PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jay Glazer article

Status
Not open for further replies.
an article about 2nd place....oh well....

2008... The Year of the Patriots.

Of the Fins...

They are so bad it's like they did something bad in a previous life and are being punished for it now.

It's all those schadenfreude champagne celebrations year after year, Jay. Karma's a beeyoch.

Glazer's article is pretty disrespectful to the Pats.... He says they're going to lose in the 2008 season!

That is the ultimate payment of respect.

Did you notice that he got to say what he needed to say about the Pats anyway? I'm glad he mentioned Vrabel because that guy deserves some notice.

Anyway, yes, it does get boring to go over the same thing week after week, even if it's a theme that I love (dominant wins.) It's got to be hard to keep the material fresh and alive, and saying, "Tom Brady is the best QB in the league" is not exactly fresh or alive. It might be right after he throws his 50th td pass but right now there are other teams in the league that need their time in the sun too.

Bob Sanders for defensive POY? hahahahaha, what an idiot. He's not even the best safety out there.

People keep posting the link to snopes, but I have heard several interviews with former Dolphin players (I think there was one on WEEI just yesterday)who said that a few do get together to toast.
They all used to talk about it. It was only when they started getting grief about it that they denied it and toned back the celebrations.

They still do it, they just don't make a big deal about it.

And personally, I don't see the big deal. Everybody these days is soooooo concerned with being politically correct and touchy feel, it's sickening.

You don't like them celbrating? Win all your own damn games and stop them.

All people can talk about now is ragged sweatshirts, and handshakes, and disrespecting some player's dance, and who know what else. Now the Fins troll is crying about a player talking smack to another player. My God! The horror of it. Talking smack on the field. Eject him!

Football is won in the trenches by the team that most gets in the face of the other team. All this other stuff is junk

.... our obligatory midseason awards.

In my version, however, there will be a twist. No Patriots! They aren't allowed in this column.
.... If we include the Patriots in this column it will be nothing more than another New England piece. Heck people, I just wrote on Sunday that we can put a check in the win column for the rest of the year. There is no question in my mind that Brady and Co. go undefeated. I honestly do not believe they lose a game until 2008. The only question I have is where the 2007 Patriots team ranks on the all-time list.

They make a normal midseason awards column boring, even cliche. Brady, MVP. Belichick, Coach of the Year. Moss, Comeback Player of the Year. Vrabel, all-everything award. Blah, blah, blah ... BORING!

So in an effort to let the rest of the league in on the fun, I'm afraid we're going to have to give the Pats a bye in this one.

- edited excerpts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back