PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jamie Collins at Practice Friday, but still doubtful for Denver game

Status
Not open for further replies.
He speculated about MRSA on the pregame show a few weeks ago.

I remember that, and the talk of norovirus. Do we have any information what this illness was? I see that Chris Price has Collins as doubtful and Amendola as questionable right now. Not sure if that is real either since the injury report is usually about practice (full, limited, did not practice) at this point in the week.

Collins might get a few plays on Sunday night to give him a taste of live action since he's not battling a muscle tear or a joint injury. Amendola coule be a full goal if they can stabilize the knee with a brace and wrap. I'm glad Amendola didn't tear a hamstring, which is what it looked like when he reached for his thigh.

d%#*!@t I really really really wanted him for this game.

He speculated about MRSA on the pregame show a few weeks ago.

In fairness to Gasper, he said there were rumors of MRSA. And Dale Arnold said the same thing later in the week. Arnold, unlike Gasper, called the rumors ridiculous.

I just can't imagine that Collins can't play 20 or so snaps on Sunday after nearly 2 weeks of recovery. Dress him, use him only when Denver crosses midfield or something. Cmon Bill, put all hands on deck now so they don't have to be on deck @NYJ or @Mia

In fairness to Gasper, he said there were rumors of MRSA. And Dale Arnold said the same thing later in the week. Arnold, unlike Gasper, called the rumors ridiculous.
I 'm not a Gasper hater but it's irresponsible for him to do that. Although he" only" spread the rumor, the more that kind of talk is repeated the more it starts to be accepted. I know the media, in general, doesn't give a crap what they say these days but he simply shouldn't have done it.

Shaq Mason and Sebastian Vollmer removed from injury list today. That's promising. To see both limited on Tuesday and Wednesday this week was a drag. Vollmer looked lost against the Bills, so I was worried his concussion hadn't subsided. If Vollmer and Mason are near 100% it will be huge for Brady. It would be nice if Marcus Cannon can handle his tackle spot with help from Williams or another TE.

Hey now not saying it is the case but him being "Doubtful" still means there is a slight chance he could play.

(O) Out = definitely will not play
(D) Doubtful = at least 75% chance will not play
(Q) Questionable = 50-50 chance will not play
(P) Probable = virtual certainty will be available for normal duty

I 'm not a Gasper hater but it's irresponsible for him to do that. Although he" only" spread the rumor, the more that kind of talk is repeated the more it starts to be accepted. I know the media, in general, doesn't give a crap what they say these days but he simply shouldn't have done it.
You're right. And fatass Bertrand repeated it the following week. If you don't have tangible proof from a reliable source, it's professionally irresponsible to spread that crap. They're no better than Mortenson in my opinion.

So your telling me there's a chance.....

I just can't imagine that Collins can't play 20 or so snaps on Sunday after nearly 2 weeks of recovery. Dress him, use him only when Denver crosses midfield or something. Cmon Bill, put all hands on deck now so they don't have to be on deck @NYJ or @Mia
How do you know he can after 2 weeks of recovery without know what shape is he in ? Why put someone who is just returning from injury/illness in the game when the pats are 11-0 ? If you follow how bb manages injuries over the last 15 odd yrs you will know that he always gives injured players extra time to heal during the season, once its the playoffs that injury list goes down drastically.

How do you know he can after 2 weeks of recovery without know what shape is he in ? Why put someone who is just returning from injury/illness in the game when the pats are 11-0 ? If you follow how bb manages injuries over the last 15 odd yrs you will know that he always gives injured players extra time to heal during the season, once its the playoffs that injury list goes down drastically.
They're 10-0, and all games are not of the same importance. If the AFCCG is in Denver instead of Foxboro because of a couple plays in a November game, that will be bad. That's why I would play Collins. You disagree, that's fine.

Hey now not saying it is the case but him being "Doubtful" still means there is a slight chance he could play.

(O) Out = definitely will not play
(D) Doubtful = at least 75% chance will not play
(Q) Questionable = 50-50 chance will not play
(P) Probable = virtual certainty will be available for normal duty
I feel like nobody ever plays when doubtful just as nobody ever misses probable. Youd think people would use doubtful more often and just play them when they should have been questionable or better.

They're 10-0, and all games are not of the same importance. If the AFCCG is in Denver instead of Foxboro because of a couple plays in a November game, that will be bad. That's why I would play Collins. You disagree, that's fine.

Belichick has always been a big picture thinker. In this case it's get his guys healthy for the post season. One loss to Denver does not mean that the AFCCG will be in Denver. Pats have an easy schedule the rest of the way with Philly, Tennessee, Houston, Jets and Miami. At 15-1 they will get home field advantage and next time Denver has to come to foxboro and face a healthy patriots squad that includes julian edelman and jamie collins.

Belichick has always been a big picture thinker. In this case it's get his guys healthy for the post season. One loss to Denver does not mean that the AFCCG will be in Denver. Pats have an easy schedule the rest of the way with Philly, Tennessee, Houston, Jets and Miami. At 15-1 they will get home field advantage and next time Denver has to come to foxboro and face a healthy patriots squad that includes julian edelman and jamie collins.
Yeah a loss here definitely doesn't worry me. Facing Osweiler a second time will definitely be a plus for us. I can definitely see Denver winning with such little tape on the guy and it being in Denver.

Yes but you cannot know how ready he is or isnt just because he has been recovering for 2 weeks according to you. A half effective collins causing further injury is a nightmarish thought.
In any case, there is less than 1 % chance he plays.

d%#*!@t I really really really wanted him for this game.
The great news is he is back after no inclination of what was happening .

Well at least he is practicing

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I heard on the radio this morning that another rumor going around the media about Collins is that he had the shingles. That makes more sense for him to miss a quarter of the season than the stomach flu.

Don't kill the messenger. I am just reporting what I heard on the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back