PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jason Taylor: I Regret Not Signing With Coach Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady'sButtBoy

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
On PFT this evening while discussing the Patriots and the Seahawks and their respective coaches, Taylor said he "regrets not signing with coach Belichick" when he was a free agent. A super star talent like Taylor and he never made it to a SB. You could see there was a bit of humble pie in his expression as if the money he got elsewhere made little difference now when he sees how important it would have been to play in the 'big game.' Feeling is mutual Jason - I regret you never played for the Pats.

Future star FA's - are you listening?

Eh! I think it is Super Bowl week fodder. He had multiple chances to sign with the Patriots. First, he wanted to go back to Miami even after they traded him away. Then he wanted to play for Rex Ryan. Then the Pats didn't want him and he finished his career in Miami.

I wanted the Pats to sign him at one point, but he clearly didn't want to play here.

He would have been a good fit here too. When he left KC, I think the Pats were a little short on TE's. He played in a couple of playoff games in Atlanta but did he ever play in the SB?

We regret it too. It would have been glorious.

Oh well, I think these guys are thinking that way because they see what use the Pats are making of these free agents -- such as Revis, Lafell, Blount, etc.

Luckily for Blount and the Pats he came back to New England with open arms after he was dropped by Pittsburgh. Steelers fans feel bitter that they let him go and now he is thriving in the postseason for us!!

Steelers fans react to Blount prospering with Pats:
http://pittsburgh.suntimes.com/pit-...s/7/114/70124/steelers-fans-blount-reactions/

I always respected Taylor, great player, I wish he would've signed with us.
Cerebral player like himself would've thrived under BB - hindsight is 20/20, Jason..

Sometimes the Pats propel a Darelle Revis or a Randy Moss, othertimes we have an Adalius Thomas or Chad Ochocinco. Success and Super Bowls aren't guaranteed.

It would have been fun to see Taylor on the Pats. I'm glad he's speaking up for us now.

give it a couple of years, and you'll hear the same tune from Mike Wallace as well...

If Jason Taylor had played for the Pats all those years instead of against them, Matt Light might be considered the best LT of all time. (half joking)

Sorry, Jason. You had numerous opportunities. Life's a ***** and then you die.

On PFT this evening while discussing the Patriots and the Seahawks and their respective coaches, Taylor said he "regrets not signing with coach Belichick" when he was a free agent. A super star talent like Taylor and he never made it to a SB. You could see there was a bit of humble pie in his expression as if the money he got elsewhere made little difference now when he sees how important it would have been to play in the 'big game.' Feeling is mutual Jason - I regret you never played for the Pats.

Future star FA's - are you listening?

I was shocked that he didn't sign with the Patriots. He and Belichick seemed to have such a good relationship.

From his mouth to gods ears. Were on to Arizona. EDIT: Were in Arizona.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back