Jay Glazer calls Brady MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooseKnuckles

On the Roster
Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6133466?FSO1&ATT=HCP&GT1=8807

MVP: Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.

OK, let's get this straight, in the last two years he's lost his offensive guru Charlie Weis, his top two receivers and multiple offensive linemen and the entire world has a big ol' red X zeroed in on his chest. Yet, the man is unflappable. Brady clearly doesn't have the weapons that Indy's Peyton Manning has, or the stability for that matter. Donovan McNabb would be a candidate here as well if his team had a better record. The Bears' Brian Urlacher should also get some votes here.

It's too early for that talk, I still remember when in 1999 Drew Bledsoe was the half way point MVP. The rest of the season was the worst I have ever seen a QB been dreadful. I know that Brady is different but look how McNabb has cooled off after that fast start. I do hope that he is finally MVP of the season when it is done though.

In Foxboro we'd have got do a monument to Brady,I think.

They mentioned mid season NFL MVP's on the NFL Network yesterday and much to my surprise, 2 on the panel said Brady due to losing his 2 WR's and also losing the clutch kicker of all time and have the Team 6-1 at week 9 is amazing!

Pats Fanatic said:
It's too early for that talk, I still remember when in 1999 Drew Bledsoe was the half way point MVP. The rest of the season was the worst I have ever seen a QB been dreadful. I know that Brady is different but look how McNabb has cooled off after that fast start. I do hope that he is finally MVP of the season when it is done though.
As I read it, Glazer was handing out first half awards, so Tommy is his MVP for weeks 1-8, not a bad accolade given the Pats' progress since preseason...this is the one I liked:

WORST RUMOR OF THE YEAR: Randy Moss to the Pats.
Did this story take on a life of its own or what? The Patriots never once discussed such a move, never once even discussed Moss' name. Still, many publications, TV shows and radio shows worked that angle like it was close to coming to fruition.
One last sharp stick to the eye of the monkey spankers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes