PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Javon Walker - unconfirmed rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does not compute

Let me see.

Fans are desperate with a perceived neeed for a WR.

Supposedly the draft/FA pile is empty, but good WRs exist in 2007 draft. Everyone (!) (that means fans), insists we need somebody NOW, for 2006.

A pretty good WR is supposedly available for a #2 pick and Pats are supposedly offering a late #3. Said WR had an ACL last season. Fact: It takes 18 months for an athlete to regain his form from an ACL, if he can do so at all.

Said WR will be a free agent in 2007, and has stated he wants megabucks already from the Packers.

Patriots have many FAs coming due after 2006 season. Seymour, Branch Koppen, Wilson, Graham to name some.

Fan Conclusion: Do It ! and give them a #2 and/or more. Pronto. Get er done!

Reality Conclusion: Said WR will likely not play much in 2006. If he does, he won't be very good, as he has to learn new system; and be able to cut and run on bad wheel. Said WR will be a tough FA signing in 2007. Pats will sign there own FAs, and likely lose said WR, just as he is getting healthy.

Net Net: Pats need a Wr in 2006, Pats don't get a WR in 2006. Pats need a WR in 2007 & beyond. Pats don't get this WR in 2007 and beyond.

pats1 said:
Upgrade where? Matt Light? Dan Koppen? Nick Kaczur? Logan Mankins? Stephen Neal? Russ Hochstein? Brandon Gorin? Ross Tucker? Gene Mruczkowski?

Well i was hopeing we could get a beast like Runyan to play right tackle. Our running game was horrid this season.

AzPatsFan said:
Let me see.

Fans are desperate with a perceived neeed for a WR.

Supposedly the draft/FA pile is empty, but good WRs exist in 2007 draft. Everyone (!) (that means fans), insists we need somebody NOW, for 2006.

A pretty good WR is supposedly available for a #2 pick and Pats are supposedly offering a late #3. Said WR had an ACL last season. Fact: It takes 18 months for an athlete to regain his form from an ACL, if he can do so at all.

Said WR will be a free agent in 2007, and has stated he wants megabucks already from the Packers.

Patriots have many FAs coming due after 2006 season. Seymour, Branch Koppen, Wilson, Graham to name some.

Fan Conclusion: Do It ! and give them a #2 and/or more. Pronto. Get er done!

Reality Conclusion: Said WR will likely not play much in 2006. If he does, he won't be very good, as he has to learn new system; and be able to cut and run on bad wheel. Said WR will be a tough FA signing in 2007. Pats will sign there own FAs, and likely lose said WR, just as he is getting healthy.

Net Net: Pats need a Wr in 2006, Pats don't get a WR in 2006. Pats need a WR in 2007 & beyond. Pats don't get this WR in 2007 and beyond.

Spoilsport.
:)

Phokus said:
Well i was hopeing we could get a beast like Runyan to play right tackle. Our running game was horrid this season.

Then why invest a pick in Kaczur?

re

Phokus said:

Could it be due to the fact that our key lineman were HURT during most of the season?

People didn't seem to complain in 2004 when we were running over everybody with the same personnel.

yeah and for depth im happy with Gorin. Tucker used to be a good start for Bills..im assuming he will compete with someone and provide good depth

PatsFanInVa said:
If this is sort of a "board culture" thing here, I'll watch my butt too, but it looks more like one guy getting grumpy.

PFnV

28 posts and you already get it. There is definitely an element on here that wants to turn this place into the Patriots version of Sons of Sam Horn. If a post doesn't meet up to their standards, you're either a troll, a newb, or a chickenlittler. Whatever you do, don't make a thread about the Red Sox, even if it has OT: in front of it; that's the test of how hardcore you are.

PatsFanInVa said:
Being another newbie, I've got to say BelichickFan exercised the right approach, and said right out front it's an unconfirmed rumor (per the thread title.) I know there's some serious heavy hitters here, and some real knowledgable people, which is great. But do you really want to completely go without "what ifs" like this? If this is sort of a "board culture" thing here, I'll watch my butt too, but it looks more like one guy getting grumpy.

PFnV

Na I am always grumpy, not just getting there. lol. Welcome to the board. Please understand PFIVA that you don't need to "watch your butt." The context of what I wrote is in the midst of this board self destructing over the last 2 weeks. Typically, this board is a well run, garbage-free board that is commited to quality postings. It is different then the other boards. When somebody's grandmother's dog starts a rumor, you typically won't see it here. Iam has always been dedicated to excellence. Many of us wanna keep it that way. So it isn't just this thread topic, this is just part of a huge assault within the last few weeks. It isn't personal to the poster.

Seymour93 said:
If a post doesn't meet up to their standards, you're either a troll, a newb, or a chickenlittler.

No, if the post meets the National Enquirer's standards then you are a troll, newb, or turkeylitter not chicken.

Take back what you say about the National Enquirer.

That's how DC gets their news.:D

I think paying 7 mil a year for a wide out is the smartest way yet.

We should also pay Seymour about 12 mil a year.

Also bump up Brady for about 15 mil a year.

Add to that Asante for around 9 mil a year.

If this doesn't make any sense, then I agree.

JW is NOT worth 7 mil a year. That is absurd.

What happened to your vacation?

Digger44 said:
Na I am always grumpy, not just getting there. lol. Welcome to the board. Please understand PFIVA that you don't need to "watch your butt." The context of what I wrote is in the midst of this board self destructing over the last 2 weeks. Typically, this board is a well run, garbage-free board that is commited to quality postings. It is different then the other boards. When somebody's grandmother's dog starts a rumor, you typically won't see it here. Iam has always been dedicated to excellence. Many of us wanna keep it that way. So it isn't just this thread topic, this is just part of a huge assault within the last few weeks. It isn't personal to the poster.

back already? S'all good. where's my apology?

PatPatriot aka "the troll"

scuse me that's Mr PatPatriot Senior Member to you.

Last edited:
patpatriot said:
back already? S'all good. where's my apology?

PatPatriot aka "the troll"

scuse me that's Mr PatPatriot Senior Member to you.

I said I would be back in a week and I am. Some garbage has quieted down, but obviously you havn't. There is no excuse for your garbage so you will get none from me. Take your trashy troll butt back to Raider Nation or whatever hole you crawled out of.

Phokus said:
We need to upgrade our o-line before we can call ourselves 'complete'.

The O-line looks like this:

OT: Matt Light, Wesley Britt, Brandon Gorin,
OT/OG: Logan Manking, Nick Kaczur
OG: Stephen Neal, Billy Yates, Nick Steitz
OG/C: Russ Hochstein, Gene Mruczkowski, Dan Koppen, Ross TuckerThe ones in bold are the players whom I believe will be the starters next year. Where do you want to upgrade? Who in the draft is better than what that Pats have for starters and who is likely to be there when the Pats draft?

Last edited:
Phokus said:

Because we had 2 rookies on the line and a RG whose shoulder was acting up.

Not to mention our #1 and #2 RBs injured.

Patrick Pass actually averaged 4.5 yards per carry behind that line.

The Pats running game will be better this year just because of the fact that Mankins and Kaczur aren't rookies anymore.

The problem will be if Gorin has to start at RT if Light isn't ready to go.

Also, lets not forget that Brad Hopkins is still available and he's make a good RT, imho.

harveyw said:
SIGN ME UP...I would take Javon here in a heartbeat. He is what we have been waiting for at the WR position...young, BIG, fast...I would even be so inclined to give up a 2. Who the hell are we going to get in the second round that will make a comparable impact...NO ONE!
Perhaps Joseph Addai? He or one of the other RBs (Brian Calhoun would be available there too), although WR is definitely a bigger need for this year (the RB would be for letting get ready for a year or two behind Dillon).

It would be great if we could get him for the third rounder (either one). Hell, throw in a fourth rounder too. I'd prefer to keep that second rounder though to get either Addai or Calhoun (preferably Addai, likely trading up a bit).

If we can get Javon Walker for a 3rd, Bobby Carpenter (OLB/ILB) in the first round, and Addai in the second round, I'd be ecstatic. :)

It didn't work

Digger44 said:
I said I would be back in a week and I am. Some garbage has quieted down, but obviously you havn't. There is no excuse for your garbage so you will get none from me. Take your trashy troll butt back to Raider Nation or whatever hole you crawled out of.

You need another vacation I think. If there's any more "hole crawling" nonsense from you.I think I'll ask Ian to provide one for you. Wise up.

patpatriot said:
You need another vacation I think. If there's any more "hole crawling" nonsense from you.I think I'll ask Ian to provide one for you. Wise up.

Nonsense? Try reading your posts. I don't care what you ask Ian to do. Why would he listen to a troll who has no clue on the topic of integrity and excellnce on this board? How dare you newbie make threats and order me to wise up. Go back to your stinkin' hole I say, go back to your losing Raider Trailer Trash Nation.

Even better

Digger44 said:
Nonsense? Try reading your posts. I don't care what you ask Ian to do. Why would he listen to a troll who has no clue on the topic of integrity and excellnce on this board? How dare you newbie make threats and order me to wise up. Go back to your stinkin' hole I say, go back to your losing Raider Trailer Trash Nation.

Can anyone tell me how to make that ignore-list thingee work?

It's called self-control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye