PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JD Drew already in mid season form.

It's actually not new, interestingly enough. Apparently this has been a problem for him in the past, but a problem that doesn't last that long. Unless he gets scurvy or something in the next few hours I expect he'll play on Saturday.

Unless he gets scurvy or something in the next few hours I expect he'll play on Saturday.

I hope JD doesn't read this forum.. It might be a new excuse to miss another game.. :eek:

The way he began the season, like a house on fire, I thought this was gonna be his best year, ever. I shoulda known better.

The way he began the season, like a house on fire, I thought this was gonna be his best year, ever. I shoulda known better.

Maybe not.. JD has been absolutely on fire the last week or two.. As one of his detractors, I have to give it up for the guy when he's playing well, and he's been great lately..:rocker:

Drew has been a BEAST sine Ortiz went down. :rocker:

Drew has been solid all year, but some people just will not get off his arse.

Drew has been solid all year, but some people just will not get off his arse.

Because a lot of people already made up their minds regarding Drew when he signed with the team. He was (and still is) fighting an uphill battle regardless of what he does well.

"Drew has been solid all year, but some people just will not get off his arse."

Nope, some people no matter what he does are going to be all over him. Like it's HIS fault the Red Sox threw a Brinks truck full of money at him.

He's got a sweet swing, plays very good defense, looks effortless out there and is a natural, yet he still gets dumped on.

Give the guy a break.

I hate constantly seeing this topic.

Maybe I shouldn't have written this response.

Drew's been a man amongst boys for a month or so now. I'll give him props since I said he isn't worth his deal. I'd like to see where he ends up though. Can he do this for a whole season? Maybe.

I think we have our answer... Two words- 'china doll'...:mad:

"Fragile: Please handle with care"
pMLB2-4601164reg.jpg

So, with 10 games left in the season, the $70 million doll, ahem, I mean man, has played in a whopping 107 games to date. Amazingly enough, he's lived up to expectations. His average season over his career, not counting his cup of coffee year (14 games in 1998), is 119 games/.284/19HR/62RBI. His numbers this season, with 10 games to go:

107 games/.280/19HR/64RBI

If he's anything, he's consistent! :D

It's February 15, and guess who's back is still stiff? And he hasn't even played a friggin' spring training game.. Buckle up, kids...:rolleyes:

And he hit a grand slam in the 2007 ALCS and hit two rockets off of Tampa Bay pitching in game 5 of the 2008 ALCS.

He covers alot of ground in the outfield, has a very good arm and has a sweet swing, so there you go.

He said if he had to he could play today no problem, he just needs to get back with the medical staff and get some good stretching going and he'll be fine

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back