PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jason Taylor - Whiner or Correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merriman sent Taylor a "Lights Out" t-shirt and hat, and a bag of popcorn for he can "watch the playoffs from home."

Ya, That just shows how much class the guy has:mad:

Merriman sent Taylor a "Lights Out" t-shirt and hat, and a bag of popcorn for he can "watch the playoffs from home."

What a class act.

Taylor should send Merriman one of those "pill reminder" boxes :)

tell me this: can you say with certainty that without the steroids he'd still be the best?

No, you can't. Steroids don't wear off overnight. There is a reasonable possibility that the steroids he took before he got caught are effectively aiding him still today. He shouldn't be eligible for the award. It's not a double penalty, it's a more accurate single penalty.
The message is clear: You can buy your way into the Pro Bowl.

As long as you value being Player of the Year or being voted to the Pro Bowl more than you do four paychecks, take the steroids, enhance your game, get your awards, and simply forfeit four game checks.

Of course, most players wouldn't do this, but at least now they have the option.

I think you are overlooking an easy connection

Cause:Steroids
Effect: a very good player

Classic, Keegs.

Merriman gained something like 22 lbs. the year he came out between the combine and his Pro Day at his school. For a 250 lb. guy, 22 lbs. of pure muscle goes on like nothing right? Over the course of a month? Yeah, right, give me a break. He's been on roids from day one.

Thus, Taylor is both a whiner and is correct but this is an issue that should have been addressed as part of the steroid policy and by the league itself before the fact not after the fact.
Fine, it should have been addressed before the fact. But it wasn't. Now that it has been determined that it wasn't addressed beforehand and isn't being addressed now, it is time for players to speak up.

Saying nothing about an issue because it "should have been addressed before" makes no sense.

I agree with taylor. Merriman broke the rules bottom line.

I agree 100 % with Taylor answering a question honestly,if people are cheating,it should not be condoned (look at MLB).Taylor is being villified by some writers for making this statement as he is in contention for the award,yet if he was simply answering a question,that criticism is unfair as pointed out by some other posters in this thread.

I truly respect Jason Taylor as one of the best and most respected players in the league but it seems a bit awkward as to his statement about Shawn Merriman and the steroids issue.

Is he somewhat whining about the issue and trying to persuade the public into voting for him over Shawn as Defensive Player Of The Year? or is he just making a statement at the exact time where it truly is between him and Shawn for the award?

Seems like a bad time to make the statement when it should have been made at the time Shawn was suspended,Why wait till now especially since the voting is down to two as when Shawn was caught with the steroids situation there was a bit more D guys in line for the prestigious honor and maybe the statement was not needed to be said then now thats its really down to 2 guys .

I personally think that Shawn is better than Jason (Steroids or no steroids) and is a part responsible of his outstanding play to the success of the Chargers this year and will make OLs double team him in the playoffs to avoid the typical sack or two per game Merrimen gets.

I say Shawn gets it by a sliver over Taylor this year,although I am sure Merrimen has bigger things in his mind than winning this award.

Taylor didnt just go out and make this statement... a reporter asked him what he felt about players receiving awards after testing positive in that year. JT said how he felt. The other guy in the race, Champ Bailey, also was asked about it... and he also agreed with Taylor and said you shouldnt be able to get an award like that when caught cheating earlier that year.

And Taylor has had a better season than Merriman. He has almost single-handedly won us 5 out of our 6 wins this year. w/o Taylor... we dont win those games. W/O Merriman... the Chargers still went 4-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes