PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jay Glazer says NFL has zeroed in on locker room attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NFL cares about public perception. That's why they only reacted in the Ray Rice case after the 2nd video became public. Most of the country thinks the Patriots are cheaters and don't care whether it's true or not. I think Goodell could and might impose a fine based on the wording of the rule. The Patriots balls were under inflated even if it was unintentional.

They were under-inflated after having been outside in the rain. Not a violation.

These are the only balls they ever tested though. Lots of balls might be underinflated if they were tested.

They were under-inflated after having been outside in the rain. Not a violation.
well the rule's not clear on that. It just says there's a fine if the balls are under inflated. I'm just saying I think the NFL would use that to impose the fine and the Pats should fight it based on the fact that any ball that was used in the cold and was 12.5 psi was probably under inflated but no one would know because they never checked mid-game.

JayGlazer
@JayGlazer

Breaking news: sources tell @FOXSports the NFL has zeroed in on a locker room attendant w Patriots who allegedly took balls from officials locker room to another area on way to field. Sources say they have interviewed him and additionally have video. Still gauging if any wrong doing occurred with him but he is strong person of interest
2015-01-26

Other area is a bathroom lol
I wonder how he feels about his source. He looks like a clown now, because he let the league (guess) use him to push a story. Had he known the "other room" was a bathroom, and the time was 90 seconds I bet he wouldn't have spun it like that.

I wonder how he feels about his source. He looks like a clown now, because he let the league (guess) use him to push a story. Had he known the "other room" was a bathroom, and the time was 90 seconds I bet he wouldn't have spun it like that.

Byu Exactly but this is a day in'da life of a Mediot. Schefter his girlfriend Mortensen Glazer Breer they all want to be first to report 'Breaking News' goin on here say and those who have Axes to grind will get'cha every time.

I wonder if the Pats set him up like a bowling pin with the first leak and knocked him down an hour later?

More grist for the pissed off Pats fans' mill...just heard on whatever national network does overnights on 98.5...I think its fox sports radio...anyway in their update they mentioned the "person of interest" and that he took the balls to a "secret" location...then they bury the lead and say they were brought to the bathroom...but no mention of Florio's 90 second report...Florio reported the bathroom and the 90 seconds...love how the media leaves out important info that could tilt things the pats way...this fiasco will be a journalism 101 class topic in 5 years - how NOT to use social media to report a sports news story...

So which NFL employee 'Zeroed In' on Attendant takin a leak and was it his balls that were deflated afterwards and not footballs or did Attendent wash his hands after 'cause if he may or may not that might alter pressure of Footballs too from water.
OH NO another Leak!

Who is this guy? How long has he been there? Does he work for the pats or the nfl? Is he working in the pats locker room on a daily basis? Does Brady even know this guy?

Dale Arnold made the most sense. Can't believe I said that...start of the game was delayed 10'...the kid went into another room for a reported 10' after ref gave the balls before start of game...perfectly logical explanation...sorry if posted already....
The game was delayed because the NFCCG WENT INTO OVERTIME!

facepalm.jpg

So their big suspect, went into a bathroom with all 24 balls for 90 seconds, hmm, I wonder what he did in there? I'm sure he drained something while in the bathroom, but I highly doubt it was a ball!

This whole thing gets fishier and fishier, everytime the Pats stick a fork in this bogus story, another leak happens! Goodell must be fired after this witch hunt!

Who is this guy? How long has he been there? Does he work for the pats or the nfl? Is he working in the pats locker room on a daily basis? Does Brady even know this guy?
You have a job where you won't be able to take a bathroom break for 2 hours. Doesn't it make sense to use the facilities beforehand to avoid distress? And if you are entrusted with the responsibility of the balls, what is going to get you in more trouble,taking them in the bathroom or leaving them unattended?

You have a job where you won't be able to take a bathroom break for 2 hours. Doesn't it make sense to use the facilities beforehand to avoid distress? And if you are entrusted with the responsibility of the balls, what is going to get you in more trouble,taking them in the bathroom or leaving them unattended?
I will bet that this was his routine....

OK.
Let me get this straight...and, trolls, correct me where I'm wrong.
1) The guy goes into a bathroom.
2) He's there for 90 seconds.
3) We're expected to believe that he deflated 11 balls two psi per ball in that time.
4) That's 8.18 seconds per ball for him to:
a) take all the balls out of the box or bag and presumably set them on a flat surface of some sort (a task that alone would take around 30 seconds)
b) insert a needle in one ball
c) precisely time the seconds necessary to deflate the ball two psi
d) remove the needle
e) put the ball down
f) pick up the next ball
g) repeat 10 times
h) put all the balls back in the box or bag (another 30 seconds)
i) leave the room.
5) Does that remind anyone else of Lucille Ball working the assembly line at the chocolate factory?

Sorry guys, I’ve not seen any of the recent reports, but can someone please clarify if this “90 seconds” is confirmed with evidence and do we know for sure it was a bathroom? Or is this just speculation? Thank you.

Sorry guys, I’ve not seen any of the recent reports, but can someone please clarify if this “90 seconds” is confirmed with evidence and do we know for sure it was a bathroom? Or is this just speculation? Thank you.
Why do you need that? That report has much credibility as glazer s report

It's all on the Gillette Stadium surveillance video the New England Patriots provided to the Three Stooges at the NFL investigation. Robert Goodell was heard saying, "Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk, we've got 'em now!"

If you're going to mess with the balls in a closed room, would you do it faster than humanly possible or would you take as long as you need to get the job done?

Imagine if he actually needed to drop a deuce?

The DeflateGate leaks have been very troubling. The investigation is supposed to be confidential and unbiased, but these anti-Patriots leaks keep occurring. Why does the league want the Patriots to be guilty, so badly? We hear that the Colts LB was the one who noticed the deflated ball, and then he comes out and says he didn't notice a thing. Then we hear Harbaugh and the Ravens noticed in their game, and Harbaugh comes out and say they didn't notice anything. Then, it is leaked that the attendant took the balls to a room, and now it seems as though it was the bathroom FOR 90 SECONDS! This has been the most unfair thing I have ever seen. The fact that the team has to spend so much time on this when they should be preparing for the Super Bowl, is a huge travesty!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down