PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jason Smith ESPN Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFan24

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
If there was ANYTHING on overnight radio into monday morning i would listen to that, but there is not so i listen to this clown. He just gave his "lame ball" of the week to brady. not that i disagree with that...but he goes on to say that every time the patriots are losing brady screams at his players and that when he loses he blames everyone else for the team losing. he does not know what was said....just assumes. since when did brady go to the media and throw his players under the bus like manning has? or like the giants have this year? never. but this guy talks like brady blames everyone else for his play. what a bunch of bull****. this is a guy who takes about 10 phone calls in a 5 hour show and just repeats himself every hour. what a douche. too bad there is nothing worthwile on overnight sports radio during the week, and nothing worth a **** on epsn period.

The guy is a boob, if he would have listen to Brady's press conf, after he would have heard Brady take some of the heat..

well he is a jets fan so thats prob part of his bias. he also said that the pats were pretty much done and sarcasticly said "thanks to the patriots for participating in this years nfl season" or something along those lines. he said they were done. it is like hearing a bad morning zoo radio show but sports. its so bad for some reason i have to listen. at least he gets john clayton on

Hehe... he is a good friend of mine. And yes, he is a Jets fan. Take it for what it's worth, but he's a very good guy. It's radio, and I am sure he has to fill the time.

Anyway, you're all entitled to your own opinions, but I'll bust his chops next time I see him. We always have it out Pats/Jets. The Herm years were great. ;)

Hehe... he is a good friend of mine. And yes, he is a Jets fan. Take it for what it's worth, but he's a very good guy. It's radio, and I am sure he has to fill the time.

Anyway, you're all entitled to your own opinions, but I'll bust his chops next time I see him. We always have it out Pats/Jets. The Herm years were great. ;)

Tell your friend to prepare for his show more....yes, he is funny at timesand the banter with the studio can be 'smart' but he is still a Jets fan so he will never be anything more than a young Joe Beningo (see WFAN radio in NY between 10am and 1pm).

I pretty much resort to listening to ESPN Radio by default for that 4-5:30 am timeslot and heard him say it this morning.

I don't agree with his premise but what he actually said was that whenever TB has a bad game, not necessarily that when the Pats are losing, he is often seen on the sidelines yelling at the guys. He went on to say that it's as is TB knows the cameras will be on him when he's fuming and that allows him to spread the blame around without having to say anything. It stemmed from Jason Taylor's comments about how they know they're doing their job when they see TB storming the sidelines.

I actually miss listening to Benigno on the overnights even though he's a rabid Jest fan. Of course it was mostly him ranting about how awful they were and how they continue to screw things up.

he doesn't know what he's talking about.

first off, nobody takes care of his linemen like TB.

second, if your qb isn't barking in a game like that, it means the team doesn't think they're good. The day he just accepts losing in pathetic fashion is officially the end of this run we're on.

you don't compliment guys when it reinforces the opposite way they should be playing.

everything happens in context. when peyton screams at his guys you have to ask what he's done to earn their respect, he calls his team out in public (THIS is the problem), he doesn't celebrate with them when they make plays that make him look good, you won't see Glenn or Saturday starring in any of his commercials anytime soon, etc... anyone who thinks qbs are supposed to sit there and accept losing is a joke and should be laughed off the air...it's the position of leadership that everyone looks to when the team is getting beaten up...are we folding the tents and going home or fighting...are we men or frauds?...has jason smith ever played a team sport?...has he ever been to war or faced any adversity with other men before?...Tom was doing his job out there as well as any of us could possibly ask...guess what, getting beaten up isn't fun, it challenges your manhood, it's ugly, sorry Tom doesn't oblige Mr. Smith by giving everyone a courtesy butt slap for their effort...if Smith had bothered to watch Tom and the Pats for the past 6 years, instead of simply catching the highlight capsule on Sunday's game, he might actually have a clue...then again, it's his job to say stupid things, so who knows...this could be why he's not on primetime.

boy I'm really fired up about these national media types who have been waiting in the weeds like vultures to jump on the pats. god help them if we do reload next year.

Last edited:
This is not necessarily untrue - he WAS barking at his guys. Brady does jump on the guys when they are playing like crap...and what is wrong with that??? He is the Field General and he was getting his arse kicked around yesterday. I don't see this as a negative, it is called leadership. He did this at Michigan as I recall and he probably did it in High School. It was not the first time and will not be the last time you see Tom Brady upset and yelling at the guys.

He has only lost, what 26 games in the last six years and out of them probably a handful this badly, so there is nothing wrong with it. Yeah, it looks strange and to some like he is losing it and that the wheels are falling off because it has so rarely happened in his career as the Patriots starting QB!

This guy can't win...when he sits on the bench looking somber, he has bad body language and is sleepwalking. When he gets emotional he is an arsehole to his teammates. All I know is that he has been the most successful player at this early stage of his career than any other player in NFL history. He must be doing something right!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye