PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jamie Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BradyToMoss

How would Jamie Silva look playing next to Meriweather as our safety tandem of the future?

Some scouts are saying he could be the next Pat Tillman, John Lynch. He hits like a truck and would blossom if he was able to play a year with his idol Rodney.

I think the Pats may have to trade up in Round 4 to get him, but I think he's worth it, especially with Geno moving on.

can you post some of his measurable from the combine?

Yeah this kids awesome! He was a big factor for BC's defense.

I have a hard time seeing him as anything other than a special teamer....Maybe a safety in the box in short yardage. The kid's heart and instincts are off the charts, but I just don't think he's athletic enough to be an NFL regular.

can you post some of his measurable from the combine?

5'10" 204lbs. Whatever times he records at the combine will get posted later today.

Edit: I just wanted to add that he didn't do the bench press, so we'll have to see what he actually does at the combine. Some of the LB's basically just came to get measures, and didn't do anything else.

Last edited:
He's a combine invite, you'll get all of his numbers today, it's DB day today down in Indy.

Jamie is one of those kids who probably won't test well at the combine, but he's one of those guys that brings it game in/game out and coaches who watch his game tapes will see his value. Like Dryheat mentioned, he has the heart of a lion, you'll get every ounce of effort out of him and then some. He's a poor man's John Lynch who may in time end up being just like him. He is on the smaller side by SS standards, but he plays much bigger.

Here's a good scout link on him:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=9170

Last edited by a moderator:
He's a combine invite, you'll get all of his numbers today, it's DB day today down in Indy.

Jamie is one of those kids who probably won't test well at the combine, but he's one of those guys that brings it game in/game out and coaches who watch his game tapes will see his value. Like Dryheat mentioned, he has the heart of a lion, you'll get every ounce of effort out of him and then some. He's a poor man's John Lynch who may in time end up being just like him. He is on the smaller side by SS standards, but he plays much bigger.

Here's a good scout link on him:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=9170

[The following is not meant as a judgment, just an observation.]

Is it just me or does Silva sound like a cross between Welker and Ventrone?

“Without question, the hardest hitter to ever play for us,” Talley said of Ventrone. “He was probably the most feared player in our league. Other teams always had to ask, ‘where is Ray Ventrone?’ because he was just so incredibly physical. If you didn’t know where he was, he usually made you pay for it.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes