Welcome to PatsFans.com

Jaws on Pats

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SVN, Nov 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +205 / 3 / -0

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

2. SamBam39

SamBam39 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I think randy has a tendency to get his spirit down when he's being shutdown. I just think that's his nature. BB will probably talk to him about it and how to think when that happens in the future.

sometimes, pats just have to exploit teams elsewhere. no biggie.

good analysis by jaws

3. ALP

ALP Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +48 / 2 / -0

so Moss got tired of winning?

maybe BB should make things interesting for him...if he really is staring to get slow, im sure BB will fix it, even Brady will fix it

4. BostonBullit

BostonBullit On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

just after the game I e-mailed a buddy and said "great, now we can look forward to a week of talk about the blueprint for beating the pats that the iggles gave everyone and how moss is going to turn into a cancer now that he had a game where he was taken nearly completely out of the action". took till midweek but both predictions have come true. go me.

5. ClevTrev

ClevTrev Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Jaws is usually one of the more measured and sane media members in regards to game analysis. In the midst of the media frenzy over the Patriots, a breath of fresh air.

Regarding the comments on Moss, he's the other shoe to drop according to the media "wish lists." I wouldn't read too much into this, as again, no one is aware of the circumstances surrounding his performance and what the team asked him to do. Let's stay rational with this guy, as he's never shown an unwillingness to be anything other than a good teammate this season. If he can be an effective decoy when he's not at the top of the QB's progressions, then he's doing fine.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  6. Pats Fanatic

Pats Fanatic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -3

#54 Jersey

I like Jaws, you may not like what he says but he backs it up with what he sees from the tape not from what he hopes is there. Too bad ESPN does have more like him.

7. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +205 / 3 / -0

i think jaws might show some of moss's play in this week's NFL matchup show

8. Disco Volante

Disco Volante Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I like Jaws, always look so happy and enthusiastic.

And doesn’t’ have a personal vendetta against the Pats.

9. Xzibit23

Xzibit23 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Regarding the Moss comment, its possible he was just getting a little tired and was trying to pick and choose where to conserve his energy. People forget he's in almost every snap, waaaaaaay more than Stallworth and Welker. Plus, he was getting doubleteamed and was consistently held and rouged up, thats taxing on your body.

I think because of his "takes plays off" rep, people are gonna try to make assumptions that he was not giving it his best effort.

10. pats-blue

pats-blue Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Maybe it is just me...but did it appear to anyone else that the entire Patriot team did not really have the "fire"????

I am not saying they were completely flat, but I did not see or is it sense because I am reaching that I did not see the same intensity in almost all the players....?

Not taking anything away fro the eggles....maybe the good play they brought to the game was what I was seeing and stretched it to the Pats "intensity" but I didn't think so. Did anybody see the same thing as me or was I too many rum and cokes into the game?

11. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +165 / 3 / -1

time to take a deep breath and not blow this out of proportion since it's just the sort of thing the "Moss will be trouble" people were saying in August.

12. unoriginal

unoriginal In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +231 / 3 / -1

source:http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/11/offensive_parti_15.html

13. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +205 / 3 / -0

expect ESPN and sportscenter to run with it. it helps them that the game is on ESPN

14. SBPatsFan

SBPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think it was in the 4th qtr of the game but there was a play I remember where Brady over threw Moss in end zone (pass went out of bounds in the back on end zone). The defender on the play slid into the barriers at the back of the end zone. Moss jogged over and gave him a hand up. It sure did not look like the actions of someone who was frustrated to me. No mention of it by the announcers though since it did not mesh with their ongoing story of how frustrated Moss was by the defense. Nor has it received any mention since the game that I have seen since.

15. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

Find me one professional team that doesn't bring more intensity to some games than others.

*They had already clinched a playoff spot earlier that day when the Bills lost.
    *The week before looked like the varsity team playing the freshman.
    *And they were going into the game with the largest point spread in history.

I don't care how great a motivator BB is and how professional the Pats are....

They are not going to be able to bring to every game the intensity that they had against the Colts.

16. Tip_Drill_81

Tip_Drill_81 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Moss did look like he was playing uninspired football.
    i'm pretty sure philly taking the deep ball away, and roughing him up had something to do with it.
    but when he was making catches, he just seemed like he didn't want to run after the catch.

i'm not gonna say the effort wasn't there, b/c i don't know what was going on in his head, or exactly what the philly D was doing to him.
    But, he looked a little disinterested in the game. For this game only: It was like, take away the deep threat, and suddenly he doesn't want to play anymore. He was doing absolutely nothing after the catch.

i guess players are human and can't be expected to play 110% all the time.
    As a fan of Moss', i just wished he would have brought the attitude: "ok, u wanna take away the deep threat...then i'll catch it underneath, and take it to the house!"

17. Flying Fungi

Flying Fungi In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

That was Lito Sheppard I believe--he got lucky that he didn't hit that piece of foundation or whatever any harder.

Truly, Philly doesn't have a 'great defense', but they DO have some very good players and coaches, and they ARE being paid to go out there and perform. Lito and JR Reed played at there best out there and should be commended for the job that they did. Rather than Moss being criticized for not making a pair of talented professionals look like chumps all game. It just doesn't work that way though unfortunately.

18. ClevTrev

ClevTrev Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

You nailed it, FF. It is unbelievably arrogant the way some (mostly media) feel that when the games are close, it's due to the Pats playing flat rather than their opponents playing a hell of a game. The Eagles played a hell of a game on Sunday night. Full stop.

19. Drewwho

Drewwho Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I hate to say it, but during the game I turned to my brother and said that Moss looked to be dogging it on a few routes. I had that impression. I was at the game and he let up on a few routes and it looked obvious to me. I was shocked to see that Felger did not write about it :(

20. ALP

ALP Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +48 / 2 / -0

i did notice that actually, im pretty sure it was Lito, the guy covering and abusing him...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.