Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren94

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Jansen cut by skins... any interest to protect #12

Re: jansen cut by skins.. any interest

Jansen cut by skins... any interest to protect #12
why in the world would we take the redskins trash?? according to most people in this forumn we should sign every player that gets cut, its comical and uneducated

No.

why in the world would we take the redskins trash?? according to most people in this forumn we should sign every player that gets cut, its comical and uneducated

He's hardly trash due to the fact he started 11 yrs for them.. Also due to the fact the right side of the offensive line has been suspect.

What he said ... :yeahthat:

Did Washington even save any cap by cutting Jansen? It was just the year before last that he signed a big contract, and then tore up his ankle in the first game of the year.

According to this Washington fan forum he accounts for nearly $11 million in dead cap space.

He's hardly trash due to the fact he started 11 yrs for them.. Also due to the fact the right side of the offensive line has been suspect.
if hes not trash why was he cut?? after 11 years hes past his prime

Jansen was considered one the best right tackles in the league until he caught the injury bug. If he's healthy, a change of scenery could bring him back to pro bowl form. He's worth a look but I would be surprised if the Pats brought him in for a visit.

BREAKING: Redskins cut Jansen - Washington Times

The 33-year-old Jansen, who came to Washington as the team's second-round choice in the 1999 draft, the last one before Snyder assumed control, didn't miss a snap in practice or a game during his first five seasons. However, Jansen was hurt in each of the past five seasons and as his body wore out, he fell out of favor with longtime line coach Joe Bugel and Jim Zorn, who replaced head coach Joe Gibbs last season. Zorn benched Jansen last summer in favor of youngster Stephon Heyer, but Jansen wound up finishing the season as the starting right tackle.

The Redskins cut Jansen even though it will cost more to do on their salary cap than it would to have kept him as a backup. That's how much Zorn and Bugel wanted to move on with Heyer and perhaps offseason acquisitions Mike Williams and Jeremy Bridges at right tackle.

If he's willing to back up the Patriots tackles and to take minimal salary, he'd be a great addition. I just don't see that happening.

He wasn't trash 5 years ago. Hes trash now. Players get old and decline. He was cut for precisely this reason.

If he's willing to back up the Patriots tackles and to take minimal salary, he'd be a great addition. I just don't see that happening.

He was cut at an expense of $11M dollar cap increase. He's not going to beat out any one of the players they drafted, let alone one of the starters. He's not an NFL quality player any more. Hes done.

Jansen was cut because he is injury plagued and washed up. 3 years ago he used to be a good tackle. But he's probably a shell of himself by now.

no, and don't ask me again.....

We have to go thru this for EVERY cut player? Sheeesh

no, and don't ask me again.....

We have to go thru this for EVERY cut player? Sheeesh

The thread title made the thread quite obvious. You didn't need to click on it. Jansen is an excellent tackle, so your post is made even more silly by that reality.

Last edited:

The thread title made the thread quite obvious. You didn't need to click on it. Jansen is an excellent tackle, so your post is made even more silly by that reality.

Dues, Jansen is NOT an excellent tackle. He hasn't even been an AVERAGE tackle the last two years. He was cut because his play has declined terribly.

Jansen was considered one the best right tackles in the league until he caught the injury bug. If he's healthy, a change of scenery could bring him back to pro bowl form. He's worth a look but I would be surprised if the Pats brought him in for a visit.
They tried to, but he is too busy looking for the one-armed man.

Seriously, don't the Pats sign an over-the-hill OLinesman every year who retires after one day of training camp. Jansen could be the guy!

He's hardly trash due to the fact he started 11 yrs for them..
Didn';t Duane Starks start for 11 years before coming here? How about Chad Brown? I wouldn't call him trash, but playing for 11 years does not mean he isn't this year.

I would rather see Jon Runyan in NE before Jansen - both pretty washed up but Runyan was a warrior and a hog for the Eagles

Didn';t Duane Starks start for 11 years before coming here? How about Chad Brown? I wouldn't call him trash, but playing for 11 years does not mean he isn't this year.

I didn't call him trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye