PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jarvis Green is Our New Closer

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick4

Banned
Reaction score
As some of us forgot (myself included), Jarvis Green is a monster pass rusher. He totaled 3 official sacks in limited play, but also made other disruptions that weren't counted statistically.

I think Corey Dillon often gets a lot of credit for his 'clock killin' to end a game that we lead, but we should also recognize Jarvis Green for this game as well as his overall ability to destroy the pocket and get to the QB.

Actually Willie McGuinest was our previous "closer" at least on defense.

Always liked Jarvis. Great day for him 3 sacks 1 forced fumble which he
recovered and a number of tackles. He can move!

Green has been one of my favorite players for three years now. He would be starting most everywhere else in the league. Also lets not forget the move BB and Pioli made by signing this guy long term a year ago. Nobody mentions this but that was one of the best moves the've made. Jarvis can play.

PatsMan26 said:
Green has been one of my favorite players for three years now. He would be starting most everywhere else in the league. Also lets not forget the move BB and Pioli made by signing this guy long term a year ago. Nobody mentions this but that was one of the best moves the've made. Jarvis can play.
Whats he signed through?

Also Mike Wright playing the super sub today did tremendous.

zippo59 said:
Actually Willie McGuinest was our previous "closer" at least on defense.

Possibly. This year, I think Jarvis is mainly responsible for last game's new defensive intensity and pressure on the QB. Once we get any kind of lead, Jarvis will be harrassing the QB in the 3rd and 4th quarter!

Last edited:
Ive often notice how much faster the defense is to get to the QB when Jarvis lines up. we need to find a way to utilize him more often.

Franchise12 said:
Ive often notice how much faster the defense is to get to the QB when Jarvis lines up. we need to find a way to utilize him more often.
Jarvis is the f'in man. 3 sacks within seven minutes to go.

Does anyone no for how long Jarvis is signed?

Born_a_Patriot said:
Does anyone no for how long Jarvis is signed?
He was extended, we have him through 2009. :D

He's so valuable because he's our only defensive lineman that you can really call a speed rusher. He's very quick and usually seems to come through in big situations.

We have the best defensive line in the league. Where is the flaw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes