PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jason Taylor on "running up the score"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor's not going to give his all from here on out when he knows it's an exercise in futility in that Dolphins defense not to mention that, with a base salary of $7.5M next year, he's likely to be playing elsewhere when next Sept rolls around. Thus his play won't be commensurate with a high draft pick compensation. Not when he's going to be 34 years old when next season starts.

My guess is the Pats will simply wait until Miami decides not to pay Taylor his $7.5M salary next year and they cut him.

With all due respect, that's complete bull ****. Taylor will play his heart out every second he's on a football field. Questioning his heart, drive and determination...that's fighting words as fas as I'm concerned. :mad:

With all due respect, that's complete bull ****. Taylor will play his heart out every second he's on a football field. Questioning his heart, drive and determination...that's fighting words as fas as I'm concerned. :mad:
I'm not questioning Taylors heart and dedication. I'm just thinking about this logically.

Think of it this way.

If you are 33 years old and playing on a sinking ship team like the Mammals would it not serve you well to think about moving on to greener pastures?

Of course.

So, with the goal now being to move on would it not make sense to do whatever is possible to force the team that you are trying to leave to let you go to whatever greener pasture you wish to go to?

Of course.

So, what better way to force the issue than to sell yourself as "over the hill" so that you leave no doubt in the minds of the team that you wish to leave that you aren't worth the $7.5M base salary you are scheduled to pocket next year.

Taylor is a great, hard working player.

I'd love to see him in a Pats uniform, and suspect BB would too.

I'm not questioning Taylors heart and dedication. I'm just thinking about this logically.

Think of it this way.

If you are 33 years old and playing on a sinking ship team like the Dolphins would it not serve you well to think about moving on to greener pastures?

Of course.

So, with the goal now being to move on would it not make sense to do whatever is possible to force the team that you are trying to leave to let you go to whatever greener pasture you wish to go to?

Of course.

So, what better way to force the issue than to sell yourself as "over the hill" so that you leave no doubt in the minds of the team that you wish to leave that you aren't worth the $7.5M base salary you are scheduled to pocket next year.

Again, you're using fighting words. Mammals? I was told to not use the term "Patsies" and remove my "cheaters" sig and did so out of respect for the site, can I get a little of the same in return?

Well if I had any pride in myself or what I do, which I do, I would compete my ass off. What kind of a man gives up on himself, teamates, and coaches? That's Randy Moss, not Jason Taylor.

What kind of a man gives up on himself, teamates, and coaches? That's Randy Moss, not Jason Taylor.

Woah, don't drag Randy into this.

Since when is it respectful to drag up someone's past when they are clearly, in the present, acting in a very mature, responsible manner?

Be careful fishy.

Woah, don't drag Randy into this.

Since when is it respectful to drag up someone's past when they are clearly, in the present, acting in a very mature, responsible manner?

Be careful fishy.

That's my perception of Randy and it always will be. When things are going his way, offensively, he's been great; but then again, who wouldn't be?

Haven't you ever heard the saying "A man's true character is revealed in defeat?"

Randy was the biggest scrub in the game during his final year in Minnesota and in his 2 years in Oakland.

"No one else cares so why should I?"

"I play when I want to."

Next time I'll shake my **** at them."

My opinion will change if Brady is gone, Cassell is the QB and the Patriots finish 5-11 and Moss is still all happy go lucky.

Originally Posted by LA Pats Fan:
NE will likely win 2 or 3 in next 5 years or so.

replied Aqua4Ever04:
slow down there partner. You speak as if winning Super Bowls is easy. To claim any team will likely get multiple Super Bowls in a 5 year span is a bit of a stretch.

Hey Aqua...with your record of predictions on this board, it is laughable that you are calling out someone else for making a prediction which is actually not that much of a stretch as some of your rosy Dolphins predictions have been.

At least this is an informed prediction, relying on several years of data points, related to getting into, or almost into, the big dance.

Let's face it, for the next few years, we may only be 2 playoff games away from the big dance each year, assuming we can be a top 2 AFC seed, 3 games if lower. LA Pats' prediction doesn't seem as far-fetched as predicting the Dolphins will have a winning record anytime soon.

When do you predict the Dolphins, Jets, or Bills will be be in a class to truly vie for the AFC East. Be honest now.

Again, you're using fighting words. Mammals? I was told to not use the term "Patsies" and remove my "cheaters" sig and did so out of respect for the site, can I get a little of the same in return?

Sorry, I haven't been keeping up on all the policies in here. But I will respect your no Mammals request.

What kind of a man gives up on himself, teamates, and coaches?

A man who is perhaps desperate to get out of a very bad situation in Miami only to rekindle his career elsewhere.

Last year there may have only been 2 or 3 players that were bigger game changers than JT. 9 forced fumbles, 2 INTs taken to the house and 13.5 sacks? He changed 6 games last year otherwise the Fins could've been 0-16. He's slowed down a bit, but JT has been a monster game changer in his career.

