Welcome to PatsFans.com

Jason Taylor situation heats up considerably: no workouts, minicamp, or training camp

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Palm Beach Pats Fan, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Palm Beach Pats Fan

Palm Beach Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Sounds like this is a toxic situation beyond repair. Worth a 2009 2nd or 3rd rounder?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3406638

The Dolphins will not be seeing Miami's star defensive end at any offseason workouts, including training camp when it opens in July, Dolphins coach Tony Sparano said at a news conference Wednesday.
    Last edited: May 21, 2008
  2. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +53 / 1 / -4

Re: Jason Taylor situation heats up considerably: no workouts, minicamp, or training

Why would you bid that high on him when no other team was willing to offer that much? A 4th round pick is the most that I'd give. Chances are JT will be cut anyways.
  3. AStack75

AStack75 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Re: Jason Taylor situation heats up considerably: no workouts, minicamp, or training

He couldn't even beat Kristi Yamaguchi. His value has gone down significantly.
  4. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +619 / 11 / -6

:rofl:

Seriously, though, Tom would be thrilled to have Taylor on his side.

And as I've said elsewhere, signing Taylor would be proof that the Patriots are an environmentally friendly team--after all, they specialize in rescuing stranded Dolphins. :D
  5. Krugman

Krugman Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I would love to see Jason Taylor on this team,then we will see what he has left in the tank....might suprise a few!
  6. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,795 / 31 / -48

No Jersey Selected

No way I give a 2nd or a 3rd for that over the hill, dancing chrome dome.
  7. ScottieC

ScottieC Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Oh, that's harsh. Funny, but harsh.

I don't care what you think of his dancing, I never watched that stupid F'n TV show, you can't argue with his defensive skills.

He's a bad SOB and if we can work a trade for him, I'm all for it.
  8. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,795 / 31 / -48

No Jersey Selected

If you watched him last year, you could tell that he was a shell of his former self even from 2006. He's going to do nothing but age. With what we just invested in making the defense younger, this would be a step back for us. Plus, we already have Seymour and Warren. Plus, he's going to be playing for the Fins next year. PLUS (and this is a big plus) Parcells would never ship him to us or any other division rival. That's not his style. Let him get shipped to Green Bay, Seattle, or somewhere else in the NFC that is cold.
  9. castlelong1

castlelong1 Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I wouldn't hang up if Parcells offered him for a second. Of I'd offer a cheese sandwich. I'd assume we'd meet around a fourth rounder.

Yes, he could try out. Worse case is you cut him after finding out he gained 700 pounds or something.
  10. ScottieC

ScottieC Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Kontra -Don't you think that playing for a team that was loosing every game had a toll on his level of play? Throw out last season - He's a bad ass. We need as many bad ass defensive players as we can stock our team with - just think of what Bill could do with Jason. It would be nuts.

I'm for it. However, I understand he's old and all that crap - Teddys old, Jr.'s old, Vrabel's old, Rodney's old.......what's one more 32 year old on the defensive side?
  11. ScottieC

ScottieC Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

No second?? A pro bowler vs. a young guy that might get cut or never play? I'll take Jason - We have TWO 2nd round picks next year.
  12. Palm Beach Pats Fan

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

While I don't doubt for a second that his skills are eroding,

it seems odd that a person named NFL defensive player of the year only 16 months ago, without suffering any known injury, is so quickly viewed by many as not worth even a second day draft pick.

He was in a lose-every-week situation that had everything to do with pathetic coaching, years of lousy personnel decisions, and flat-out ineptitude in offensive design and play-calling.

He loses a lot in my eyes for seemingly having football a lower priority than going all Hollywood though.

Belichick and Parcells would have about equal tolerance for that (as in zero).
  13. ScottieC

ScottieC Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The only injury he suffered was 1-15. Hard to get up for a game when you know you're going to loose.
  14. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

That guy in your signature says "Hi".
    • Like Like x 1
  15. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I don't blame Taylor for not wanting to come back to the 'Phins

Hes on his way out and retirement is near and theres is NO chance of a SB ring within 2 years which is what he has left.

The cowboys got his buddy Zach now,Probably the closest guy Jason had on the team full of lots of different players each year who get cut or traded away.

Thats why he wants out - No Zach and No SB ring in sightin Miami....
  16. ScottieC

ScottieC Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

That's gotta burn, Kontra.
  17. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -3

Just my personal opinion, but I'm trying (not always successfully) to avoid the world wide leader. For those that are also trying to quit the habit, here's some other links on the subject.

Palm Beach Post story
    Miami Herald columnist thinks Parcells should lighten up
  18. Palm Beach Pats Fan

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

yeah that's what I am saying. He didn't get injured, and I can never recall any healthy player being a league player of the year and then totally losing it all, in just one season.

I think that he has so much more speed and energy in the tank than Seau and Bruschi (though I love Tedy) that he would be a good addition at the right price, unless he has truly lost the desire.
  19. GostkowSKI

GostkowSKI Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Shaun Alexander is trying his best to prove you wrong.
  20. denverpatsfan

denverpatsfan PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Make them an offer! I would love to see him in a Pats uni. I don't think Parcels does though.

Can the Pats negotiate a deal ahead of time if he is released? Or would that be "cheating"?

JT makes that sack in the 4th quarter of the game that shall not be named.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.