PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jason Taylor on "running up the score"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah! Well the point I'm arguing is that Jason isn't going to lay down and die to force a trade, that's not the type of person he is. Everyone from players, staff and the fans know this defense has to be rebuilt, if anything Jason will play his ass off to up his value to help this team get going in the right direction.
Well, you know Taylor much better than I but I'm not too sure Taylor would want his old team (Miami) to weaken his new team (?) by taking draft picks away from them!.

Trying to consummate a trade just complicates matters. Especially so when an aging player (Taylor will be 34 to start next season) also has a $7.5M contract that has to be traded in the process.

I believe that Taylor will want to get cut when all is said and done. That will be the easiest plan of exiting Miami and hooking on with his preferred team of choice.

Ditto for Z Thomas, if he doesn't retire due to concusions

Yes.

No.

We gave a fourth for Moss, and probably would give a fourth for Jason Taylor, IF he reduced his salary, which is way to high.

I know you don't believe this, but one of the problems with your team is paying too much for some guys, and not enough to others. A guy is either breaking the bank, or he is underpaid and wlaks to get a fair salary.

Taylor's salary should have been reduced a long time ago, and you should have tendered Welker higher.

You won't believe it, as I said, but think about it. Your team is 0-7 for a reason.

Trading Taylor for a 4th would be a giant waste for the Dolphins.

As for the cap distribution on the Dolphins, you're absolutely right. Why do you think Randy McMichael was cut in favor of David Martin? Why do you think Chambers was traded? Chambers is a good talent, but he made to much money for his production while Booker is the same way. (He'll be gone when the year is over unless he takes a significant pay cut. He's not gettin $4 million next year.)

I think Welker was tendered at the correct price, we landed a gem with that 2nd round pick. The trade has been wonderful for both teams.

Yeah man, I do believe it, I know there are problems with this organization but the moves that have been made make me believe things will get better.

With that said, the Porter signing is one I'm really begining to question. We could've used that cap space next off-season for a guy like Trufant or possibly Asomugha if the Raiders let him walk.

Last edited:
What is killing your team today is not having a QB. It wasn't Wannstedt or Speilman who took and average punt returner instead of a franchise QB.

Your first round pick in last year's draft made everyone in New England happy.

It was the dumbest thing since you gave up two first rounders for Williams.

You couldn't be more wrong, dude. The quarterback position has nothing to do with Ted Ginn, Ted's another debate for another day.

The fact is Cameron and Mueller had Beck and Kolb rated to close to Quinn to render Quinn worthy of a 9th pick in the draft. There is one simple reason they had Beck so high and that reason is accuracy.

Think about the QBs Cameron has developed in his very impressive QB resume. Trent Green, Drew Brees and Phillip Rivers, sure all these guys can throw the ball down the field, but it's not their spice. Cam takes accurate QBs and molds them in that way.

I love our draft, Satele is going to be a pro-bowl center and John Beck has done nothing but the right things since he's been here.

Wannstedt was the guy who when asked why he picked Fiedler over Trent Green said, "What can Trent do that Jay can't?"

Well, you know Taylor much better than I but I'm not too sure Taylor would want his old team (Miami) to weaken his new team (?) by taking draft picks away from them!.

Trying to consummate a trade just complicates matters. Especially so when an aging player (Taylor will be 34 to start next season) also has a $7.5M contract that has to be traded in the process.

I believe that Taylor will want to get cut when all is said and done. That will be the easiest plan of exiting Miami and hooking on with his preferred team of choice.

Ditto for Z Thomas, if he doesn't retire due to concusions

These guys aren't going to be cut, it just won't happen. Well, maybe Zach would but Jason will not. The team respects Jason but they know, as well as Jason does, this is a business. We can't risk our future just because we won't to honor a guy that has done so much for our organization. If Taylor asks to be moved, a trade will occur.

Keep in mind that if traded, it's not like a team in rebuilding is going to trade for a 33 year old DE. The kind of teams that want JT are teams looking for that final piece to the puzzle.

Ah! Well the point I'm arguing is that Jason isn't going to lay down and die to force a trade, that's not the type of person he is.

Nope, he's the type of person that openly questions how the front office spent a top-10 pick.

Not that I blame him.

Nope, he's the type of person that openly questions how the front office spent a top-10 pick.

Not that I blame him.

Jason's open door policy is kind of irking me. He needs to just play and keep his mouth shut. If he has a problem with the way things are being run, go in private to the FO at the end of the year and ask for trade.

He didn't even allow Ginn a chance to prove himself which he is slowly doing.

As for JT thinking we need Ginn, he'll soon learn a little something about Mr. John Beck. Only 2 and a half weeks till his debut. :D

With all that said, I do like your sig.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots