PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JD Drew to the Sox?

Stokes

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Just wanted to get people's opinions on the possibility of the Sox signing JD Drew. 2 years, 30 million was the latest rumor I have heard. Just seems to me like this is waaay too much money for a guy who's numbers aren't much better than Trot's, gets injured too often, and, judging by complaints out of LA that he doesn't care, would not be a good fit in the Boston pressure cooker. Thoughts?

His numbers are a lot better than Trot's. Doesn't mean he's worth $15m, but if it's for only 2 seasons, I say go for it. He's also excellent defensively, which is something the Sox desperately need.

Not worth even close to that amount of money.
The guy gets hurt too often, and some question his heart and competitiveness.

No thanks!

Hes still somewhat of an injury risk, but the only major injury hes had the past 3 years was the result of getting drilled on the wrist with a fastball causing him to miss a lot of time in 2005. Hes still had a lot of little nagging injuries in that time, but none of them really caused him to miss more than a few days at a time.

I like him, but not if the newest rumors about the contract he may be getting (5/$75 or 4/$56) are true.

some of the dodgers called him nancy drew .hes got a rep for being a quiter and a baby .boston is going to eat him alive .i have no clue what theo is doing with this team i hate this signing .:confused:

I think that his reputation for being a quitter comes from the fact that he doesn't like to play with naggling injuries because when he did several years ago it caused him to miss a lot of time. The past three years he hasn't played with the little injuries and it casues him to remain healthier, which I don't think is a bad thing.

And if he being called Nancy Drew didn't effect his production in LA, why would it effect it here?

I think that his reputation for being a quitter comes from the fact that he doesn't like to play with naggling injuries because when he did several years ago it caused him to miss a lot of time. The past three years he hasn't played with the little injuries and it casues him to remain healthier, which I don't think is a bad thing.

And if he being called Nancy Drew didn't effect his production in LA, why would it effect it here?
i dont want a guy on my team that cant play thru minor injuries thats a bad thing .i would rather have a guy like damon that you had to drag out of the line up everyday .if players on your own team are calling him nacy drew that indicates a problem .playing in boston is totally different than playing in la la land .if he turns out to be the p ussy that most baseball people think he is boston fans and the media will eat him alive .

Last edited:
Damon usually misses about 15-20 games a season sitting out with the minor injuries. A lot of players do. When Drew was younger he played through these injuries which caused them to get worse and forced him onto the DL. Since 2003 the only injury that caused him to miss more than a handful of games was an injury that any player would have sustained.

Damon usually misses about 15-20 games a season sitting out with the minor injuries. A lot of players do. When Drew was younger he played through these injuries which caused them to get worse and forced him onto the DL. Since 2003 the only injury that caused him to miss more than a handful of games was an injury that any player would have sustained.
damons. injury history isnt even close to nancy drews not even close .nancy drew is on the dl all the time .its a fact .hes been on four different teams in five years for a reason .bill james cant measure a players heart .

I guess your right if you call crashing head first into the outfield wall a minor injury. Tell me, how many games was he out? Remember his head-on collision with the second baseman a few years back? You should re-play it and then look at your foolish post. Oh yea, I think he missed a game as he had a concussion.

damons. injury history isnt even close to nancy drews not even close .nancy drew is on the dl all the time .its a fact .hes been on four different teams in five years for a reason .bill james cant measure a players heart .
Drew was on the DL all the time. But the past 3 seasons hes been on it once. Is it impossible to believe that someone can stop being injury prone?

I guess your right if you call crashing head first into the outfield wall a minor injury. Tell me, how many games was he out? Remember his head-on collision with the second baseman a few years back? You should re-play it and then look at your foolish post. Oh yea, I think he missed a game as he had a concussion.
How is my post foolish? Damon, and a lot of other players, sit out now and them when they have an injury. Thats the truth.

And yes, a laceration to the face is a minor injury. And players usually don't miss much time after suffering a Grade 2 Concussion.

Drew was on the DL all the time. But the past 3 seasons hes been on it once. Is it impossible to believe that someone can stop being injury prone?

How is my post foolish? Damon, and a lot of other players, sit out now and them when they have an injury. Thats the truth.

And yes, a laceration to the face is a minor injury. And players usually don't miss much time after suffering a Grade 2 Concussion.
I sure hope you come back and post during the baseball season. Basically, your comparing Johnny Damon's dirt dog behavior to Nancy Drew's. Good luck with that one.

I sure hope you come back and post during the baseball season. Basically, your comparing Johnny Damon's dirt dog behavior to Nancy Drew's. Good luck with that one.
Exactly which of Drews behaviors are you referring to? The ones that are so appalling to have compared to Damons?

Last edited:
if you need that explained to you then its really not worth it .:rolleyes:

Or is it that there really aren't any terrible behaviors that Drew has?

Seriously, what does Drew do that makes everyone so pissed off about having him in Boston? I don't want him to sign because I don't think hes worth $14M a season, but I have no reason to expect that he'd be a bad player that wouldn't perform well.

Everyone seems to love calling him Nancy Drew, but since being called that in LA didn't phase him why would it get to him here? What evidence is there that he can't handle the pressure and won't be able to perform in Boston? What evidence is there that he has ever quit on his team?

Seriously, what does Drew do that makes everyone so pissed off about having him in Boston? I don't want him to sign because I don't think hes worth $14M a season, but I have no reason to expect that he'd be a bad player that wouldn't perform well.

Everyone seems to love calling him Nancy Drew, but since being called that in LA didn't phase him why would it get to him here? What evidence is there that he can't handle the pressure and won't be able to perform in Boston? What evidence is there that he has ever quit on his team?

Evidently, your his number one fan, or president of his fan club. I googled his name and fans from every team which were rumored to sign him were going balistic. There were a few defending him, but it wasn't even close. What is truly amazing tho, is you want to compare his attitude and playing hurt to Johnny Damon! I think that puts you in a league by yourself.

the question you need to ask yourself is why they call him nancy drew and why hes been on four different teams in five years .hes the anti dirt dog .

Evidently, your his number one fan, or president of his fan club. I googled his name and fans from every team which were rumored to sign him were going balistic. There were a few defending him, but it wasn't even close. What is truly amazing tho, is you want to compare his attitude and playing hurt to Johnny Damon! I think that puts you in a league by yourself.
Where did I say I was a fan of him? I like the guy as a player, but I don't want him on the team. I've said that several times.

Also, where did I compare his attitude to Damons? I just said that both of them (along with most other players in baseball) sit out games when they have minor injuries. What about that statement is incorrect?

the question you need to ask yourself is why they call him nancy drew and why hes been on four different teams in five years .hes the anti dirt dog .
I have no idea why the call him that, do you? A lot of players in the Sox clubhouse don't want Manny around anymore and think hes a pain, does that take away from the fact that hes a good player?

if you have no idea why they call drew nancy drew you should find out but i think you know why but it doesnt support your argument and it would get in the way of your favorite past time being a devils advocate .:rolleyes:

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back