Welcome to PatsFans.com

Jason Whitlock on "running up the score"

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SVN, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +179 / 1 / -0

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7374232?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

2. letekro

letekro Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 2 / -3

I totally agree, but we didn't even try to do that...we eased off on them in the second half, and that is why this controversy has to infuriate the team (to the extent they are paying attention). I expect them to be more inclined to "run up the score" than they were before receiving all this attention.
  3. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

ABSOLUTELY. If they're gonna get killed for "running up the score" when they aren't even DOING that, they might as well do it for real.
  4. PonyExpress

PonyExpress Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 3 / -0

Embrace the hate. If BB was running up the score, I love it. It creates anger, passion, rivalries, grudges, long memories and historical moments. Leave the sportsmanship to pop warner and the army navy game. One of the worst feelings in recent years was the Halloween beatdown in Pittsburgh, ending the Pats 21 game streak, in which the Steelers made a mockery of the Pats by downing the ball deep in our end. It was even more of an FU than running the ball in for a TD.
  5. lusdawg

lusdawg Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Did Whitlock just write something without bringing up race? I'll be damned ...
  6. LoveDemPats

LoveDemPats Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Bingo!!!!

Hey, good for him.
  7. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

The way the Patriots are treated by the national media reminds me of the old joke when a young kid goes to New York to visit relatives. When he's there, he sees a young mother and her baby being attacked by a pit bull and a doberman (insert other type of dog if you're offended by my selection). He takes his hockey stick and fights off the animals, killing them both and saving the woman and child. A member of the press sees this and decides that this has to be a big story. He approaches the kid seeing the hockey stick and asks, " Are you a Rangers fan? " Nope relies the kid. " " A Devils fan?" Nope again. " Then you must be an Islanders fan?".
    " No, I'm visiting from Philadelphia and I'm a Flyers fan," replies the young hero.
    The next day the newspaper headline read " Little B*stard from Philly Kills Family Pets"
    That's my perception of how the Pats are treated. Guess what. I don't think they care and subscribe to th "it's better to be feared than loved" philosophy.....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.