Jaws: On "stopping" Brady and the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
He makes some good points:

. . . . We're just so used to this Patriots team blowing teams out that because this was a close game, pundits are saying the Eagles found the way to stop the Patriots when they actually didn't.

If the new definition of stopping Tom Brady is to limit him to 380 passing yards and one touchdown, then he should just be given the MVP trophy every year from now until he retires because those are Canton numbers.

The rest is Insider only. :(

Excellent point. They said the same thing aobut the Colts. This blueprint crap is just that, crap.

Also, wasn't one Moss TD called back for an really crappy PI penalty? I don't believe we converted the FG either. So the victory margin should have been more like 10 points, not 3.

Last edited:
Also, wasn't one Moss TD called back for an really crappy PI penalty? I don't believe we converted the FG either. So the victory margin should have been more like 10 points, not 3.

well..we got that chance because of an eagles offside on a 4th and 3 punt . So it can go both ways.

A Blueprint?

Isn't stopping the PATs Offense have more to do with having an offense
that can stay on the field against PATs defense than stopping PATs
offense when they are on the field.

In the Eagles game PATs defense had a real bad day. Their 3rd down D
was the worst I can remember this year. That kept Eagles Offense on
the field and Brady and Receivers on the sidelines.

It will be a blowout for the PATs any time a team can not get two or
more 1st downs on most of their drives. IMO

I wonder if BB is scratching his head. He plans to limit the best thing a team
does on defense. In Eagles case it was their running game. He was successful at that but it was still a close game. Guess you can't plan on
some offense players having an exceptional day. Eagles pass and catch
performance was outstanding.

The problems in the defense in the Eagles game during third downs was that the pass rush was not getting to Feeley, in part because of holding at the line of scrimmage, and in part because we didn't get the job done; AND a coaching scheme that was taking away the big play in the secondary but leaving the middle of the field unattended.

That is a recipe for third down conversions, especially when the officials look the other way.

On offense, the WRs had a bad day as a group (except Welker). I would hate to think that they were intimidated into dropping passes, but who knows.

If Moss made one big catch and the officials didn't rob him, we would have another 14 points on the board, IMO. Not a terrible offensive showing against a motivated team.

Our defense is much more likely to have been exposed than our offense. Hopefully Adalius gets to take over outside linebacker and does us proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back