PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jeff Samardjia (sp) in the 6th round ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthSeeker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Would you guys risk drafting him in the 6th round ? I think it would be a good move. It would be much easier for him to make it in the NFL than in MLB. I imagine he would get very sick of riding minor league buses in a year or two. Unless that punter Sepulveda is still available at that point, I'd do it.

Would you guys risk drafting him in the 6th round ? I think it would be a good move. It would be much easier for him to make it in the NFL than in MLB. I imagine he would get very sick of riding minor league buses in a year or two. Unless that punter Sepulveda is still available at that point, I'd do it.

I remember a guy in the NBA named David Robinson that the Spurs took a chance on with the Military duties he had to deal with - Worked out well for them,Why not take a chance?

I have this feeling he will not be riding the buses that long. He has a 16.5 million guaranteed contract.

I'd ride buses for 6 years for that...

He would be worth our last 7th round pick, if he were still available, IMO

YES,You never know.

Would you guys risk drafting him in the 6th round ?
Sure . . . because there's almost no risk. Risk ? That's first day. Not that we should throw picks away but a 6th round pick is not "risk"ing anything of significant value.

The Patriots only have four picks in the sixth round. :)

Statistically, at least one of them's probably going to go "boink" anyways, so why not take a flyer? I say sure.

The Patriots only have four picks in the sixth round. :)

Statistically, at least one of them's probably going to go "boink" anyways, so why not take a flyer? I say sure.

Unless he signs a contract, and makes the team, the pick is wasted. Its not like we get the rights forever.

Unless he signs a contract, and makes the team, the pick is wasted. Its not like we get the rights forever.

The same applies for anyone else the Pats pick--and the odds aren't that good that the Pats will have 10 rookies make the team.

The same applies for anyone else the Pats pick--and the odds aren't that good that the Pats will have 10 rookies make the team.

I don't think it's a good call. Samardzija has looked very good playing baseball. He's got a giant guaranteed deal. Even if he does blow out of baseball, we won't still own his draft rights if and when he makes that decision. Better off using a pick on him in a few years if he struggles.

No... Don't waste a pick on this guy. His heart isn't in football. So why bother.

His contract says specifically that he cannot play football for the duration of this contract...might as well draft me...

The odds are 0 he makes the team...I'd go with not good over 0 any day :)

His contract says specifically that he cannot play football for the duration of this contract...might as well draft me...

Ditto,
He's looked good in his first two starts. As for the bus rides, He's is Daytona Beach so it's not too bad to start with ........especially when some of the away games are Vero Beach and it's like Spring training with short trips..

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=315&p=2&c=636225

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey