PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jeff Howe of NESN thinks Brandon Spikes is not thrilled to be here

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Jeff is a decent writer and after reading his view on Spikes and Spikes location recently posted on Twitter as being 'Hell On Earth' and not to mention previous tweets about just '2 more years' makes me wonder if there is more than meets the eye between Brandon and his feelings of being a player on the Patriots....is Brandon really injured or is he another Adalius Thomas malcontent?

Jerod Mayo Hoping He'll Survive Roster Cuts and 19 Other Patriots Thoughts - Patriots Two-Minute Drill - NESN.com

Last edited:
this is talked about in another thread also...last thing BB wants is a malcontent. I think he's out of here. He and Brace...big time busts. Hopefully they can get something for these guys.

this is talked about in another thread also...last thing BB wants is a malcontent. I think he's out of here. He and Brace...big time busts. Hopefully they can get something for these guys.

Brandon would get us something...not sure about Brace value,I do think Brace will be fine and really is banged up.

I like our ILBs we have right now even without Spikes ever playing another down,should that happen.

We do know that Belichick takes no crap from any player...Thomas and Moss can tell you that.

Last edited:
If true, this might be the third strike that ships him out: Sex tape scandal, failed drug test, bad attitude.

Problem then is who replaces him on the roster? Hopefully Fletcher's thumb won't be a big problem.

Maybe the move to a more predominant 4-3 is an issue here with him?

I wish we new if it were an injury or something else

bspikes55 brandon spikes
#ThankGod boy I miss that earthquake by 30mins Smhhhh !!!! Yes lord #blessed
Translation: Brandon Spikes hates the Patriots.

One of Spikes' messages had the tag #notwhatyouthink. Which could easily mean that he's saying that he's not talking about the Patriots but other personal issues, correct. This type of speculation sucks.

FWIW--I think the thread title is a bit misleading, as the only thing I assessed from the read was that Howe says "it's worth keeping an eye on," and that "it's hard to read into twitter." (paraphrasing)

Spikes may very well be the next malcontent, who knows? I suppose the writing's on the wall for sure, but again, let's see what's going on first before jumping to conclusions.

There's also the fact that his tweet about "2 more yrs" makes no sense in regards to his contract--which is for THREE more yrs..so that is absolute speculation, and speculation that doesn't even make sense.

Maybe the move to a more predominant 4-3 is an issue here with him?

I wish we new if it were an injury or something else

Oh, do you mean the 4-3 that all reporters had him tearing it up in at the beginning of camp?

:rolleyes:

Also, there is no way that Logan Mankins will ever reconcile with the Patriots after what he has said publically.

I really do not understand where this whole malcontent, disgruntled, wants out speculation is coming from. If all of this is stemming from a few tweets, then it is utterly absurd!!! Noone has a clue what those tweets are referencing or even if they are really coming from Spikes. And if you read them, they make no sense when related to his football career. I have seen a number of people reference his tweet regarding his displeasure with some unspecified 2 year contract. (he still had 3 years left on his contract with the Pats) So none of resets are referencing football or make sense in a football context.

Spikes was a team captain in Florida, and got a big endorsement from Doc Rivers(whose daughter Spikes was/is dating). Being and acting like a leader was one of the fundamental reason why we drafted him. Aside from the sex tape fiasco, I have not heard Spikes do or day anything to the contrary of how he is suppose to behave as a young Patriots player. One great example is that he has not made any piblic statements ad he is "recovering" from his injury.

Can anyone else shed some light on this topic?

FWIW--I think the thread title is a bit misleading, as the only thing I assessed from the read was that Howe says "it's worth keeping an eye on," and that "it's hard to read into twitter." (paraphrasing)

Spikes may very well be the next malcontent, who knows? I suppose the writing's on the wall for sure, but again, let's see what's going on first before jumping to conclusions.

There's also the fact that his tweet about "2 more yrs" makes no sense in regards to his contract--which is for THREE more yrs..so that is absolute speculation, and speculation that doesn't even make sense.

Thats true...it's all speculation,but an intriguing one at that.

We pretty much have heard the news about the other players and their injury,Spikes is a wonder.

I really do not understand where this whole malcontent, disgruntled, wants out speculation is coming from. If all of this is stemming from a few tweets, then it is utterly absurd!!! Noone has a clue what those tweets are referencing or even if they are really coming from Spikes. And if you read them, they make no sense when related to his football career. I have seen a number of people reference his tweet regarding his displeasure with some unspecified 2 year contract. (he still had 3 years left on his contract with the Pats) So none of resets are referencing football or make sense in a football context.

Spikes was a team captain in Florida, and got a big endorsement from Doc Rivers(whose daughter Spikes was/is dating). Being and acting like a leader was one of the fundamental reason why we drafted him. Aside from the sex tape fiasco, I have not heard Spikes do or day anything to the contrary of how he is suppose to behave as a young Patriots player. One great example is that he has not made any piblic statements ad he is "recovering" from his injury.

Can anyone else shed some light on this topic?
no one really knows for sure

As the title says,this is speculation from Howe that it is 'something to keep an eye on and the writing on the wall'

Howe may be entirely wrong or he may have something there.

I've read through his tweets. You could definitely read into his posts and see a lack of contentment. But you can never figure out what he's unhappy about something.

I've followed his tweets for a couple of weeks now as well as other Pats players.

I noticed a couple of things:

1) He's very immature.

2) Unlike others, very few of his tweets are about football, the upcoming season, the team.

He "seems" like a little bit of a head case.

I say we hold off on any more Gators for a while.

Last edited:
I think your a big time bust, you should be cut.

no one really knows for sure

As the title says,this is speculation from Howe that it is 'something to keep an eye on and the writing on the wall'

Howe may be entirely wrong or he may have something there.

And in more substantitive news: the cow has indeed jumped over the moon.

So because Spikes tweeted that he missed the earthquake (which was felt in Foxboro, wasn't it?), he's not in Foxboro. I'm usually a Jeff Howe fan, but this looks like an awful lot like speculation to me. Worse, it's the kind of stuff that gets the rumor mill churning, and after a few days it becomes fact in its own right, whether it was true in the first place or not.

Hell on Earth = Severe ankle Injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back