PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jauron over-ruled OC to call the pass play!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzFritz

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
sorry , but this is just too frickin unbelievable...
----------------------------------------------------
Instead, Buffalo coach **** Jauron overruled offensive coordinator Turk Schonert and called for the throw.

"Clearly the responsibility for the last call, the play-action pass, that was mine," Jauron said. "That goes right on me. It backfired clearly and caused us to lose the game. ... It's one of those times in a game that's pretty good for a pass, right before the two-minute (warning)."

A 12 year old could of called that better than Jauron. Unbelievable!

wow sounds like Jauron is almost like al davis

Edit, misread.

Yea that's horrible.

Last edited:
Immensaly stupid play-call that blew the Bills the game. And more importantly made our chances that much worse of reaching the playoffs. :(

I give him credit for admitting it and I suppose that's one of the reasons people through out the league seem to like and respect Jauron. But that's one of he most bone-headed calls I've ever seen. I mentioned after the last Bills/Pats game that I liked Jauron (local guy, seems to be respected, etc.) but he's typically really conservative, particularly, offensively. That call was inexpicable.

The call was horrible, but the execution was just as bad. Losman can't be let off the hook.

I blew a f'n gasket as I watched that play unfold. The Jets could not stop Lynch. They knew he was getting the ball and he busted it right up the middle. They had no answer and the time was winding down, the Jets called a time out at 2:06. I'm left speechless.

it was a good call technically before the 2min warning but given the jets couldnt stop lynch in the 1st down and he got 5 yards..it was stupid

If they'd handed the ball off and Lynch had fumbled, people would be screaming for Jauron's head because he should have passed. The problem wasn't the play call, it was the pathetic excuse for a quarterback who cost his team the game.

This is not true.

Sure it is. It happens all the time, because people who aren't good enough, or devoted enough, to actually become NFL coaches think that they know better than the guys who've been doing the job for years or decades.

The Bills remind me of the 07 Lions... they started off strong were immensely hyped up then completely fall apart.

Lets hope this trend continues and and the 09 Bills look like the 08 Lions. I dont really care that they failed to beat the Jets (it says a lot that they almost did), its just one less team to worry about in our division for the next 2-3 years.

Sure it is. It happens all the time, because people who aren't good enough, or devoted enough, to actually become NFL coaches think that they know better than the guys who've been doing the job for years or decades.

That was a freakin' joke. Lynch was eating it up, you hand off to a guy who is CARRIES the ball on a regular basis. If he fumbles, its still the right call. You do not roll out a qb when your running out the clock, on your side of the field, when the opponent has been having trouble stopping your back.

That was a freakin' joke. Lynch was eating it up, you hand off to a guy who is CARRIES the ball on a regular basis. If he fumbles, its still the right call. You do not roll out a qb when your running out the clock, on your side of the field, when the opponent has been having trouble stopping your back.

It was a pass play going into the 2 minute warning. There was nothing inherently wrong with the call. I would have called for the run, personally, but the problem with the play was not that a pass was called, but that Losman blows.

It was a pass play going into the 2 minute warning. There was nothing inherently wrong with the call. I would have called for the run, personally, but the problem with the play was not that a pass was called, but that Losman blows.

Exactly.
Calling a pass would still get you to 2:00 even if incomplete. The pass had the potential of fooling the Jets D. It didn't. But as a call it's rational.
The real problem was Loseman.
And for THAT precise reason I fault Jauron. NFW would I trust that POS QB with the ball if I could possibly avoid it. I follow the Bills and it was clear to me for years that Losman was as big a loser as Rob Johnson.

If they'd handed the ball off and Lynch had fumbled, people would be screaming for Jauron's head because he should have passed.

No they wouldn't have. That's a ridiculous thing to say.

I agree, however, with your point about Losman. It's on him to get rid of that ball and to - OBVIOUSLY - take care of the rock. For the love of Christ. He is absolutely horrendous.

No they wouldn't have. That's a ridiculous thing to say.

I agree, however, with your point about Losman. It's on him to get rid of that ball and to - OBVIOUSLY - take care of the rock. For the love of Christ. He is absolutely horrendous.

Read a game thread here at Patsfans.com. People here would be skewering no matter what.

Exactly.
Calling a pass would still get you to 2:00 even if incomplete. The pass had the potential of fooling the Jets D. It didn't. But as a call it's rational.
And for THAT precise reason I fault Jauron. NFW would I trust that POS QB with the ball if I could possibly avoid it. I follow the Bills and it was clear to me for years that Losman was as big a loser as Rob Johnson.

I've never liked Losman, because I've always thought he was a poor man's Rob Johnson. Frankly, I was stunned that Wilson didn't learn the lesson from the Flutie/Johnson disaster and make sure that Bledsoe stayed comfortable as the #1 QB until there was absolutely no doubt that Losman was ready to be the man.

However, as bad as Losman is (and he's terrible), he had led his team to the lead with that much time left. Much like what happened during the Rosenfels saga in Houston, you have to expect that your quarterback will play with an I.Q. that's higher than a head of lettuce. Had Losman simply followed the "Whatever you do, don't fumble" mantra at that point, the Bills would have beaten the Jets and the Patriots would be preparing to become Jets fans week 17. Instead, the moron thought he would try to pull a play out of his ass, and ended up looking like one instead.

Exactly.

I do not agree. The head coach has to know his personnel and Loserman had not played enough ball this season to warrant the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes