PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Janoris Jenkins

Status
Not open for further replies.
News out of Dallas back before the Combine was that Jenkins was the guy they wanted in the first round. Nothing has changed since then. The only way I don't see Dallas taking Jenkins is if he's already off the board by the time they pick.

They are also reportedly enamored with Poe, who an insider source says "is the apple of their eye."

The latest reports within the past week say that they are now looking strongly at Mark Barron with the 14th pick.

I agree that a team like Dallas would be a potential fit for someone like Jenkins though. It will all depend if they feel that the high profile signing of Brandon Carr at 5 yrs/51+ million will be enough to bolster their CB situation or not.

I don't see him as the reincarnation of Pac Man Jones. He's just a 18-22 year old who likes \women and weed. That probably describes 85% of 18-22 year olds. What is more important is at THIS moment, what are his priorities and how important football is to him. By all accounts he's a responsible father, and has cleaned up his act. If he's simply a talented bad guy, the he should be off the board, But if he's a good guy who's done some dumb things and he still there in the 2nd round, you make the pick, hope for the best and prepare for the worst with a contract that protects you.

As a person there are consequences for your actions, and there should be for Jenkins. He's lost millions because he won't be drafted as high as his talents deserve, and he'll be on a very short leash when he finally gets to the NFL. However you cannot label a person FOREVER, for bad actions we've done in the past.

BTW- one thing to think in his favor is that he DID go back to school after getting kicked out of Florida. You know he could have just gone for the money and entered the supplemental draft that year.

Wanted to start out by saying that the tape of Jeffries vs Jenkins should be a major reason to draft Jeffries after watching what Jenkins did to Jones and Green.

On Jenkins: A bar fight, smoking some weed and impregnating some women. No positives but at the same time nothing that says a real bad person. It does show a lack of quality judgement though.

I've come around on the idea of Jenkins though. Anything outside of the top 20 picks are pretty big gambles so why not roll the dice w/ a chance to land a future All Pro.

I don't like to be boringly pragmatic here but it's all going to be down to the interviews. Presumably, at some stage, the Patriots will have spoken to him. If they're comfortable with his responses then he has a good chance of being picked (except that it doesn't look like they're looking at first round CB's this year).

Have you see him in action again Julio Jones and Ashon Jeffry? The guy is incredible. He can run and he can cover and he has good hands. In addition he an aggressive fearless tackler. Of course the downside makes you think of Pac Man Jones.

So what if he slides to 27? I think that the Patriots have to take him and hold their breath. Supposedly he has matured so I suspect that they can get a couple of years out of him before he reverts to form....

Janoris Jenkins is a Jerk. PacMan as talented as he was didn't play very often for the team that took him. He spent more time in custody and court than on the football field PacMan II is not going to be a Pat.

The kid has made some mistakes but many nfl players fight so that can be ignored. Having kids by various women, again isn't a problem when it comes to the nfl, look at Cromartie with 12 kids. He'll have enough money to support them anyway. Weed, damn theres that many weed smokers in the nfl I don't think its a big issue, just poor judgement. (see Aaron Hernandez) I'd happily take him... even in the first if certain players are not available...

Basically the guys made some mistakes and shown poor judgement but hes young... hes oozes talent and would massively help our secondary

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye