PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Javon Walker To Visit Pats Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
PonyExpress said:
I think you're overrating Javon Walker. He had one good year, tore his ACL, quit on his team. and wants a big contract. I doubt anyone will trade a 2nd rd pick for him.

I can't agree with opinions like this. I don't remember him quitting on his team. I recall him coming back and still playing for his team even if he wasn't happy with his contract. Then he got seriously injured before reaching his pay day. Personally I feel for the guy and I don't blame him for wanting out of GB. If Richard came back last year after holding out and we didn't pay him a dime more and he got injured I doubt many of us wouldn't feel like he got a raw deal.

Kierkegaard, if you came on with that name just for this topic, my hat's off to your sly little reference. (I believe he introduced the term "Leap of faith" into the lexicon....)

I still don't say overpay for Walker... get him at a good price, sure. Pay for him as if it was March 2005, after his 2004 season? No way.

PFnV

kierkegaard said:
I can't agree with opinions like this. I don't remember him quitting on his team. I recall him coming back and still playing for his team even if he wasn't happy with his contract. Then he got seriously injured before reaching his pay day. Personally I feel for the guy and I don't blame him for wanting out of GB. If Richard came back last year after holding out and we didn't pay him a dime more and he got injured I doubt many of us wouldn't feel like he got a raw deal.

Walker announced that he would never play for the Packers again. He said he would prefer to retire than ever suit up in a Packer uniform. That's what I referred to when I said he "quit on his team." I don't see how that is arguable... but I'm experiencing fear and trembling, so I could be wrong...:D

PonyExpress said:
Walker announced that he would never play for the Packers again. He said he would prefer to retire than ever suit up in a Packer uniform. That's what I referred to when I said he "quit on his team." I don't see how that is arguable... but I'm experiencing fear and trembling, so I could be wrong...:D

What you mean is he quit on Brett Favre's team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back