If the Pats had JT last year, they probably would have still lost against Indy. If the Pats had Moss last year, they probably would have won against Indy.

Again, it's not enough of an upgrade at linebacker to issue a 1st round. If you guys cut him, I'd be more than glad to have him on this team but I don't think you guys are going to get what you think you're going to get for him unless the Redskins want him. If you can't make the trade, you'll cut him and everyone knows it. That alone makes his stock drop.

I totally agree. It is funny though. Both the Rams and Colts have run up the score in years they were the best offenses in the league, but I have never seen it as much of a big deal from the media and fans of other teams before this year with the Pats.

This is true. The reason is, many people in the media like to use the Pats to show their morality. Most notably the major idiots like Easterbrook, King, and Florio, but there are many others as well.

It seems to me like Jason Taylor is sick of the Dolphins. There is no doubt in my mind he is gone after this season. Hopefully he plays well the rest of the way so we can get a first rounder for him.

Can you blame him really? The Dolphins have gone from proud franchise to complete joke in the past 3 years. Cam Cameron will finish the job...awful football coach. We'll take Taylor and hell even Thomas can play for us for a year to get a ring. Hell of a player.

Sorry, I haven't been keeping up on all the policies in here. But I will respect your no Mammals request.

A man who is perhaps desperate to get out of a very bad situation in Miami only to rekindle his career elsewhere.

He knows he can go to the front office and ask for a trade it would be honored with almost 99% certainty.

I understand your premise, I just don't think you understand the type of pride these players play with, especially Jason.

He knows he can go to the front office and ask for a trade it would be honored with almost 99% certainty.

How do you figure a request by Taylor to be traded to the Patriots for a 2nd day pick would go over?

Can you blame him really? The Dolphins have gone from proud franchise to complete joke in the past 3 years. Cam Cameron will finish the job...awful football coach. We'll take Taylor and hell even Thomas can play for us for a year to get a ring. Hell of a player.

This team you are seeing isn't a result of Cam Cameron's doings, it's Dave Wannstedt and Rick Speilman's fault and no one elses. Other than Vernon Carey and Ronnie Brown, who did that regime draft that has done anything?

Cam's done a wonderful job of turning this offense around. The offensive line has been just short of briliant this season, it's a top 15 unit this season undoubtedly. He has taught effeciency and effectiveness in the running game and the passing game is slowly coming along as well. When he gets some better players to execute his system, (John Beck in at QB, the continued progression of Ted Ginn and a free agent TE and maybe WR) this offense will be top 10.

It's the defense you have to blame. Nick Saban did more than we thought on defense and Dom Capers is absolutely incapable to throw in various looks. I'm so sick of watching the defense get burned, then see zero adjustments or adapting. If Miami can hit in the next draft on defense, they will compete in 2009 and possibly 2008.

I will say this, I'm excited to finally have some offensive continuity and resolve. It's just too bad we were 1 year too late.

How do you figure a request by Taylor to be traded to the Patriots for a 2nd day pick would go over?

It's not like Taylor has to go the Patriots. There are other teams that can compete. Don't you think the Colts would love to add Taylor?

“That’s what you should do,” he said. “You shouldn’t be conservative and sit back just because you have a lead. They took Tommy out for a while and they put him back in because of the interception. That’s what the game is.

“If you don’t want people to run the score up, then stop them. I have no problem with it.”

Amen.

Pure Class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not like Taylor has to go the Patriots. There are other teams that can compete. Don't you think the Colts would love to add Taylor?
Well, I was working on the premise talked about earlier that the Pats would be the team that Taylor would want to end his career with.

Well, I was working on the premise talked about earlier that the Pats would be the team that Taylor would want to end his career with.

Ah! Well the point I'm arguing is that Jason isn't going to lay down and die to force a trade, that's not the type of person he is. Everyone from players, staff and the fans know this defense has to be rebuilt, if anything Jason will play his ass off to up his value to help this team get going in the right direction.

Are you telling me you wouldn't have given up a first rounder for JT after the kind of year he had last year?
Yes.

Moss is over 30, would you give up a first for him?
No.

We gave a fourth for Moss, and probably would give a fourth for Jason Taylor, IF he reduced his salary, which is way to high.

I know you don't believe this, but one of the problems with your team is paying too much for some guys, and not enough to others. A guy is either breaking the bank, or he is underpaid and wlaks to get a fair salary.

Taylor's salary should have been reduced a long time ago, and you should have tendered Welker higher.

You won't believe it, as I said, but think about it. Your team is 0-7 for a reason.

This team you are seeing isn't a result of Cam Cameron's doings, it's Dave Wannstedt and Rick Speilman's fault and no one elses.
What is killing your team today is not having a QB. It wasn't Wannstedt or Speilman who took and average punt returner instead of a franchise QB.

Your first round pick in last year's draft made everyone in New England happy.

It was the dumbest thing since you gave up two first rounders for Williams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes