PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jason Cole's secondary rankings - let the disrespect begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly don't think this secondary is top 10 but think 22 is too low....I would say about 17th in the league barring to see what the rookies do and who gets cut ect:.

ditto

I think it amusing that Cole thinks that the Jets struck gold with Cromartie, who has declined since his break out year. Not only that but the guy gives up on tackles much of the time - in my book Bodden >>>>> Cromartie. He also glosses over the loss of Kerry Rhodes who was a decent safety but his replacement has some proving to do. Funny that Rhodes didnt give a 100% and they lose him and add a secondary resource with the same problem and attitude.

Another appeal to the emotions goes in his comment on the Jets depth, which "could be great with Dwight Lowery and Kyle Wilson" since obviously the Jets highest draft pick is going to be better than the Pats draft pick who is a gamble (although taken ahead of Wilson). I remember comparing McCourty and Wilson and thinking we got the right one. Wilson's great strength is in Special Teams where he may be able to make up for the loss of Washington (but I doubt it).

I do think Revis island is real - and deserving of respect, as to some degree are the line and linebackers but the rest of the secondary is decent but not elite, so putting them at 1 flattering them a bit. Top 3-5 yes.

Pats - I agree with other posters that they need to prove themselves as a unit before they can be above average. Having said that 22 is low, but late teens would be more appropriate with Merriweather, Sanders, Chung, Bodden and Butler and Wilhite (definitely not lower 3rd of the league as Coles would have it).

it's not that i'm saying our secondary is top 10 but saying we have no one and need to find long term starters while discounting butler and mcourty and bodden. Then going on to say pittsburg's secondary is top 10 when they only have polamalu (who is awsome) but that's it, just is a little rich for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes