PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Javon Walker didn't want to play for Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure as heck wanted him...

but then we got Jackson...and he got $40M...and he's still doing interviews about Favre.

for now it definitely looks like we got the better end of the deal.

zippo59 said:
What I don't get is why he didn't just say "I DON'T WANT TO PLAY FOR YOU" from the beginning instead of jerking everyone around by missing flights, or finding ways to avoid meeting with the team. Was he obligated to meet with the Pats because GB was making him? It seems to me like he should have been straight forwarded so he didn't waste anybody's time. GB could have ruled the Patriots out as an option, and the Pats could have ruled Walker out as an option.

Come on now, zippo and Armen, drink your coffee and come awake!
He kept a false front out there ... just so that Shanny
would come to imagine that he was worth kidnapping.

Simulate interest by others ... foster interest by others ... appear to be in demand.
But be attainable, if "they" meet your modest needs.

Trust me, you guys wanted no part of him. In addition to his shredded knee, he has a bad ankle and a bad shoulder. And he's older than his years in the league indicate.

Three games into Brady distributing the ball instead of being a Favre and repeatedly tossing it up for another jump-ball catch/interception, and Javonna would be cryin' like a female dog.

He's the antithesis of Patriot People.

The Pats were fortunate that Green Bay stood at #36 in front of Denver at #37. The Packers had all the incentive in the world to allow New England to trade up into their position because if the Pats took a coveted receiver (Chad Jackson) that the Broncos were ready to grab, first they get an extra 3rd round pick, and then they could look straight faced at the jilted Broncos seconds later to unload their problem WR Walker for a very high second round pick. Kudos to the Green Bay GM for those moves and then trading the #37 pick to Atlanta for more picks!

BelichickFan said:
Well he would be set for life at about 10% of what he's getting. And there's no law that says ex NFL players can't get a normal job at 35.

There is also no law against getting all you can get.

I guess we also need to limit salaries for actors, Tom Cruise would be set for life at $2 mil a film instead of $20-30 mil, and Bill Gates is already set, he should just work for free, and using set for life, I guess Mr. Kraft can just let everyone into games for free, since he's already set for life..................

I'm sure you would never change employers if someone offered you twice the income to do the same job.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back