Javon Walker didn't want to play for Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From Dan Pompei's column:

"WR Javon Walker wasn't a free agent, but he had a lot of influence in dictating what team he would play for in 2006. He told the Packers he wanted to be traded, and the team initially was hesitant to set an example by giving in to his demands. Green Bay finally agreed to explore the possibility when it found out it could get decent compensation for Walker. The Broncos, Eagles and Patriots were interested, and Walker was scheduled to visit all three teams. But he didn't want to play for the Patriots, so he "missed" four flights to New England, including two he had checked in for. Broncos coach Mike Shanahan got an assist for one of the missed flights. During Walker's visit to Denver, Shanahan took Walker to his home. Not coincidentally, Walker ended up being traded to the Broncos for a second-round pick. . . ."

Why would you NOT want to play for the Pats? :confused:

His loss. Maybe he thinks Brady shares the ball too much. It's cool, we found someone better. (I hope).

oldrover said:
From Dan Pompei's column:

"
Why would you NOT want to play for the Pats? :confused:

Because you're not going to put up monster numbers that will give you an enormous contract. If this story is true, then Walker has outed himself as a man who cares first and last about his bank account.

dryheat44 said:
Because you're not going to put up monster numbers that will give you an enormous contract. If this story is true, then Walker has outed himself as a man who cares first and last about his bank account.

Does this in some way redeem Farve?

I think it does a.....little.

Javon Walker did not want to play for the Pats ?

but...where the Pats interested on him ?
did they show big interest ?

it does not seems so...

wellcome Chad Jackson !

Who cares?I didn't want him here in the 1st place.Now he's talking about Brett Farve.I hope he has a bad year next year[damaged goods].

Doesn't seem like Walker had the right attitude to play here

I think Farve could have been more diplomatic - and not called Walker out in public - but I think Walker also knew that between Brady, Harrison, Bruschi, Vrabel and others (not to mention BB) - any of his shenanigans were going to be nipped in the bud early on

and when a guy like Harrison decides to send a message in a scrimage, it can be very painful

Best not come to a team filled with such goody two-shoer "team first" kindof guys if you're Walker

It's not because he didnt want to play for the patriots because of who they are. He has a better oppurtunity to be a starter with rod smith being 36 and ashley lelie wanting out.its pretty simple. if he came here he would have been a #2. why not go to the team that will make you a virtual lock to be a starter in a year or so.

Last edited:
Given the way he was acting in GB, it shouldn't be a surprise that he doesn't fit into the Patriots' team concept very well.

Screw him. He wants the money..wont get it here. He wants the amazing stats..wont get it here. We dont offer as much as others to trade and to raise his salary aswell as him getting stats..wont happen in NE because we spread ball around.

A. I really don't care if he wanted to play here or not. It's his loss.

B. A WR with a bad attitude is the last thing that we need on this team. All Walker cared about was money. Something tells me that BB/Pioli lost interest in him very quickly, IMO.

Ahh, he's just a bum.
Nobody here wanted him anyway, right?

Shanny keeping him under house arrest - too funny!
Like the old AFL and NFL days ... with teams keeping top draft picks sequestered in secret hotel rooms
until they had signed.

DefenseRules said:
B. A WR with a bad attitude is the last thing that we need on this team.
Javon Walker : "Brady, throw me the damn ball"
Tom Brady : "I throw the ball to whoever's open, buddy"
Javon Walker : "&^& *E&&* *&*(&"

Remix 6 said:
Screw him. He wants the money..wont get it here. He wants the amazing stats..wont get it here. We dont offer as much as others to trade and to raise his salary aswell as him getting stats..wont happen in NE because we spread ball around.

I seriously doubt the money would have been the problem. We don't have a problem paying player's money if they deserve it. I think the bigger problem was he could see that there was no way he was going to get his 100 balls and 1000+ yds.

huskeralk said:
I seriously doubt the money would have been the problem.
Did you not see the money he just got?:confused:

huskeralk said:
I seriously doubt the money would have been the problem. We don't have a problem paying player's money if they deserve it. I think the bigger problem was he could see that there was no way he was going to get his 100 balls and 1000+ yds.

I agree with you 100%.. He would have gotten the $$ here or there.> But the difference is the pats scheme doesnt' focus on one offensive player.. That is how I see it..

He did go to FSU so his remedial education is showing, again.

who cares? the guy is a jerk, screw him.

Let him ruin the Broncos.

He's getting paid too much and unless i'm missing something he had one good year and one great year, then he tore his leg to shreds. Big deal.

Keegs said:
who cares? the guy is a jerk, screw him.

Let him ruin the Broncos.

He's getting paid too much and unless i'm missing something he had one good year and one great year, then he tore his leg to shreds. Big deal.

Just so we have it straight. Do you think he's a jerk because he didn't want to play for the Patriots or did he kick your dog?

Walker Vs. Jackson...

Walker
- only had one productive season (2004)
- underperformed in his first two years
- recovering from a torn ACL in 2005
- has big salary demands
- questionable attitude

Jackson
- is likely to get 2nd round rookie money for the next four years
- has potential
- WRs tend to struggle as rookies
- has one less prodictive seasons than Walker

For me, the difference in salaries alone is enough to make me feel that the Pats got the better of this deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes