PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jared Odrick .. whatcha think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would much rather see BB trade up and take Suh. Suh is a much better player than Odrick and there is little to no chance he gets washed out on any running play.
There's far more chance of Suh getting washed out on a running play than of BB giving up multiple high picks and $40+ MM in guaranteed money for him.

Odrick seems to moving up in the mocks. He seems to be the only 3-4 DE who is ready for prime time.

I'm SO torn between Graham or Odrick at 22.

I haven't seen masses on Odrick, but from what I have seen he seems pretty good at getting to the ball then missing / not finishing the tackle

FWIW I rewatched some of the senior bowl last night, focusing solely on Odrick and unfortunately I really wasn't blown away. He looked solid, don't get me wrong. But he was not making plays like Brandon Graham, or getting penetration like Dan Williams. He was blockable, but didn't give up much ground. Granted he was playing in a 4-3 in this game, not a 3-4 so maybe getting upfield isn't his thing and it doesn't have to be for a 5-tech. Still, nothing about his game made me think we've got to have this guy.

Starting to lean back towards Graham/Hughes after seeing that. I think anyone who expects him to come in and be the next Seymour could be disappointed. I'd say we need a playmaker at 22. Don't want to reach for him just because he has 5-tech size. I think a burner off the edge might be the way to go, and get someone like Carrington later as a RDE of the future. Unfortunately we might have to wait until the 2011 Raiders 1st rounder to get another Seymour.

Odrick, Graham, or CJSpiller. Whoever is still on the board or a tradeout.

Odick is versatile enough to play 4/3 or 3/4. Unfortunately he is likely gone by 22. Graham may also be gone and we all like his motor and passion but not his length. Gone or not, if Spiller is available I would expect BB to pull all stops to trade 22 for multiple picks to someone who really wants him. If no trade is there, BB could take Spiller who is likely the most explosive playmaker this draft. BB would use him primarily as a receiver, Imo.

I think most feel as though Odrick would be an improvement over Wright (at least in the long term). If the front office doesn't believe so, then there is definitely no reason to take him at 22.

I hate these answers. i am sorry to pick on you in particular but they don't give an opinion at all. Of coarse if the front office doesn't think he will be an improvement they will go in another direction that is common sense. The thread is named Odrick what do "you" think.

Personally i like the thought of drafting a de in the 1st round but I am not completely sold on odrick yet so will need to do some more tape

he may even go as high as 9 to the bills who are now runing a 3-4.

This isn't a bad plan at all. I think that Tate should probably be added to the list.

Odrick, Graham, or CJSpiller. Whoever is still on the board or a tradeout.

Last edited:
Right now I'm leaning more towards Graham.

I like the idea of Carrington in the 2nd better than Odrick in the 1st. Just think Carrington has more upside, but I wouldn't be overly upset if we went Odrick in round 1.

Another reason to draft Odrick: If we don't draft him at #22, he might end up as a Jet...

FWIW I rewatched some of the senior bowl last night, focusing solely on Odrick . . . I think anyone who expects him to come in and be the next Seymour could be disappointed.
I would expect more of the next Warren than the next Seymour.

I agree with what you're saying and I would prefer more athletic upside. But I also see more depth at LB with very few 3-4 DE in this draft. I, somewhat reluctantly, am still hoping for Odrick at #22 with a good OLB at 2a as the reverse (getting a non Odrick, good DE at 2a) doesn't look feasible in this draft.

If we got Odrick I wouldn't object to trading two #2s if the right OLB is there in the late first round. I still think Odrick will be gone, though, with so many teams moving to the 3-4.

FWIW I rewatched some of the senior bowl last night, focusing solely on Odrick and unfortunately I really wasn't blown away. I think anyone who expects him to come in and be the next Seymour could be disappointed.

I agree 100%. I watched the LSU Penn State bowl agame and Odrick did next to nothing against a less than average LSU O line. The bottom line is the measurables are great, but the tape is weak.

Let the Jets take him, He will turn Light back into a pro bowl LT.

If we got Odrick I wouldn't object to trading two #2s if the right OLB is there in the late first round. I still think Odrick will be gone, though, with so many teams moving to the 3-4.

I would do this for Hughes. Then maybe a WR like Eric Decker or TE like Gronkowski in the second round? Not bad.

I'd be shocked if Odrick was gone but Brandon Graham was still there.

I think the consensus at this point is indeed that Odrick will be gone and Graham will be available.

Are we all really fine with Graham at 22?

I would do this for Hughes. Then maybe a WR like Eric Decker or TE like Gronkowski in the second round? Not bad.

I'd be shocked if Odrick was gone but Brandon Graham was still there.

I think I am. I know he doesn't fit the BB 3-4 OLB dream specifications, but I think this is a different league now. The Pats were in subpackages as much as they were in a 3-4 base in 2009. So even if he's just used in the role Burgess was in last year, I still think he brings really good value if he can consistently get the to quarterback. I'd be fine drafting Hughes in the 2nd for this role as well. If they develop into early down OLBs great, if not I still think you can get a lot of use out of them.

What concerns me about Odrick is that he was not consistent until 2009. He would disappear for many plays. He also had some off field issues with drinking and being rowdy.

So my concern with him is once he gets his 1st round bonus, will he be dedicated. It's certainly happened before with others. If he has matured and is a dedicated pro, then he would be a player that the Patriots could use at RDE.

I think the consensus at this point is indeed that Odrick will be gone and Graham will be available.

Hell no.

I'd take Hughes at 22 before Graham. Possibly Kindle too. Hell, probably Gresham, Benn, or Tate as well. Possibly Pouncey.

I think Graham will be a fine player for somebody in the NFL. Hughes is definitely the better pass rusher, which is the whole point of us considering an OLB at 22.

Kindle, Graham, hughes, Pouncey are the best pix in my opinion for the patriots at 22, i keep narrowing it down each second

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back