PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jarvis Green talks Pats and Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
He was on T & R this morning on 98.5. Says when he went Denver he expected it to be similar to NE. but Josh McDaniels did things much differently and basically said it was a bad experience. Said in NE you had to have thick skin because players always made fun of each other. Also said NE facilities had great food FWIW. But he did say the Pats say no to a lot of endorsements for their players.

He was on T & R this morning on 98.5. Says when he went Denver he expected it to be similar to NE. but Josh McDaniels did things much differently and basically said it was a bad experience. Said in NE you had to have thick skin because players always made fun of each other. Also said NE facilities had great food FWIW. But he did say the Pats say no to a lot of endorsements for their players.

Huh?

Didn't Heath Evans say that the Patriots worked with him in terms of marketing/business opportunities?

Last edited:
There's gotta be more to it. The Patriots would probably figure that contract negotiations would be easier if players were making more money outside. I could see them rejecting some endorsements that hurt the image though. Like the double stuff Oreo commercials that Peyton and his Bro do. I would not want my players simulating oral sex on TV.

Huh?

Didn't Heath Evans say that the Patriots worked with him in terms of marketing/business opportunities?

In some towns, the players as a group show up at events also players get radio shows that are through the team. I know that when I was in Miami a few years back one of their players had a Thursday Night radio show (can't remember which one) and there was a club where the Dolphins players showed up as a group. This was during the season. I am sure this is the type of endorsement stuff he is talking about. During the season it is a distraction.

Last edited:
Was just about to post this; here's the link to the audio:

Toucher & Rich: Jarvis Green On Denver, The Patriots, This Year’s Draft | CBS Boston

The conversation includes Josh McDaniels, Randy Moss, twitter, difference between the Pats and Broncos, rookies attending the upcoming draft, and a charity he is working with.

Says he was misled prior to deciding to go to Denver and 'it was a lost cause' with the key players being traded. He said everything was different than in New England, and he didn't understand why; the guys who were former Pats were confused and didn't understand why that was so.

Green said he thought Moss may have been a scapegoat in Minnesota; never any problems in New England.

He also said he did lose endorsement deals while in New England; he said any endorsements had to be approved by Pats management and in most cases they said no.

Green was asked if Brady has changed as his celebrity grew and he emphatically said no; he said Brady is a very down to earth guy and 'would give you the keys to his car'.

Green then talked about a wine tasting he has on the 19th in Seekonk to benefit single working mothers.

At the end he was asked about the boycotting of the NFL draft and rookies, and said it would be a tough call in regards to that decision.

Last edited:
Jarvis Green is an idiot. That is all :)

No doubt, the chefs used illegal ingredients :D .

Jarvis Green is an idiot. That is all :)

I have to spend less time reading these posts. My bad. Reading posts with personal attacks on a former player who is a good citizen and active member of numerous charities. Not a good use of my time.

Last edited:
I have to spend less time reading these posts. My bad. Reading posts with personal attacks on a former player who is a good citizen and active member of numerous charities. Not a good use of my time.

Ditto.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back