Welcome to PatsFans.com

Japan to pull troops out of Iraq

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, Jun 17, 2006.

1. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

3. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

Well the Iraqi's are taking a major role in decimating the Al Queda elements in Iraq as we speak. Their Minister of defense has said he hopes all coalition troops will be out by 2008. so of course people are planning on leaving. It almost sounds as if you would be very bitter and angry iif we were to win and get our troops out since you have such hatred of the president and so much emotionally ( I assume it is emotional since there is no logic in your posts) invested inpredicting a US defeat. ;)
  4. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Patsfan13,
    What would you call a victory in Iraq?
    This is a very sincere question.
    How would you describe victory for the US, and do you honestly believe it is possible?
  5. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

A victory in Iraq would be a freely elected govermment providing an enviroemnt when the Iraqi people can persue their lives in a peaceful manner. It would involve, the end of the insurgency and the integration of the Sunni minority with the Kurds and Shia. It would involve not needing the US to provide Internal security any longer. It would involve the destruction of Al Queda in Iraq.
  6. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

In other words, it would involve a course of history that has yet to be embarked on in thousands of years in this part of the world.

Oh yes, and cats and dogs will be living together. You Bushies just don't get it do you?

Shia and Sunni cannot and will not peacefully coexist in Iraq. Duh
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +334 / 1 / -9

What a wonderful thing it would be for DIVERSITY if only we could control Mother Nature and accomplish that, just think of it, Kitty & Doggie happily living with each other, Dukakis & Carter would be rubbing themselves to death with happiness.

Sylvester
    "I love you Pluto"

Pluto
    "I love you too Sylvester"

Pluto
    "Kiss me my darling"

Sylvester
    "Oh God yes"

"Woof Woof" "Meow Meow"

We Shall Overcome
    Deep In My Heart
    I Do Believe
    We Shall Overcome Some Day.
  8. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Originally Posted by Turk
    Patsfan13,
    What would you call a victory in Iraq?
    This is a very sincere question.
    How would you describe victory for the US, and do you honestly believe it is possible?

Sounds great and it is the wish of everyone except for those who benefit (profit) from this war, but you did not answer the last part of my question which is if you believe it to be possible.
  9. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

Missed the last part, yes I do believe it is possible. I think the Al Queda network is being rolled up as we speak. The memo from Zarqwai indicated they were running out of jihadist, not that he is dead and so many cells are being attacked, the positioninthe country is becoming untenable. In addition there are indicatiosn that the Sunni elements are talking about cutting a deal with the Iraqi goverment. I believe that the naming of a Sunni as the Defense Minister is very important in assuring the Sunni they won't be persecuted by the Shia majority.

I also believe that when the US leaves, and other countries see that we didn't go there to colonize or exploit Iraq that will change public perception and expose many of the lies given about our motivation.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2005
  10. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

As you know, I have a whole different perspective and believe strongly that this is not a winnable war, but since you have stated your position clearly, a few more questions for you, then:
    So, you do believe that we will not / should not pay for this war with the Iraqi oil revenue?
    How long is a reasonable time for us to stay in order to get these results?
    How long will the American voter / taxpayer keep supporting this war?
  11. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

1) I think as the oil comes back online the revenue should be used to rebuild the country and generate economic growth. This will pay dividends by increasing our credibility in the region.

2) Honestly I don't know. I hope the Iraqi minister who indicted that our troops could be out by 2008 is correct.

3) Hard to say, it depends on the progress or lack thereof over there. IF the situation stabilizes and most of our troops are out before the next election, it will benefit the pubbies. If not the dems will benefit. This IMO, is why the dems are loathe to give any credit for anything to do with the WOT.
  12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +334 / 1 / -9

No matter how great the victory in Iraq the Sore Losing Liberals will never acknlowedge it, they will forever deny that it is a victory.

If George Bush were to discover the cure for cancer tomorrow afternoon the Hateful Liberals would not accept it.

The clock is ticking on Liberalism, the sleeping giant is waking up, the people are becoming fed up with them, they have been exposed by Cable News, Talk Radio, and the Internet, they are now in the process of self destruction, good riddance.
  13. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I thought there are many fallacious implications in your posting.

I thought you exaggerated the role of Al Queda in Iraq's insurgency. It is an established fact that there was little or no Al Quaeda's presence before America's attack on Iraqi. The emergence of the Zarqwai and Al Queda was the direct result of George Bush's unprovoked invasion of the country. The bottom line is that Al Quada in Iraq and Zarqwai are creation of George Bush.

As to your contention that the "Al Queda network is being rolled up as we speak", I thought this is just another propaganda from the Iraq's America-controlled puppet government. In fact, not only is there NO "rolling up" of Al Quada, there is an increase in insurgency attack. According to Newsmax, a recent Insurgent attack killed at least at least 27 in Iraq.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2006/6/17/155700.shtml?s=lh

I also do not think the "naming of a Sunni as the Defense Minister" has any impact on the insurgency. As I mentioned, the America-controlled puppet government has no credibility with ordinary sunnis.

I also have to disagree with your view that "when the US leaves, and other countries see that we didn't go there to colonize or exploit Iraq that will change public perception and expose many of the lies given about our motivation".

First of all, I believe America will permanently maintain a military presence in Iraq. Iraq is effectively an American colony. Secondly, I don't believe there will be a change in public perceptions because the lies and deceptions perpertuated by George Bush have irrevocably and irreversibly undermined the credibility of this country.
  14. OhExaulted1

OhExaulted1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +240 / 13 / -21

#15 Jersey

It's too bad the head of Al-Queda still survives to inspire more death and destruction throughout the world. If only this Admin could remember him taking responsibilty for 9-11.

Apparently a little white-out to replace his name with Hussein or Zarkawi will satisfy the right base. Good for you guys.
  15. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

The 'facts' you cite are the media 'common wisdom', which is being corteadicted by Iraqi Intellegence Documents which are now being translated.

The rest we can agree to disagree on. I have put my opinion on the table as have others. We will see how things unfold from here.
  16. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

All we both want to see is peace in the region, that is our common denominator, liberal or conservative.
    Having sid that, you are aware of the huge compound we have built for our embassy and the plans for the military bases, and still think that we are going to leave Iraq once (if) peace arrives there?
    The common approach among the conservatives is that Iraqi oil will pay for what we have spent so far; obviously, you disagree with that as well.
    Your intentions and approach are honorable; however, I belive that the intention at the top has very little in common with yours.
    We will respectfully agree to disagree and see things unfold.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2006
  17. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +126 / 7 / -13

I Think our level of involvement will be determined by agreement between the Iraqi and US goverments. As you are aware the presence of Baathist in Syria and the Shia in Iran (who want to be the dominant Shia voice over the Shia in Iraq).

I am not as distrustful of GWB' sintentions as many. Actions will speak louder than words.