Welcome to PatsFans.com

Jeb Bush is back, and some think he's looking presidential

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DisgruntledTunaFan, Feb 1, 2010.

1. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Jeb Bush is back, and some think he's looking presidential | McClatchy

MIAMI — When Jeb Bush left office four years ago, his public appearances were as scarce as bi-partisan man hugs.

He didn't want to upstage his successor in the governor's mansion nor his brother in the White House. Instead, he quietly cashed in by joining corporate boards and an elite speakers bureau, penned policy essays and gave infrequent interviews to conservative media.

But in recent months, as the Republican Party of Florida has grappled with a leadership vacuum, Bush's political profile has grown as fast as the national deficit.

Read more
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +327 / 1 / -9

Oh Boy now you've done it, another Bush, Mush Mouth Matthews will go nuts trying to keep up with all these Neo Cons and trying to destroy them, Palin, Brown and now another Bush.

3. Teenuh

Teenuh Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No more Bushes or Clintons in office.... ever.... I've had enough of both.

And the day we have a president named Jeb, I will immediately hang myself with my mousecord. :lol2: I mean that is just oine small step away from President BillyBob or President Cletus. :eek: And then of course the first lady will actually be his sister. :eek: :eek:
  4. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What an incredibly disgusting, closed-minded, bigoted thing to say.
  5. Run DMC

Run DMC Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Well, after trashing Florida, I guess he can now move on to trashing the entire country. I thought we had a revolution in this country to get away from royalty?
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +171 / 5 / -20

If we put another Bush, Clinton or Kennedy in the White House.. then all the innuendo about the power elite who really run this country will be true...
  7. Teenuh

Teenuh Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh no, my redneck joke offended someone. :eek:

And sometimes there is a little bit of truth to stereotypes. Take our previous two presidents for example. One was from Texas and the other was from Arkansas and both embarassed us on almost a daily basis.

I just think we need a break from "southern" presidents so that the world won't laugh at us again... :rolleyes:

So is it safe to assume I have the first member of the Tina hate club on this site? :)
  8. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +539 / 4 / -13

#87 Jersey

Elect someone with the name Jeb ... :confused2:

Who will he run against in the primary ... Cooter, Bubba, Billy Bob and Wade. :confused2:
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  9. Teenuh

Teenuh Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't know, I've heard good things about Bubba. And President Bubba has a nice ring to it. ;)
  10. Teenuh

Teenuh Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ah if we're going to go down this route, lets just forget it all and let Schwarzenegger become president. :rolleyes:

Oh or better yet, if its going to be a celebrity, lets vote TFB for president!!! :D The superbowl could become a national holiday and instead of republicans and democrats, the pats and colts players would replace all members of congress. Just imagine someone jumping up out of their seat during heated discussions and tackling the person they are talking to... That would be pretty entertaining. :)

"Senator Wilfork gets a penalty for facemasking Senator Manning." :lol2:
  11. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I make it a rule not to hate anybody. I just find your hypocrisy funny (if not galling). I can only imagine your response if someone in here said some grossly offensive things about African-Americans or homosexuals and then, when attempting to defend their statements, came back with "sometimes there is a little bit of truth to stereotypes."
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +327 / 1 / -9

Barack Hussein Obama--:rofl::rofl::rofl:
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +327 / 1 / -9

Something is going on, why does Prince Barack blame Bush for everything then he calls Bush up on the phone, what the hell do they talk about, why does Obama call Father Bush up, what the hell do they talk about, are
    "The Bush's" still running the wars>>>>>?

Maybe they discuss UFO's
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  14. Teenuh

Teenuh Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well then you don't know me very well. First of all, yes, there are certain stereotypes we have for groups of people and the truth is that there really is some truth to many of them. I'm half-filipino and half-irish and I can tell you with complete honesty that many of the stereotypes we have regarding irish people are pretty accurate in many cases. Obviously not ALL of them are like that though. But yes, many people from the south fit the redneck stereotypes, many african-americans fit the "gangsta" stereotype, many irish people fit the "drunken and arguing" irish stereotype, many asians fit the "nerdy asian" stereotype, etc...

It is what it is.

Obama doesn't fall into the "gangta" stereotype by any stretch of the imagination but Clinton and Bush both fell into the "redneck" stereotype for certain.

Where is the hypocrisy you mentioned? I can be called a lot of things but hypocrite will never be one of them.
  15. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And you are what you are. And what you are is an obscenely ignorant individual.
    Oh yeah? How so? Other than the obvious facts that they come from southern states and speak with an accent, how do they fit the "redneck" stereotype? One was a Rhodes Scholar and the other has a MBA from Harvard.
    Well, it's surprising you've never been called a hypocrite because you have demonstrated that you certainly are one.

I guess if someone talked about Barack Obama eating watermelon and fried chicken, then that would be perfectly OK with you. After all, stereotypes are based in reality, right? Well, the rest of us out here in the civilized world find those types of remarks obscenely offensive.
  16. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +157 / 4 / -4

But stereotypes are used to diminish and degrade people. It's wrong to define people by their worst traits. Who decided to call Irish people drunken and arguing, instead of happy and feisty? "Redneck" is a more complex terms, but it's usually used as an insult to describe relatively harmless traits of poor white southerners.
  17. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +120 / 7 / -11

Jeb Bush will not be nominated for President by anyone.
  18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +327 / 1 / -9

If I posted This I'd Be Taken To The Woodshed
  19. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -10

Very, VERY few Americans would every vote for another BUSH....so get this idea out of your head oh disgruntled one!

20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +327 / 1 / -9

The Bush's have had it, there are new stars rising, they smell blood from all of the Obama/Pelosi Sh!t and they will make the most of it, it builds slowly.