PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jason Taylor: On possibility of playing with Jets...

Status
Not open for further replies.
L to the O to the L

For realz, yo. Not happenin'

I would have believed you if only you'd said "book it" or "write it down".

That's MAYBE year two money on a deal with Pep.

Taylor is trying to play it cool. I think he still envisions himself

as one of the elite players in the NFL and should be paid accordingly.

He was being paid millions by the Redskins but his 'heart' was with the Dulphins? The hell with him.

Maybe his heart will be with his dancing with the stars comrades next year. Who needs this nonsense? He's probably washed up anyway.

Yes, the Jest have won the Jets/Dolphins championship games more often. Last year when there was a real championship at stake, the Jest came up a little short.

As did the Pats.:rolleyes:

I guess when you have been to ZERO SB's in 40 years, which means they have won ZERO AFC Championship "owning" Miami, except when it counts, is something to cling on to.:D

Who is the troll here again?:)

As did the Pats.:rolleyes:

Who is the troll here again?:)

Nope, the Patriots finished at 11-5, tied for first and beat the Fins the second time around. The first time was the debut of the Wildcat and Cassel was still getting his feet wet.

What was the Jest reason for their loss? They knew the Wildcat was coming and they had their QB all season.

OK, the reason the Jest lost was they had their QB all season.:rofl:

Last edited:
The fact Taylor checked Miami scores after Redskins - to me is a huge red flag.
Either he doesn't care about winning and just wants to play for the Fins OR more likely he didn't believe in the Skins - who does?

If he comes to NE, he needs to have his heart into it and dedicate himself to winning. AS in don't check Dolphins scores!!

If he loves Miami so bad Parcells knows it and will lowball JT, if JT does not accept the lowball offer (doubt he will, after all he's a probowler and championship caliber dancer) and thinks he can come play here despite his heart being in Miami I would tell him 'Thanks but no thanks. Go get Miami season tickets that way you don't have to check the score'.

BB has always said he looks for football players first. Passion for the game.
Well, lack of heart is a lack of passion and I would not want that in my locker room.

Last edited:
The fact Taylor checked Miami scores after Redskins - to me is a huge red flag.
Either he doesn't care about winning and just wants to play for the Fins OR more likely he didn't believe in the Skins - who does?

If he comes to NE, he needs to have his heart into it and dedicate himself to winning. AS in don't check Dolphins scores!!

If he loves Miami so bad Parcells knows it and will lowball JT, if JT does not accept the lowball offer (doubt he will, after all he's a probowler and championship caliber dancer) and thinks he can come play here despite his heart being in Miami I would tell him 'Thanks but no thanks. Go get Miami season tickets that way you don't have to check the score'.

BB has always said he looks for football players first. Passion for the game.
Well, lack of heart is a lack of passion and I would not want that in my locker room.

I'm willing to bet that Tom "'F'ing" Brady would be scanning the Patriots scores after games if BB traded him to the Redskins.

I'd really like to know how they'll afford $8M when they only have $6M or so in cap space. . . . :)

Yeah, I don't see ANY way in the world we give Taylor 8 mill per. I think something around 5-6 would be absolute maximum. I think if they were trying to spend that kind of money, they'd go after Peppers harder. Not only do we not have the cap space, but there's no way Taylor is worth that much.

I could see something around a bit more than what Vrabel was making, this is how I get the 5-6 per value. We would have to make some adjustments just to get that 5-6 per yr deal done, but I wouldn't totally count it out.

FWIW--I think both of these players are unlikely at this point, but I'm not counting Taylor out.

Say what you will I really like it that at least some players take these hated rivalries strongly like us fans. Although Ty Law was up there as one of the handful of best CBs we ever had, it really irked me that during a game he would pal around with hated rivals, e.g. Keyshawn. I guess I was the kind of hacker player who during the game did not show deference to hated oponents.

Or even worse Bruschi hugging Manning after the AFC championship game. It's actually good sportsmanship, but I have anger issues I need to deal with and that didn't help.

Well, with 1,000 posts so far this offseason on Jason Taylor, not sure what I'm adding, but do any of you really seriously think there is any possibility he will be a Patriot? I have it at about 0.0 percent -- just about a tie for the possibility that I thought the Pats would really end up playing in Hartford. Just not going to happen.

After a face-saving period in which Parcells won't look like he caved into demands by a prima donna to skip off-season training, Taylor will sign and return to the Dolphins.

I think if BB wantd him a deal would be already in place. I would pass on him and go the draft route.

I hate the Jets with a Passion and i rather see J Peppers than J Taylor

┌∩┐(◣..◢)┌∩┐

Or even worse Bruschi hugging Manning after the AFC championship game. It's actually good sportsmanship, but I have anger issues I need to deal with and that didn't help.

Silly me, I thought Bru was tryin' to choke the folker

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye