Status
Not open for further replies.

Seneschal2

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Hot off the Wire - Fantasy Football News

NFL | Lots of interest in J. Gilbert
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 05:16:14 -0700

San Jose State DL Jarron Gilbert will hold individual workouts with the San Diego Chargers, Detroit Lions, New England Patriots, Dallas Cowboys, New Orleans Saints, Pittsburgh Steelers and Kansas City Chiefs in April.
---

Thought we ought to give him his own thread -- just in case.

Opinions please...

Count me a fan. It seems like it took Gilbert a little while to grow up and find his position, but by his senior year he was a team captain who was finding his way past double-teams into the backfield at an extraordinary rate. He's a legitimate 6'5" with long arms and rare explosiveness. He has started at both DT and DE. He's a smidgen on the light side, but 12 pounds heavier than Jarvis Green coming out of college -- and 2 inches taller.

With the proliferation of 3-4 defenses I'd wager Gilbert's a legitimate 1st-round possibility and unlikely to last past the middle of round 2.

Count me a fan. It seems like it took Gilbert a little while to grow up and find his position, but by his senior year he was a team captain who was finding his way past double-teams into the backfield at an extraordinary rate. He's a legitimate 6'5" with long arms and rare explosiveness. He has started at both DT and DE. He's a smidgen on the light side, but 12 pounds heavier than Jarvis Green coming out of college -- and 2 inches taller.

With the proliferation of 3-4 defenses I'd wager Gilbert's a legitimate 1st-round possibility and unlikely to last past the middle of round 2.

I don't know anything about scouting players, but from what I've seen on some of draft highlight video's that you posted I agree with your assessment. He's my candidate at #23.

You have to be intrigued by his speed and explosiveness. Looks like he's capable of overpowering offensive lineman. The only question is can he two gap. I'd take my chances.

Very athletic and very strong. I wonder if he couldu take over for Seymour if he leaves next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes