Welcome to PatsFans.com

Japanese working too much

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Leave No Doubt, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

12 hour work days apparently have NOT been good for the country's population growth. Canon employees have been told to go home and get busy procreating. Japan's in a recession also, but it seems their collapse is more social in nature. Fascinating,especially when you consider this in the global economic context(buzz words ;)) rather than just in terms of Japan.

I guess we won't be funding any abortions there:confused2:

Workers urged: Go home and multiply - CNN.com

2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

One of my pet-peeves are people who are proud they work 12+ hours a day. It's called "work-a-holism" for a reason. IT'S A SICKNESS, NOT SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF!

My boss actually likes us to work 60+ hours. I guess he feels he's doing a great job if that happens. I've often wanted to call human resources for the various companies I've worked for and ask what their policy is on "work-a-holism". We should be asking "What are we doing to prevent and discourage it?

Especially in these difficult times when people will work longer hours so they don't lose their jobs. It's really sad. I take ALL my vacation every year and I always have. Don't let your job define your life is my motto. Of course I don't tell my employers that!