Welcome to PatsFans.com

Japan Allows "0" Immigrants per year to become citizens

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Nov 17, 2009.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -9

So think about that while you criticize our policy here in the US.

Does Japan have a right to enforce their policy?

Yes, of course they do!
  2. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +294 / 6 / -5

What's your point?

Japan's task of enforcing their immigration laws is about a million times easier than ours. In case you hadn't noticed, Japan shares no land borders with any other country. Japan also has much less open/developable space than we do.

Finally, Japan lacks a sizable minority population that, as a voting bloc, is pretty much able to keep politicians from passing draconian immigration laws due to fear of a backlash at the polls.
  3. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +315 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

PR, you, too, can have the same type of thing right here in the USA...all you have to do is change our current system of governing to a Parliamentary government with a constitutional monarch.

You know the kind - a government in which members of an executive branch (the cabinet and its leader - a prime minister, premier, or chancellor) are nominated to their positions by a legislature or parliament, and are directly responsible to it; this type of government can be dissolved at will by the parliament (legislature) by means of a no confidence vote or the leader of the cabinet may dissolve the parliament if it can no longer function.

Just what you're looking for, right? Instead of a president we elect, we get a king - and not much say so in any of it.

Oh - and by the way, Japan also has socialized medicine - and participation is compulsory.

Japan Government type - Government
  4. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That entire post had nothing to do with anything he posted...nice try at dodging the discussion though :rolleyes:
  5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

People forget that immigration is what made this country great. Our scientists, workers, business owners ... foreigners who had a dream. yes ... we import some deadwood but we also import greatness. for better or worse we are a country of immigrants and we always will be.

We have no defining culture or religion. Being American means many things to many different people based on where they came from ... or ancestors came from. We don't have a dominant people or a dominant religion ... and look at the problems of the countries that do.

We must continue to be America ... the land of everyone. We are weathering the world's problems as well or better than others ... immigration is not a problem for us ... illegal immigration needs to get controlled but that's a divergent topic.
  6. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

But Pat Buchanan says Americans are really only old White Christian Anglo males!!
  7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Italy would beg to differ about land borders and illegal immigration. Simply put, run a welfare state, and a coddling structure, and you'll get a massive invasion of illegal aliens.
  8. Mabeyitstrue

Mabeyitstrue Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Are we Japan??? If Japan jumps off a bridge are you going too?:rolleyes:

LEAD BY EXAMPLE Who cares what others do.........
  9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -9

The topic of this thread is "Immigration policy"...nothing else.

So in keeping with the topic, the United States has LAWS regarding immigration. We do not have (nor will we ever in our lifetime) have an open-border policy.

So THE question is, why don't we enforce our laws? It is unconstitutional NOT to enforce them. Should we enforce them is another important question.

Look, I do not support a zero immigration policy...I do support enforcement of our current laws.
  10. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -9

No, I agree that we are a country of immigrants. But this thread IS in fact about controlling ILLEGAL immigration. I never stated that I'm against immigration...I fully support LEGAL immigration.
  11. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -9

EXACTLY BOISE....and the example we should be setting is that we have a very generous immigration policy, AND we enforce our immigration laws.
  12. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

You're full of shyt. I've been to Japan and it's full of foriegners that can't even speak english!;)
  13. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +149 / 1 / -9

Good one! You got me for a second!;)