PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jamie Collins XP Block

Status
Not open for further replies.
He IS the beast

Got incorrectly called a penalty a few weeks back...glad they let it stand this time.

I saw someone do that in a game last year or the year before. Maybe Carolina? What a great play!

The only thing that would've been better would be if they'd have been able to grab the ball before it went out of bounds and run it down the field for a score.

But yeah, as long as Collins doesn't touch any of the offensive players during his leap, and he doesn't cross the line of scrimmage before the ball is snapped, then it's a perfectly legal maneuver/stunt.

:)

This game contained both the worst and best Special teams play in recent memory.

Now that we know that Jamie Collins hurdle play is possible, how does a team guard against that?

The NFL will probably outlaw that play by lunch tomorrow.

I saw someone do that in a game last year or the year before. Maybe Carolina? What a great play!

Kam Chancellor did it a couple of times last year, and as soon as people here saw it they were calling for Collins to do it.

If he jumped his highest to block that kick, the ball would have traveled underneath him

Can EA put this in madden? Like a Collins-rage mode.

With all the attention being paid to that OTHER storyline, one of my favorite developments this season has been how this dude is becoming, before our eyes, one of the very best players in the league.

And, BTW, to add one more point: it was also legal for him to be lined up over the LS, as he was more than far enough behind the LOS (it only applies if you're within either one or two yards).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes