PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jealousy Breeds Contempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

mavfan2390

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I thought I'd enjoy this more, but all I see is hate everywhere I turn, we have just completed the single greatest season in NFL history, yet all anyone wants to talk about is Spygate and Wilfork. At first, this saddened me, I thoughts fans of all teams would appreciate what we just did, with salary cap restrictions, we became the first team to ever go 16-0, we came close to losing several times, but Brady (the GOAT) delivered us from the brink every time, I thought fans would appreciate what he has done...what we have done, but again all I feel is the animosity, it is then I realized, they want what we have!! They wish their respective teams were half as good as us! They wish their teams had gambled on Moss and he had delivered, they wish they had the absolutely most clutch QB of all time, THEY ARE JEALOUS!!! So my true fellow Pats fans, you that bleed blue and red, rejoice!! For we are truly blessed (regardless of all the putrid venom that is spewed at us). Ignore those that will try to take this away from you, embrace the attacks, because jealousy breeds contempt.

I am flattered.

this post nails it. i wish all other Pats fans would realize this and stop reacting to other fans and media jealousy. Great Post!!!

And of all the putrid venom that is spewed at us will continue even at 19-0
yes we are in this by ourselves, Patriot Nation is truely looked upon with envy and contempt, but we are true Patriots fans, and we are also Football fans, so let them spit fire and brimstone and be miserable, and we will as Patriot Fans continue to rejoice.
Go Pats!

Don't know what you expect - fans of our own team don't respect what they just did. Why should anyone else... Real football fans get it, but I guess there aren't many of us that post on any message boards regularly. :rolleyes:

I thought I'd enjoy this more, but all I see is hate everywhere I turn, we have just completed the single greatest season in NFL history, yet all anyone wants to talk about is Spygate and Wilfork. At first, this saddened me, I thoughts fans of all teams would appreciate what we just did, with salary cap restrictions, we became the first team to ever go 16-0, we came close to losing several times, but Brady (the GOAT) delivered us from the brink every time, I thought fans would appreciate what he has done...what we have done, but again all I feel is the animosity, it is then I realized, they want what we have!! They wish their respective teams were half as good as us! They wish their teams had gambled on Moss and he had delivered, they wish they had the absolutely most clutch QB of all time, THEY ARE JEALOUS!!! So my true fellow Pats fans, you that bleed blue and red, rejoice!! For we are truly blessed (regardless of all the putrid venom that is spewed at us). Ignore those that will try to take this away from you, embrace the attacks, because jealousy breeds contempt.

I am flattered.

By the way, you are 100% correct. We live in a changing world, a mean world. The only thing you can do is not become part of that "crowd". Rise above it and be proud, even if you do lose.

If I can, I would like to share a story with you. I used to go out to a site called indystar.com. I have never heard such mean and nasty people. It was shocking to me, and I choose never to go back. There were a few people that were REALLY bad. So one day I went back and read something from one of those NASTY people. It kind of changed my mind about paying any attention to the kind of people that write or say these things.

Here is the quote: (yes I actually saved it to remind myself not to be upset by these people, I actually now feel sorry for them.

Well I'll repeat myself again. While the rest of you get to work your 9-5's I get to work at night. So during the day I have more than enough free time. The only time I'm hardly online is during the weekend and that's because it's the only time I get to have a life. What does it matter anyway? Who is anyone here to question what I do? You guys know nothing about me and nothing about the things I do. It's just rude to call someone out for no reason at all. All my friends are at work, as is my family, my ex boyfriend blew his head off a few years back, so you can understand why I might be single, I live out in the middle of nowhere. I don't like to gossip on the phone all day, and vegetating in front of the TV is definitely less stimulating. So instead I get on this MB to talk about a sport I love. I hate getting real personal with people but the fact that I post on this message board to keep myself busy during the day is a good thing, believe me. God, you act like I just sit here in front of my computer all day long and write long drawn out novels like this one. Screw this, I'm gone. I would never call someone out like this for something so stupid.

The fact that so many fans of other teams are quite so miserable about the whole thing makes it even sweeter.

one thing ive come to realize is that the patriots could win all 3 playoff games 38-0 and people will still find something to detract from what we've done. thats why i simply dont care anymore, just enjoy what this team's done amongst yourself and your fellow pats fans cuz NO TEAM has ever been able to do it. people say what they want but deep inside they know whats up thats all that matters.

I don't think it is as bad as it seems. There's alot of people out there that wanted to see a perfect season just to see it. And I don't think they cared who it was as long as they could witness it. Sure they wish it was their own team but I think alot of fans enjoyed it regardless.

Look at it this way, if the Colts just successfully completed a 16-0 season I'm sure there would be some gracious Pats fans that were happy to see it happen and congradulate them. But there would also be a large fan base that would downplay their accomplishments and not give them the credit they deserve. There weren't too many fans here who were ready to crown Peyton the TD king in 04. And because of his massacre at the hands of the Pat's, most would say "see you have the record but we have the rings." We need to go 19-0 to avoid those exact sentiments.

Jealousy and contempt exists in all fanbases.

Exactly. I now embrace the venom, the hate, and the twisted logic they spew against the team and fans. It's become their only weapon of late....:)

Knowing this was coming, I've come to the point that I laugh at most things as I paruse other teams forums. I stirred the pot on indystar just for fun.

What this team has done for this regular season is unprecidented. I consider myself lucky to be apart of this teams fanship.

It would be no different if Indy were 16-0. Fans here would hate them. Many fans have no respect for the game whatsoever. They are homers, and any achievements of others are to be hated. It is pathetic, but it is what it is.

Might I note that all records were lame and useless until this year. Stats meant nothing. I'm sure that had nothing to do with fact that these stats and records were held by Manning, Marino and the fins (and Favre). All of a sudden stats matter. Of course, that is only certain stats. Winning 12 games in consecutive season is a useless stat. Of course, it is not a patriot stat.

There are many fans of many teams that congratulate the patriots. Some have come to this board to do so. Me, I celebrate the quality of NFL play and the incredible performances by players who wear other uniforms. I know thare are many Red Sox fans who hate Manning and Favre. It is what it is.

We are blessed to live in a decade where we can see three of the top quarterbacks of all time break old records, and each others.

And yes, we lived to see the patriots join the three other elite teams who finished the regular season undefeated. Many think this is worthless, including many patriot fans.

It would be no different if Indy were 16-0. Fans here would hate them. Many fans have no respect for the game whatsoever. They are homers, and any achievements of others are to be hated. It is pathetic, but it is what it is.

I disagree with you. There are teams that I always dislike (not hate - so stupid) regardless of their record. And there are some teams I like -- again regardless of their record.

During any SB, I always root for the AFC team. And that includes the Colts.

Saying that everyone hates any team that is 16-0 is off the wall and flat out wrong.

I apologize if I wasn't clear. As I said, MANY fans here have no respect for the game whatever. MANY are strictly homers. I have absolutely no doubt that if it were the colts playing the giants, many posters here would have been rooting for the gaints, and make posts the next day that the achievement didn't matter.

I certainly didn't say, or mean to say, that all fans here are homers, or even that all fans here didn't appreciate the acheivements of others. I too am an AFC fan. I have my favorite teams and the team I hate. The teams I hate are sometimes the same as many here (Miami) and sometimes different (Titans and SD). Since I am an AFC fan, I respect the colts and pittsburgh, our rivals and fellow flag bearers for the AFC.

I disagree with you. There are teams that I always dislike (not hate - so stupid) regardless of their record. And there are some teams I like -- again regardless of their record.

During any SB, I always root for the AFC team. And that includes the Colts.

Saying that everyone hates any team that is 16-0 is off the wall and flat out wrong.

I apologize if I wasn't clear. As I said, MANY fans here have no respect for the game whatever. MANY are strictly homers. I have absolutely no doubt that if it were the colts playing the giants, many posters here would have been rooting for the gaints, and make posts the next day that the achievement didn't matter.

I certainly didn't say, or mean to say, that all fans here are homers, or even that all fans here didn't appreciate the acheivements of others. I too am an AFC fan. I have my favorite teams and the team I hate. The teams I hate are sometimes the same as many here (Miami) and sometimes different (Titans and SD). Since I am an AFC fan, I respect the colts and pittsburgh, our rivals and fellow flag bearers for the AFC.

If you would say SOME instead of MANY then I would agree with you.

Many of the best football fans I know never go out to a football message board. Yes, they love the Pats, but they are not haters, and appreciate other teams.

I am beginning to rethink even my own coming to message boards. Last night, watching the game I had no interest. I did this morning, and some part of me wish I had not.

Bottom line, very few Patriot fans actually ever see a message board. And for some reason I really cannot explain, there are some that choose these boards to make statements they would never make to a person's face.

I always try to say what I would say to another person.

But, I do love the Pats. For so many years, I remember the really bad years. Sat in the stands 1-15, 2-14, I still loved my team. I only cared about that and didn't feel the need to "hate" another team.

But again, there is plenty of hate in this world. Football is not a place for hate. It is a game. Enjoy it, win or lose. Be lucky we have a team. In our case a team that will be remembered for a long time as one of the best. I really do not have room beyond that to make negative statements.

You've said it well, mavfan. And may I add, many true football fans, even those from other teams, really do appreciate what the Pats have become. I think its better to follow the lead of our QB and ignore the battles (of the ignorant/uninformed) there's just too many of them!

Here in Dallas it seems that people are split. I've talked with some who think that the Patriots are the greatest team they've ever seen (and still hate them) and other who think that the Patriots are cheaters/lucky/classless/whatever.

But who cares what they think, right? I'm just thrilled that I got to witness an undefeated regular season in my lifetime and it just happened to be my favorite team!

:)

hell im a packer fan this spy gate is real stupid,them other teams have just plan stunk,all you clowns that think the pats cheated is bull,the pats have a great coach period,they have a great team,i seen history being made lastnight,im happy for you guys,IT REALLY DOES NOT MATTER WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK YOU GUYS ARE NUMBER 1

Not for nothing, but if you're seeing all this contempt, I think to some extent you're looking for it. Talk to friends and family, read the stuff online that you like to read, come here, etc. etc.--I'm not seeing all this contempt. If you go visit other teams' message boards, you're just looking for angst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back