PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James "The Invincible" Bequette has been waived

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul_Survivor88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Doug Kyed ‏@DougKyedNESN 13m13 minutes ago
The Patriots also waived/injured TE Jake Bequette. He'll go to IR if he clears waivers.

It happened!

EDIT: It's possible that after going unclaimed on waivers, Jake "The Invincible" reverts to IR and is somehow back at training camp next year. Astounding

EDIT EDIT: If he’s not claimed, he can go on Patriots injured reserve or become a free agent after an injury settlement with the team. Let's hope that after 4 years without a game, the team will chose to rid themselves of Jake "The Invincible"

Last edited:
Hes going to the Practice Squad or IR, hes not going anywhere.

:eek: What is this guy doing that impresses the Pats so much? It's not as if he stood out in training camp. So Why?

Well after he goes to IR, he'll have successfully hung around for 4 years without playing in a single game. Unreal.

Anonymous defensive end sent a petition to the league, he wants a change in the practice squad rules:
1. A player can be in the practice squad during his first 15 years in the league

In other news, the world has been destroyed by nuclear weapons, and not even the ****roaches survived.

I think the better metaphor is that the Kafkaesque Bequette got stepped on... but scurried off. Whether he lives on (in the practice squad) has yet to be seen.. :)

If a tree in a forest is released......

:eek: What is this guy doing that impresses the Pats so much? It's not as if he stood out in training camp. So Why?

Not sure what the football reasons are, but I don't think that there can be any doubt that he is a good guy and hard worker that is very well-liked on a personal level by the coaching staff.

If he ends up on IR (and there's no reason to think otherwise), wouldn't that make him the equivalent of a 5th year sophomore or something?

Not sure what the football reasons are, but I don't think that there can be any doubt that he is a good guy and hard worker that is very well-liked on a personal level by the coaching staff.

You mean to tell me Jake Bequette somehow made the Patriots coaching staff feel sentimental, even though he didn't play a single game?

What happened to Belichick's hardline notion of "player value"?

I swear, this man must be a magician

Oh my... The day has finally happened..

Impossibru.png

In other news, the world has been destroyed by nuclear weapons, and not even the ****roaches survived.

Dang, I didn't even realize that! I guess us Patriot fans must be in some afterlife like in the 'Lost' Finale, working through our issues with Goodell ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes