PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jarvis Green is a STUD. Seymour, take your time coming back buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bingo. And they're not the same type of player either. Seymour is 6'6" and over 300 lbs. Green is more a traditional DE pass rusher with versatility.

Green is not just a backup, he is a situational player who got 7.5 sacks last year.

Warren and Wilfork have improved and Green gives us a devastating rotation, but there's no reason to dog Seymour.

He played last season with a bad ankle, a knee that needed surgery and a hyper extended elbow that required him to wear a piece of furniture on his arm.

I will agree that some team, especially a 4-3 team, might want to go after Jarvis, which is why we gave him a contract deemed to large for a backup by many here.

He's not a backup. He is, along with Sey, Wilfork and Warren, part of the most devastating DL rotation of the 21st century.

Exactly! :eat3:

I like Jarvis and think hes as good a pass rusher as Seymour but I really wish we had big Sey (and Harrison) next week vs SD. We'll have to play a complete team effort defensively with them out. Rivers looked very sharp today vs the Bears (got killed with 4-5 drops) so we'll need all we can get on D vs them.

I want Seymour back ASAP. However, in the meantime, I am very glad that we have Seymour, Wright, and for that matter Smith.

Re: Jarvis Green is a STUD.

Someone needs to point out that Sanders did a fine job standing in as well.

OK - talk of not needing Seymour is getting a little silly.

Jarvis as we all know could start on most any other team... combine this with playing alongside Wilfork and Warren and there's no need for real concern in Seymour's absence

But no offense to Jarvis, Seymour's on a completely different level. I want him back, healthy for the playoffs - and a few tuneup games before hand.

This thread is trash, Bledsoe is too good a player to mention it a good contribution to the team that he sit on the bench for Tom who is a good player. Brady are the type of players you hope will be there for an injury but some just can't have it like that.
Umm, wait a minute... is it not possible for a backup to come in and play better than the guy he replaced, not matter how mythically studly the starter was?

Umm, wait a minute... is it not possible for a backup to come in and play better than the guy he replaced, not matter how mythically studly the starter was?

We didn't exactly know what Brady was capable of until he got the chance. We know what both seymour and jarvis are and what they offer.

Two completely different situations there. Jarvis is not and will not be any time soon better than nor more valuable than Seymour to this team. But he performs great in his role in this system and he's an asset to the d-line.

He did looked good today. He is quick to the ball.

Last edited:
OK - talk of not needing Seymour is getting a little silly.

Jarvis as we all know could start on most any other team... combine this with playing alongside Wilfork and Warren and there's no need for real concern in Seymour's absence

But no offense to Jarvis, Seymour's on a completely different level. I want him back, healthy for the playoffs - and a few tuneup games before hand.

It's not entirely silly. Green does nothing other than produce. He disrupts, he sacks, he's clutch. The fact is that we DON'T need Seymour. The fact that we do is a blessing. Jarvis is a star, and he has been for at least three years. He makes plays. Seymour may be the best DL in the league, but the fact that results miss nary a beat whilst he's gone, is proof to this. Jarvis Green has surprassed Willie G in timely excellence. I really don't understand why he hasn't garnered more Schaub-like league-wide appreciation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots