PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Javon Walker - unconfirmed rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.
BelichickFan said:
I'm copying and pasting this from a KFFL post :

"A friend of mine from Madison, Wisconsin, said the local paper there mentioned that the Pats were talking to the Packers about Javon Walker. Apparently the Packers want a 2nd and the Pats are offering their late 3rd rounder."

Trade for Walker, give him, Branch and Seymour new contracts and we're all smiling :)
i like the idea at first, but just think of the money javon wants. this guy is wanting big $$$$$$$$$$$$$ even after the injury. and you know whatever javon gets, branch will want more. for instance, say walker gets 7 mil a year(fairly low number), branch will comand about 8-9. thats nearly 16 mil for two players(wr's none the less). thats not a belichickistonian type move. sure those are just random numbers, but thats a lot of money for a player who is coming off a huge(stress HUGE) injury....

p.s. two words ::::::: DREW ROSENHOUS(walkers agent)

drew got fired

Remix 6 said:
drew got fired
yea just looked that up....my bad
well then hes fine in my book.

BionicPatriot said:
I'd do this one in a second, and I think we may very well be able to talk GB into giving up our #3. Think about it, GB is a team that needs to do what? get younger, and re-build through the draft. Walker wants NOTHING to do with that team, and who's to blame him? GB has no choice, he'll either say **** it or be released eventually. I really think this one could work, and I hope like hell we try it.

Exactly. JW, assuming his Med reports are OK (which I'm sure they'll need to be for GB to make any deal), is better than ANY draft pick the Pats could make if they don't move up.

He's absolutely worth a 3.

Think about Branch and Walker, w/ Brown in in the slot, Graham and Watson at TE, and Faulk at RB...that's a devastating pass offense.

im talking to a packer fan and hes saying no talks whats so ever and they plan to keep him and let him sit out if he wants..he'll just lose money and they arent accepting trades..hope hes wrong..maybe hes got cheese in his ears and cant hear nothing

culpepper went for a second rounder....pretty much the same situation....of course the packers are going to play hardball and say they won't trade him, but that's just to maximize value....he's as good as gone....they're not going to compete next year, they can take the draft pick instead....i'd offer a late fourth and a sixth...GB could work with that....they NEED to build from the draft....

With the help of a LB through the draft and a healthy offensive line, we'd have a near unstoppable team with JW on the team.

However, i've read enough rumours like this to know that this could be (and in my mind probably) nothing. However, speculation is pretty damn fun. :p

What if the Pats pulled off moves like getting Moulds and Walker? It's possible, they trade for Walker, then grab Moulds in FA. The offseason would already be a success. Then I would wet my pants..... :eek:

THEARCHIVES said:
What if the Pats pulled off moves like getting Moulds and Walker? It's possible, they trade for Walker, then grab Moulds in FA. The offseason would already be a success. Then I would wet my pants..... :eek:

This JW Rumour is outright speculation.

But what you just said is just...HAHHAHA. Moulds as our #3 WR? Oh man, good one!

Just for dreamings sake, lets imagine this...WR: Branch, J. Walker, Eric Moulds, Reche Caldwell, Troy Brown. TE: Graham, Watson, rookie. RB: Dillon, Pass, Faulk, Rookie. Hell, we wouldn't even need a defense.

skri65 said:
This JW Rumour is outright speculation.

But what you just said is just...HAHHAHA. Moulds as our #3 WR? Oh man, good one!

Just for dreamings sake, lets imagine this...WR: Branch, J. Walker, Eric Moulds, Reche Caldwell, Troy Brown. TE: Graham, Watson, rookie. RB: Dillon, Pass, Faulk, Rookie. Hell, we wouldn't even need a defense.

WR: Branch, J. Walker, Reche Caldwell, Troy Brown, Childress. TE: Graham, Watson, Evans/Wiggins. RB: Dillon, Pass, Faulk, Rookie.

Yeah, we'll need a D, because we'll score WAY too fast.

THEARCHIVES said:
Of course, no one has answered the question how the Patriots could afford two guys that already think they're underpaid when they couldn't afford one guy for the same reason.

Pats67 said:
Of course, no one has answered the question how the Patriots could afford two guys that already think they're underpaid when they couldn't afford one guy for the same reason.

Who ever said they couldn't afford Givens? There is a difference between choosing not to pay someone and not being capable of affording him.

I wouldn't put any stock at all in the rumor.

How about a link or name of the paper so this can be confirmed. If not, the newbies need to knock of the crappy journalism.

We need to upgrade our o-line before we can call ourselves 'complete'.

Digger44 said:
How about a link or name of the paper so this can be confirmed. If not, the newbies need to knock of the crappy journalism.

I didn't realize that BelichickFan was a newbie.... Anyway, it's just a fun rumor. It obviously wasn't written to say that it was fact. Besides, we're fans here, not journalists.

Digger44 said:
Dude, in the subject it says "unconfirmed rumor". It's unconfirmed, deal with it.

FWIW the guy followed up saying :

"Well, I can say that my buddy isn't yanking my chain. Not the type. He's a sixty-three year old die hard Packers fan who would cry if this happens. He was genuinely depressed. In fact, I spoke with him since my original post & he said it was also reported on the Madison sports news. Apparently the Pats aren't the only ones in the hunt -- Dolphins, Chargers & Eagles have shown considerable interest."

Is the rumor true ? Maybe. Could the trade happen ? Maybe. Was I open with the fact that it's not been reported by Pasquarelli or Mortensen as imminent ? Absolutely. Look at the bloody title.

He did give it a caveat

Being another newbie, I've got to say BelichickFan exercised the right approach, and said right out front it's an unconfirmed rumor (per the thread title.) I know there's some serious heavy hitters here, and some real knowledgable people, which is great. But do you really want to completely go without "what ifs" like this? If this is sort of a "board culture" thing here, I'll watch my butt too, but it looks more like one guy getting grumpy.

PFnV

Phokus said:
We need to upgrade our o-line before we can call ourselves 'complete'.

Upgrade where? Matt Light? Dan Koppen? Nick Kaczur? Logan Mankins? Stephen Neal? Russ Hochstein? Brandon Gorin? Ross Tucker? Gene Mruczkowski?

Well, the starters are starters, we can say that much. But how much have Tucker and Mruc played? Previous post makes it look like these are household names. I've seen them because I'm a Pats fan but still don't know what to make of them. Now, a Hutchinson you'd notice, but there's only so many offensive linemen you look at and say "my God, we got him?" You'd notice a clunker too... more to the point, Brady would, Dillon would. We do know Koppen's coming off an injury, so right there if we don't have someone we're comfortable with, we're hoping instead of planning. Can you address that without using a Round 1 on the OL? Sure. But don't you need that inside LB more than you need Koppen insurance? I know I know... it will depend on value not need. But that approach militates against drafting "insurance picks" high.

These guys ain't Hannah and Gray, folks. But it seems like an "okay" unit on the O-line is the target, provided they're constantly improving. And with the youth there, you have to figure, if it doesn't get worse than 05, it'll only get better from there. But what will the per carry average be like for any Pats rb, with Ashworth gone? If you believe what you read here, he was the MAN for run-blocking last year, and Corey's average was under 4 (3.5 if I remember correct, but I cannot bring myself to say that.)

I would've slept better had the Pats signed Mawae somehow, but maybe they know something I don't. Come to think of it, of course they do.

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back