Welcome to PatsFans.com

Jared Loughner

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsWSB47, Jan 10, 2011.

1. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

There's lots more in the article but it's clear this guy was going to blow up some time. I have a feeling political campaign rhetoric and maps were only very minor factors leading to the shooting. That doesn't mean I don't think it's irresponsible but "Palin target eliminated" is pretty knee-jerk in my opinion. In the article it explains that this guy had an obsession with Giffords for years.

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

Palin didn't have a damn thing to do with it the whole world knows that, if an Iceberg explodes and destroys the Empire State Building the democrats will blame Palin, if they knew who Palin was when kennedy got shot they would have blamed her for that too.

LOOK WHAT THIS FREEEDOM LOVING DEMOCRAT BASTARD IS GOING AFTER AGAIN "TALK RADIO" THESE JERKS TRIED IT AND NOBODY LISTENED TO THEIR SLOBBERING SH!T SO THEY WANT IT BANNED.

f-ck you clyburn talk radio is part of Free America, you don't like it because nobody listens to your side. FREEDOM

Clyburn: Words can be danger | The Post and Courier, Charleston SC - News, Sports, Entertainment
  3. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +252 / 3 / -4

that sounds pretty spot on
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

If it does anything to keep her nasaly voice off the TV a bit, I won't object.

Good analogy with the exploding iceberg and ...ummm...the Empire State Building...er...n' stuff....
  5. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

That's easy: global warming. See? It was Palin's fault! (Drill, baby, drill!)
  6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,046 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

The one thing about this case that intrigues me is the level of spying and the algorithms that go with that. Now I would assume, because I don't know, that certain or a numerous amount of buzzwords would get their attention. Like this forum ... there are always 52 - 58 viewing regardless of time of day.

So how do people like this fall through the cracks?

They make posts, YouTubes ... I would guess he browsed some hate the government type sites ... yet he didn't bring up any alarms. Well maybe he did and they were watching him ... we'll never know.

I am all for free speech but some types of privacy kind of need to be breached (internet) to keep us safe. There's no question that the internet has been a candy store for terrorists, perverts, hate type people ... ie ... people dangerous to society.

So ... how did they miss this guy?

Or perhaps their algorithms for catching the buzz words are not good enough?

Kind of rambled but i think I relayed my thoughts ... I don't feel like cleaning it up.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  7. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +556 / 7 / -9

I think it's pretty clear he's a Jets fan, that's how the filters here missed him.

For this phrase alone, I now favor the death penalty:

I'm pretty sure he had issues with grammar. It's rare that one person can be so bad at expressing himself that he can so clearly define his argument as specious in such a single, compact phrase.

One thing we don't have to worry about: he won't make any money writing a book about his crime.

PFnV
  8. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

LOL, That was great.:D I think he phrased it that way to prove that grammar had no such control of his mind.
  9. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, it looks like the left wing circle jerk hoping this was some angry white male republican militia NRA member has come to a quick end.

Jared Loughner, Alleged Shooter in Gabrielle Giffords Attack, Described by Classmate as "Left-Wing Pothead" - Phoenix News - Valley Fever
  10. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +252 / 3 / -4

11. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am not sure how to interpret your comment here, but rest assured I am not buying any characterization that this attack was politically motivated or that the individual is either a left-wing or right-wing loon. He's just an overall loon. But, if you'll please forgive me for repeating my crude euphemism from above, the left sure is doing their best to get a circle jerk going on this guy blaming everyone from Rush Limbaugh to Sarah Palin for what happened.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  12. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +252 / 3 / -4

The classmate calling him a leftwing pothead story is old -- maybe from the day of the event. 13 also posted that today in attempt to call him a lefty (amusingly, in a post where he decried the politicization of this attack).

I agree.

Is that still going on? I haven't been watching or reading the news today.

Well, it's not like any politicians have anything better to do, given how well everything else in the nation is going...
  13. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I actually think the most telling comments on him were the tweets from his classmate in the adult algebra class. She pretty much openly talked about being afraid when he was around and that he is the type who could show up with a gun and start shooting.
    Well, my whole point is that it isn't going on quite as much today as it had been the past few days. And my comments certainly weren't limited just to politicians; I also was intending to include the whole blogosphere and political forums such as this one.

The sad fact is that when something horrible like this happens there are large groups of people trying, with very thinly veiled glee, to do everything they can to blame their political opposition.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  14. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,046 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

Loughner is erad3 in the ATS forums.

Erad3 Member Profile

Strange ... very strange wirings in that guys brain.
  15. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

"Mistrust of government was Loughner's defining conviction, the friends said. He believed the U.S. government was behind 9/11, and worried that governments were maneuvering to create a unified monetary system ("a New World Order currency" one friend said) so that social elites and bureaucrats could control the rest of the world."
  16. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +362 / 11 / -27

Another nutjob that fell through the cracks, perhaps they can now discuss the need to sell 30+ handgun magazines.. but that is doubtful because the NRA will not allow that to happen.

The isolated extremist, who is fueled by the continual messages of hate is a dangerous person.

This guy looks like he is looking for face time, unfortunately there is someone else out there in their mother's basement, thinking about how he or she can get the same pub... so they can add to their cadre of followers on facebook.
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  17. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

I'm not sure anyone is actually saying that,WP. It may be what some people are reading, but I don't think that's the overall message.

What they're saying is the kind of talk that comes from Sarah and Rush and various politically leaning bloggers and speakers contributes to the looniness of either right or left leaning loons.

Now you and I, being extremely rational and at least moderately intelligent individuals, we see crosshairs on a map and we think, "metaphor" and we process, immediately, what is meant by the symbolism. Same thing if we hear someone talking about voting, but using the term "reloading." Ditto for "use your second ammendment remedies," (although even I have a bit of trouble accepting that as a metaphor for anything.....if you could tell me what that's metaphorically standing in for, please share.)

But the lunatic who is already skewed in a violent manner, who doesn't process information as readily or as intelligently or who simply doesn't understand metaphor, he doesn't substitute the intention meant, he hears only intent exactly as it is spoken. He hears it as validation of his own violent tendencies and, eventually, hears it as permission.

There are so many people who do not understand "figuratively" and only understands "literally," WP, and they are dangerous and those who feed them, even unintentionally, enhance the danger.

They've been told this is so, repeatedly, by people who understand this, and now, with this instance, they've also been shown that there was truth and validity to the fear that someone would eventually act literally upon a figure a speech.

Someone (maybe you?) mentioned in another thread that they wondered how many white people had died as a result of Reverend Wright's rethoric - and that "wonder" alone acknowledges the power of words and the fact that someone can exhort something and be totally removed from the actual act and still be held responsible.
  18. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

The Loons:
    The left wing media, the left wing democrat politicians and all of the face scratching liberals in America want the Right Wing SILENCED in any of it's criticizisim against the left wing, REMEMBER WHAT THOSE LEFT WING BASTARDS THEMSELVES DID TO GW BUSH FOR EIGHT YEARS, they wished everything from plane crashes to cancer on him.

If you have a son, daughter or anybody in your family who is Left Wing Liberal please talk to them, help them.

:bricks:
  19. Boston Boxer

Boston Boxer U.S. Air Force Retired PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +51 / 4 / -1

#75 Jersey

you really sound stupid