Welcome to PatsFans.com

Jeb Bush new Commish?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by JR4, May 24, 2006.

1. JR4

JR4 In the Starting Line-up PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +34 / 3 / -2

Since this could turn into a political thing, which is not the
    discussion intended, I'm posting this info here on PATsFans
    policical forum and will link to it elsewhere.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2006-05-24-06-54-31

Jeb is not running for president and will out of a job soon. I know someone
    who is in a very good position to know the man behind closed doors and get
    the impression that Jeb is honest person with integrity.
    He did a pretty good job as Florida governor. He is smart, young
    and has high energy and probably has what it takes to be a good negotiator.

Any thouhgts?
  2. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +99 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

I could actually care less who the commissioner is, but anyone that would get NEM, Patters, GJ, AAB and the rest of the left wing nuts panties all in a bunch would be so fun to watch.
  3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +262 / 10 / -11

I'd welcome him as Commissioner if only to get him out of politics, where he is dangerous. He'd probably be competent in the role, but we'd be subjected to even more Leni Riefenstahl like nationalism and even more footage of players acting like God gives s!it about football.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +660 / 2 / -9

Jeb is not Presidential material.

If you want to see somebody dangerous to politics watch Al Gore closely the next time you see him giving one of his hate filled rants on TV. The man belongs in an institution, if I were Tipper I would be afraid to go to sleep at night knowing that the man that invented the internet was in the same house.

Howard "Doc" Dean is also right up there with the "Boob Gore"
  5. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +99 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

Well forget be commish, than, I hope runs for the senate.
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +660 / 2 / -9

Me too, we have to keep the Bush's around, nothing can drive a Sore Loser Liberal Neo Dem crazier than the word "Bush".

Bush won----TWICE.

VOTE BUSH FOR US SENATOR
    Last edited: May 24, 2006
  7. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Jeb, is honest and has integrity? Ah no. Lets begin with the number of times Florida voters passed a ballot initiative only to have Jeb circumvent the voters. In 2000, voters overwhelmingly voted for a high speed rail system. Right or wrong, good or bad, why should he use his personal views to override it. When all the dust settled in the Terry Schiavo case, the last court ruling that allowed the feeding tube to stay out, Jeb went after the husband in criminal proceedings. Gee, no hard feelings there. Then there is the Anti-Smoking Tobacco Campaign, the most successful ever. By early 2000, there had been a 50% reduction in middle school smoking as a result of this well funded program. The money to support this program was from the tobacco settlement case given to each state. This program funding was abolished soon after big tobacco made large donations to the Florida politicians, who the vast majority are Republicans. What is really sad about this, is Jeb's daughter is an addict. You would think he would have some compassion for young people who are becoming addicted to cigarettes, or at least some integrity. Yea, thats the guy that I want as my commisioner.
  8. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

Bush for Commisionner so we can invade the English Premier League in the name of National Security!
  9. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Not that I know a whole lot about FL politics but California might be a little better off today if they had a governor over the years that had the balls to squash some of their voter initiatives.
  10. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

My problem with Jeb is that he's turned Florida into a monarchy under the governor. Every judge is now a direct appointee of the governor (historically a committee), and the education system is under the direct control of the governor. Although he seems to be more qualified to be President that W in his understanding of all things political, the thought of him being elected is frankly more terrifying. There would be large parts of the Constitution he would likely take it upon himself to re-write as he sees fit.
  11. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

The voters passed an initiative to limits on classroom size (too many students per teacher). Anybody that knows anything about education or is good at logic, will agree that this is a good place to start in trying to teach a student. Jeb tried his hardest to circumvent this voter mandate. He told the voters there wasn't money in the budget. Actually, its a matter of priorities, and education isn't one of Jeb's.
  12. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

I wasn't trying to come off as defending him because I don't know enough about FL issues to lean one way or the other, I was just stating that vetoing a voter based initiative isn't always a bad thing.
  13. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Not sure what they are looking for regarding qualifications and experience, but IMO he has too much political baggage for this position, i.e. Bud Selig in Baseball. No matter what decisions he makes it will be viewed as a political decision, I would prefer someone I do not know or someone who is coming from the NFL organization. Do not want to see anything impede this game or make it signficantly different, except easier access to tix.

My panties did not get into a bunch, now did they I thought this was a rather intelligent response!!!!
  14. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Yea, Ok I just have a bad reaction when I hear that name mentioned for anything that influences me or I find enjoyable. George wanted to be commissioner of baseball. He wanted to abolish the designated hitter and to eliminate the playoff format (only divisional winners advance). So we won that battle but lost the war. I haven't heard Jeb talking sports so don't know where he stands on anything, but dislike him as a politician.
  15. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Fair enough.
  16. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,038 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Poor NEM

...a Bush in the White House!

...A Bush maybe for Commish?

...What's next...Jenna and Barbara buying the Vine???
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2005
  17. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,038 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by JoeSixPat : 09-03-2005 at 11:28 PM.

JSP is dogging me??? Ahhh!!! DiaperGate!!!
    Last edited: May 24, 2006
  18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Yeah, what do voters know? Politicians are so much more intelligent than you and me.:confused:
  19. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Not what I meant. But you pay attention to what is going on a lot of voters don't. Most of the bills past by the voters in California involved heavy spending which put them in the budget crisis they are currently in. When it comes to laws I don't have a problem with it, but when it comes to spending I do. Do you honestly know what your state budget is and how much they have coming in taxes and furthermore do you know how much they can afford to spend for new programs? That was my only point, sorry I didn't express it well enough.
  20. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

OK...now I see your point.
    There is a much bigger problem at work here. The media-government based system of dis-information and intentional BS has combined for a situation of general voter ignorance and apathy. More time is spent on getting the public "in line" with crap like the occupation of Iraq, gas prices, and American Idol fakrissakes, than issues that really matter. The country, as a whole, is fast asleep while the crooks rob the house.
    Last edited: May 25, 2006