pretty high powered names left on the list, though, and any two of the other six could get these games. My guess would be Hochuli and Nemmers, but you never know.

Last edited:
Hochuli is the strong ass dude, right ? I'd like him, he can punch Polian in the mouth if he says anything else.

Just PLEASE dont let it be Coleman.

I like Hochuli. Too bad Corrente can't return. What about Mike Carey? I think he did one of the other Divisional games.

OBTW Hochuli is the gym rat. The guy is more ripped than most of the players. Hochuli did the 2001 AFC title game at Pittsburgh and SB XXXVIII.

Bob G

Triplette's 2006 NFL officiating crew consists of Jim Quirk, Jim Mello, Jeff Seeman, Duke Carroll, Greg Meyer, and Greg Steed

Do you remember the name of Back Judge: 12 Greg Steed?
Here's a reminder:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKXBmB5TQzs

That's Triplette Refereeing by the way.

Looks like it may be Bill Carollo.

whoever it is the referees should ask the league for protection from napolian, citing the incident with the jets employee.

unless its hochuli, of course

whoever it is the referees should ask the league for protection from napolian, citing the incident with the jets employee.

unless its hochuli, of course

Since everyone is so affraid of Polian I found this for you.

Interesting that he was the ref in 2 Super Bowls 1996 and 2003. Both precede a year the Pats went to the Super Bowl.

Hope you're right. Here's the skinny on Carollo's crew:

Penalties per game: 10.9 (4th lowest in league).

Coach initiated replays: 17 (second highest in the league)
Coach replays reversed: 4
Reversal rate on coach replays: .235 (4th lowest in league)

Booth initiated replays: 2 (2d lowest in league), one reversal.

Home/Road Penalty Dif: -10 (in other words, his crew has called 10 more penalties against the home team than against the road team; one of the few crews not to call more penalties on the road team, which is unusual since false starts (the most common penalties along with block in back and hold) are usually more frequent by a road team).

Hope you're right. Here's the skinny on Carollo's crew:

Penalties per game: 10.9 (4th lowest in league).

Coach initiated replays: 17 (second highest in the league)
Coach replays reversed: 4
Reversal rate on coach replays: .235 (4th lowest in league)

Booth initiated replays: 2 (2d lowest in league), one reversal.

Home/Road Penalty Dif: -10 (in other words, his crew has called 10 more penalties against the home team than against the road team; one of the few crews not to call more penalties on the road team, which is unusual since false starts (the most common penalties along with block in back and hold) are usually more frequent by a road team).

Those are interesting stats. What's your source? I'd love to look up some of the other refs.

Ed Hochuli is the best. I mean really, any ref with his own website is the man.

I don't care who it is, as long as it isn't Ron Winter or Triplette.

Watching that youtube clip of the Asante interference call just angered me greatly. No wonder we lost that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes