PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jax getting more dangerous?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumby

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Leftwich is getting ? healthier?; with a slim chance of returning to play versus Pats in possible playoff matchup. Meanwhile Garrard is getting valuable gametime experience and getting better too.

Without putting too much weight on their underperformance last week; are the Jags truly such a weak playoff team? They were within a couple of plays of beating Colts in both their games even with Garrard playing in the 2nd. If Leftwich comes back; are they even more dangerous?

I think a lot of us on the board have taken it for granted Pats will walk over the Jags; and I am thinking it will be a more typical Pats close run game where the pats either pull away in the 4th quarter or dominant throughout the game; but not on the scoreboard. ( :) still thinking Pats win; but think I will be on edge of my seat the whole game.)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2269232

In the three games with Garrard as the starter, Jacksonville has averaged 16.0 points and 299.0 yards. Under the direction of Leftwich, the team's first-round choice in the 2003 draft, the Jaguars averaged 21.4 points and 315.4 yards. Jacksonville has not scored more than 20 points in any of its last three outings.

Any team can win in any given week in the NFL. On a given Sunday, we could be beaten by the jets or miami.

Having said that, IMHO, JAX is by far the weakest of the eight teams competing for AFC playoff spots, and the team I would most like to face. There will be two weaker teams watching on TV.

In their last game they beat the 49ers by 1 point in Jacksonville. That's all I need to know.

BelichickFan said:
In their last game they beat the 49ers by 1 point in Jacksonville. That's all I need to know.

but remember, the dolphins beat the chargers, and the chargers beat the colts...
maybe Jacksonville had a tough game?
I dunno, im not worried about them :)

Pariots getting more Dangerous for sure ... no question mark here.

fleabassist1 said:
but remember, the dolphins beat the chargers, and the chargers beat the colts...
maybe Jacksonville had a tough game?
I dunno, im not worried about them :)
I agree that my response was too simplistic but I can't get worried about them. They have a strong run game and a questionable QB. That plays right into our hands. They have a strong DL but a vulnerable secondary. That plays right into our hands. A team from Florida playing in New England in January ? That plays right into our hands.

Jacksonville is a damn physical team. They bullied the colts for 3 Quarters the first time they played.

I still expect to beat Jacksonville and would rather play them than anyone else, but I don't expect that game to be a blowout of Tampa Bay proportions... Jack Del Rio is in the Jeff Fisher mold where he wants to be physical and keep the game close and win it in the 4th. Luckily we're too smart of a team to commit the turnovers that allows weaker teams to win.

And look out for my hero, Ernest Wilford ! (Go Hokies)

Uhhhh

Pats/Hokies Fan said:
Jacksonville is a damn physical team. They bullied the colts for 3 Quarters the first time they played.

I still expect to beat Jacksonville and would rather play them than anyone else, but I don't expect that game to be a blowout of Tampa Bay proportions... Jack Del Rio is in the Jeff Fisher mold where he wants to be physical and keep the game close and win it in the 4th. Luckily we're too smart of a team to commit the turnovers that allows weaker teams to win.

And look out for my hero, Ernest Wilford ! (Go Hokies)

Uhhh --- i can't stand the hokies. Prob has a lot to do with all their bandwagon fans. I am not saying you are one but living down here is unbearable when they actually win an important game!

JAX has a good run D, that I know for sure. Their O on the other hand...

Jax and any team that can make the playoffs in the AFC is a good team and should and will not be overlooked. The Pats SHOULD win the game, but as they say, "thats why the play the games"

alot of the so called "experts" say jacksonville plays down to their opponents.. i can kinda see their point..

if we play good solid d against them i dont see them being able to generate enough offense to beat us.. or its a shootout, id bet on us 100% of the time..

It's a playoff game, so expecting it to be easy is wishful thinking.

What we can expect is that our offense is led by a decent QB, they've played against some of the more challenging defenses in the league this year, and our defense is very unfriendly to young, inexperienced QBs when they are clicking. Jax has a young second string QB who if pressured is going to try and beat us with his feet. If Leftwhich comes back he isn't much more experienced. Where we are vulnerable is our young O-line, but Dante should be able to make the adjustments the same way he did against Tampa. Of course, Jax playing in Foxboro in January may also feel 'chilled' by the atmosphere....

All that said, the final playoff teams haven't been settled, so let's not count our Jaguars before they are hatched.

Stupid thread.

Halfway through the 3rd Q and the Jags are losing to the Texans 13-10.

There are alot more dangerous potential 5th seeds out there.

R

njpatsfan said:
Stupid thread.

R

Personally, I am real happy to have the Jags in the playoffs. What a crappy team. The Bolts or the Chiefs scare me a lot more then these clowns.

njpatsfan said:
Stupid thread.

R

How did Jax manage to get SF and Houston back to back weeks? SF just went into second place in the Reggie Bush bowl.

Gumby said:
Leftwich is getting ? healthier?; with a slim chance of returning to play versus Pats in possible playoff matchup. Meanwhile Garrard is getting valuable gametime experience and getting better too.

Without putting too much weight on their underperformance last week; are the Jags truly such a weak playoff team? They were within a couple of plays of beating Colts in both their games even with Garrard playing in the 2nd. If Leftwich comes back; are they even more dangerous?

I think a lot of us on the board have taken it for granted Pats will walk over the Jags; and I am thinking it will be a more typical Pats close run game where the pats either pull away in the 4th quarter or dominant throughout the game; but not on the scoreboard. ( :) still thinking Pats win; but think I will be on edge of my seat the whole game.)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2269232

Garrard had a big day against the Texans. And he is gaining experience. That said, Garrard is what he is. He wasn't a high pick and he still only has a handful of starts for experience. Think Simms from the Bucs but lesser talent and a whole lot less experience. What do you think a BB Defense would do with that?

As for Leftwich, the injury is a 4-8 week thing. And the 6th week will be the Jax/Pats playoff. He might return for that game, but its doubtful and if he does he will be rusty. He certainly won't have a game next week to tuneup. I'd almost welcome Leftwich in those circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back