PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jason Whitlock: Patriots "smell of desperation and arrogance".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Whitlock: Patriots "smell of desparation and arrogance"

This is the ratings game: see Felger, Borges et al, they try to stir up controversy and say outlandish things for no other reason than to garner attention..

Other than that who gives a flying f..ck about what Whitlock says..

I don't know Whitlock, don't know enough to check his facts, but if he's partly right then this is an important read.

Hopefully Belichik read that because it could NE a disaster if he tries to run the 3-4 without knowing it is based upon gap control up front. If they have a great defense this year we will all have Jason Whitlock to thank.

Whitlock is one of those writers who's only interest is clicks on their articles imo. He loved the limelight he got from his little HOF article earlier in the year. Writing something to get click throughs regardless of facts isn't being a good writer

"smell of desperation and arrogance" ; BB's definitely doing something right! I love the smell of fear in the morning...it smells like victory:singing:

The "arrogant" label for Belichick has become a National Sportswriting Cliche for those too stupid and lazy to get to know the man.

And, of course, it only stands to reason that a young team that managed to eke out a paltry 14 wins last year would be forced to make roster moves borne of sheer desperation.

I was just thinking the same thing, BB goes for it on 4th and 2, hes arrogant, BB trades a 7th rounder, hes arrogant, BB takes a dump, he arrogant, these guys are like broken records, get a new thought into your heads, you morons.

If Bill Belichick were a black coach Whitlock would be singing a very different tune. Whitty is quite predictable.

I remember people saying that Dillon and Moss would never work out either.

If Bill Belichick were a black coach Whitlock would be singing a very different tune. Whitty is quite predictable.

I know you're using the nickname "Whitty" in the loosest of terms, because he's anything but. And yes, you would be correct about his double-standard objectivity.

whenever i peruse posts like this with a link to the article, i refrain from clicking on the link and adding to the author's hits total.

could j. "whitless" be right? possibly.

do i think he is? no.

i err on the side of belichick and co. over someone who seemingly goes out of his way to come across as contrarian.

The "arrogant" label for Belichick has become a National Sportswriting Cliche for those too stupid and lazy to get to know the man.

And, of course, it only stands to reason that a young team that managed to eke out a paltry 14 wins last year would be forced to make roster moves borne of sheer desperation.

Perfect.

What's the difference between WhitLock and a bucket of poo?? :)

The bucket.

I'm scratching my head wondering when the attempt to improve your roster in positions of need become superlatives such as "desperate and arrogant"? I guess we can add all of the following to the desperate and arrogant lists for their pre-season acquisitions;

Andy Reid
Mike Smith
Ken Wisenhunt
Lovie Smith
Gary Kubiak
Jack Del Rio
Leslie Frazier
Sean Payton
Mike Manchuck

I look forward to Whitlock's derogatory pieces given they've all attempted to do the same as BB, strengthen positions of need through acquisitions.

Last edited:
Re: Patriots "smell of desparation and arrogance".

Ok, now I feel way more confident about the Albert and Chad additions now that Whitlock has given his opinion. I still don't know where the "arrogant" part come it.

NFL News, Videos, Scores, Teams, Standings, Stats - FOX Sports on MSN

BTW, isn't he a big time Redskin fan?

Can someone help me out here? It is admittedly late in England, (0138) and I have had some beers. However, in all my time watching Football, around 25 years, I can't recall Mr Whitlock winning, er, anything in the NFL or at any level of Football. Am I being dumb? :confused:

He's an idiot.

Can someone help me out here? It is admittedly late in England, (0138) and I have had some beers. However, in all my time watching Football, around 25 years, I can't recall Mr Whitlock winning, er, anything in the NFL or at any level of Football. Am I being dumb? :confused:

SsssssssHHH!

Cats know nothing about football!

Whitlock throws darts at the board again ROFL

So the Patriots make 2 fairly low risk;potential high reward moves that didn't really cost a thing while ejecting some Vets who might have been "top-heavy" in the cost department but the Jets start slashing their roster and renegotiating half their team's roster to try and get maybe the best corner when they have the other maybe best corner and would tie up 25% of their cap money on two players but that's good business? :singing:

I love how Whitlock says, "Study tape of the Bengals. Carson Palmer could not trust Ochocinco."

Like the man has any idea

He used to play football at Ball State with Jeff George and fancies himself as a former player who knows the nuisances of the game.

Today, Whitlock is 5 feet tall and 4 feet wide. When hes not running his mouth, hes eating.

The media has been very predictable with this. Pats don't sign certain guys? They're arrogant. Pats do sign certain guys? They're arrogant. The other big thing (already about 5 columns in the Globe like this) is that there is no "Patriot way," that the Pats will sign anybody. Which misses the point that guys are expected to behave a certain way ONCE THEY GET HERE.

I love how Whitlock says, "Study tape of the Bengals. Carson Palmer could not trust Ochocinco."

Like the man has any idea

LOL, i doubt he actually studied the tape or he would have found that Palmer was majorly underarchieving with 2 all pro talents at WR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back