PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jarvis Green signed by Broncos [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a Jarvis Green fan, like so many. He didn't play up to his standards last year, and if that was NOT injury related (he implied that he played hurt all year), then that's a ton of dough for what he gave.

I'm happy that he got the big pay day, but not exactly devastated that he's gone. I wish him well though.

Nice guy but he's not worth that money for the Pats. I think that type of money is much better spent on TBC. Good luck in Denver, except when you're facing the Pats!

Jarvis was a good soldier and a good DLman. Everyone can't be elite, and he earned his keep playing behind an oft injured elite DE and in rotations. Lots of people screeched when he got his Seymour insurance extension but he was well worth it comparatively speaking. Great locker room and community guy too. He's clearly worth more to Denver at this juncture because Josh needs help installing the system and since he was kind enough not to raid the mentor's pantry in his rookie year I hope they end up 1-2 with KC in the AFCW.

I would L-O-V-E to see Den & KC finish ahead of Uncle Al & Phil Rivers.

As for Jarvis, it sure looked like his game had deteriorated, whether due to injury or age or whatever. And it's true that he is worth more to Den than he is to us. So I'll say Thanks for 2003 & 2004, and take the comp pick in 2011. Time for a 2010 draft pick to become our #3 DE.

Last edited:
Green was a solid backup, I remember getting excited when he came in for plays but its time to move on. Once again it's good pickup for Josh along with Jamal Williams...

I'm happy for him, good soldier as has been said. Seems to have burnt out as a top pass rusher, but we forget, he often had to substitute for Seymour and that can't have been easy. Not saying he was great at it, but it's a good way to get beat up, I imagine.

We need some youth and fire and he deserves a soft landing somewhere.

Re: Jarvis Green signed by Broncos

This is a move that's good for the Broncos, Green AND the Patriots.
That sums it up perfectly.

So Jarvis's agent advertised him as a "nickle rushing" defensive lineman. The role Belichick defined for him. I think this was more than Jarvis looking for more money ... if he spent another year here would he have seen the field over Myron Pryor? Sure he did last year as we did not really replace Seymour. But surly one of our top 4 picks will be for the D-Line and who would sit - Pryor or Green?

One more year here could have meant out of the league for Jarvis so he had to go and he knew it and he made some money doing it. I don't get the money he received ... way overpaid. People who analyze film say Jarvis got blown out trying to set the edge ... he couldn't do it. He got mauled by LT's.

This is a head scratcher and Pioli will come to regret this move. However - I always wondered how Jarvis would do if he was a pass rushing DE on a more regular basis ... would he or could he be a 10+ sack guy if he rushed more often?

Am I seeing this right?

Last edited:
Say Buh-bye to Jarvis now. It's a long commute to the Reebok Main Office now. All the best to him and his family.

We'll all say "hello" to Jared Odrick in April. The Penn State DE is 6'5" 310 and will be in the rotation early on. The sting of Ray Rice flattening the Right Defensive side will not be allowed to linger long unabated.

WR, OLB, RB in Round #2 and this team will be stacked and ready to compete.

His performances were on the steady decline at New England. A change of scenery may just be the tonic for Green to get back to his best.

that is not my point anyway.

He was a 4th rd pick who developed into a nickle pass rusher for us. He was resigned as a Nickle pass rusher in our system.Now he was signed as a Nickel pass rusher by another team . I miss the point of everyone saying he was 3-4 starting end. Untill seymour trade/injury he has always played the same role.

that is not my point anyway.

He was a 4th rd pick who developed into a nickle pass rusher for us. He was resigned as a Nickle pass rusher in our system.Now he was signed as a Nickel pass rusher by another team . I miss the point of everyone saying he was 3-4 starting end. Untill seymour trade/injury he has always played the same role.

Yup ....................... :ditto:

To describe Jarvis, I would say he was a "solid JAG role player" but I'm not sure "solid JAG" isn't an oxymoron...:p

yes: solid playier, good soldier - good luck for the future Jarvis !

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes